Imagineer Testing at The Seas with Nemo and Friends

SoccerMickey

Original Poster
When entering the seas with Nemo and friends this morning there was a sandwich board in front of the door saying "Imagineers Testing! Details ahead!" the first thing you saw was a sign saying Welcome Scavenger Hunters and asking guests to find sea shells. New images on the walls of various beach items were on display. Before going into the next room the next sign asked how well you did and find out in the next room. Inside the room with the school of fish projection the lights were on really bright and managers and imagineers were asking people of they particiated in the hunt in the previous room.
It is nothing elaborate to say the least but I post pictures when I get home.

Since1976

Very cool! Sounds similar to the testing they did on the Haunted Mansion before that ride's big "Scene One" refurb!

I really dig these innovative queues -- I wonder how long it will before Nemo gets one?

raven

This is a test for Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt in the new FLE. (For a simple hunt, see how many shells you can find, for a more difficult hunt, count the things that "fly.") :wave:

JustInTime

So would this just be for Mermaid's Queue or would there be a Showcase Adventure type deal around the new expansion? I personally think each park should be covered in a World Showcase Adventure type experiences. Animal Kingdom would be great.

Lee

Adventurer
So would this just be for Mermaid's Queue or would there be a Showcase Adventure type deal around the new expansion? I personally think each park should be covered in a World Showcase Adventure type experiences. Animal Kingdom would be great.

Mermaid's queue.
And, yes. Interactive adventures are in the works for all the parks.

raven

Next Gen is your answer there. Some very exciting things planned. :animwink:

jt04

OK, I am not making this up but I intended to start a thread in the Imagineering forum concerning the Seas pavilion tonight. So I about fell out of my Imagineering armchair when I read the title of this thread. Spooky. My first thought was that there is no way I can make the thread now.

But since this has nothing really to do with the Epcot pavilion I think I will proceed later. Life is too strange sometimes.

Neverland

This is a test for Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt in the new FLE. (For a simple hunt, see how many shells you can find, for a more difficult hunt, count the things that "fly.") :wave:

Ah, okay. Makes sense. I was wondering why they'd be considering putting an interactive queue into Nemo, which rarely has a sizeable line. :) Mermaid and its assured popularity will definitely warrant a next-gen queue.

NoChesterHester

Next Gen is your answer there. Some very exciting things planned. :animwink:

So is the plan to have these smaller experiences, or will all the experiences be linked?

I ask because I picture checking these communicators (or whatever they are) in and out could be a pain.

I am REALLY excited however of the deployment of this technology. I know some will find a way to complain, but this kind of interaction is exactly what the park needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom