HOT INFO! Timekeeper to be Monster's Inc. Stage Show (pics!)

MissM

Original Poster
From a known and trusted source, I'm happy to be the one to break some exciting news... Timekeeper is becoming a Monster's Inc. Stage show. It's on a fast schedule and work is already underway.

I received specific permission to post this info and share the breaking news. :sohappy: So enjoy!
-m

Note: Steve requested that I not show the images due to the possible sensitive nature of the internal information. There's no drama or complex story, just a request not to share them on this site. Thanks.

Pongo

Whoa...

Craziness. Thanks for the info, MissM. I wonder how they're going to work that into the tomorrowland theme?

imagineer boy

Gaaah!!!!!!! I am still seriously hopeing that this is not true. How on earth could they think that Monsters Inc can fit into the Tomorrowland theme? Its horriffic to even think about it. Besides, if it were to be a stage show, then why couldn't they put it in the Galaxy Palace theater? Make better use of that old place.

New2WDW

Thanks for the info! Any idea on the time frame? At least this is the Laugh floor and not the Scare floor - which could have been another Stitch ride problem where kids are scared of it. I love the Mickey Head North Arrow on the drawings!

imagineer boy

Actually, rememer the one guy who pranked us by posting a picture of a fake drawing of a new sky way car photo shopped onto an imagineering document? This is very similar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I prey this isn`t true...

What a waste of space. Tomorrowland would really be Fantasyland east.

imagineer boy said:
Besides, if it were to be a stage show, then why couldn't they put it in the Galaxy Palace theater?
Possibly the story (was it Lee?) regarding the land from the Skyway station to the Galaxy Palace is true???

CTXRover

Thanks for the update!

I'm usually all for high quality stage shows for the parks to round out the overall experience, but I'm not really feeling that idea right now. The Timekeeper building could be used for something much better than that.

Either way,if legit, it does look like the plans are for some type of Monsters, Inc. attraction to be placed in MK's tomorrowland. It shouldn't really be too much of a surprise at this point, considering Tokyo's Tomorrowland is getting one as well. From those pics, I can't really see what would indicate it will be a show vs a ride though. From the caption "The Laugh Floor" on the one set of plans, I would almost think that could be a scene in a ride-through attraction like DCA has or Tokyo is getting. Not to mention plans and models are already completed for the other versions of a Monster, Inc ride making it that much easier to create a ride-through experience vs a show.

Thanks for the pics, but my guess is you were simply given permission from whoever gave you those pics and not TWDC. I'm almost certain that if they hear about this, we will be required to remove those pics....

MissM

Original Poster
I know it's odd. And I know how these things are impossible to prove without giving away too much info. But I was speaking with a well-known and well respected person (which most people know) who has contracts with Disney. He said he has blueprints for the show and shared the two images with me.

I don't know anything about the storyline or how its going to be a tomorrowland-specific show, but...I thought it was more then interesting enough to share.

There have been Monster's Inc. bumper-car rumors for a long time now so theconcept isn't really that far in left field.
-m

Pongo

imagineer boy said:
Gaaah!!!!!!! I am still seriously hopeing that this is not true. How on earth could they think that Monsters Inc can fit into the Tomorrowland theme? Its horriffic to even think about it. Besides, if it were to be a stage show, then why couldn't they put it in the Galaxy Palace theater? Make better use of that old place.

The attraction hasn't even been built yet. Don't be saying it can't fit into the theme. I have faith that WDI will find a way to make Monsters Inc. a viable Tomorrowland attraction.

The GPT probably won't be torn down for a while just because it is used for dance shows, recitals, and the like. Also it hosts entertainment at MVMCP - actually, the best of the night.

If the GPT was turned into a MI attraction, there would be nowhere for any of that to go.

Moustronaut

Pongo said:
The attraction hasn't even been built yet. Don't be saying it can't fit into the theme. I have faith that WDI will find a way to make Monsters Inc. a viable Tomorrowland attraction.
It's easy to say that monsters does not fit into the "Future That Never Was" unless they are big slimey space aliens. Terestrial bound monsters in your closet just do not fit the theme of futuristic in any sense of any generation's future. So it could be the best Monster's Inc. show in the known universe and it still won't fit the theme of Tomorrowland. Now we can take arguements on where anything else in Tomorrowland fits that theme anymore either but IMNSHO a Monsters ride would fit much better where 20K used to be. It would be a good gap filler as a SciFi attraction between the campy futuristic world of Tomorrowland and the stories of Fantasyland.

dxwwf3

marni1971 said:
Tomorrowland would really be Fantasyland East.

It already is :lol:

Hopefully if this does happen, it won't be a total waste of space. I'm to the point now where I'm for anything that doesn't involve bumper cars.

Pioneer Hall

Are we sure this is going in the Timekeeper area? There is a large unused theater space in Tomorrowland now called the Galaxy Palace Theater...it might be going there.

dxwwf3

DisneyInsider said:
Are we sure this is going in the Timekeeper area? There is a large unused theater space in Tomorrowland now called the Galaxy Palace Theater...it might be going there.

That would be awesome. Anything would be better than the nothing that's currently there, I guess.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can't confirm anything at this stage, but if this is one of the proposed attractions that I know are in the mix for this area, it certainly isnt your regular stage show, and it's using some new technology that Disney have been testing elsewhere.

Skippy

ballewclan said:
Well this kinda stinks. Disney was keeping it in tight wraps and now the cats out of the bag.
is it really? sure we have a name and a few ideas. but we have nothing concrete yet... i say slowly drip us info...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom