Pirates 4 World Premiere

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Al is reporting that the Pirates 4 World Premiere will once again be held at Disneyland. dang May is just going to be crazy!!!!

Editor's Note 1/28-29: The Disney Studios have committed to holding the splashy Pirates 4 movie premiere at Disneyland, much to the chagrin of some folks out in Florida who were trying to nab it. But Disneyland has proven they know how to stage these big events, and the Hollywood crowd showed no interest in flying out to the swamp when they could just limo down the I-5 again. As you can imagine, the staging of the premiere before the film's wide release date of May 20th is part of the reason why the exact opening dates in May for Mermaid, Star Tours and Soundsational have not yet been nailed down. The month of May will be very busy in Anaheim!

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Well Disneyland has a very strange operating hours :cool: on May 7, 7am-5pm. This spells to me! Pirates of the Caribbean- On Stranger Tide World Premiere at Disneyland.... Previous world premieres had the park closing around the same time.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/#/default/2011/05/04-
Park hours on May 7
DL---7am-5pm
DCA--10am-11pm

I forgot to post this here before, but the dates line up....
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al022211a.htm
Kicking off the month of May that very first weekend is AIDS Walk Orange County, which will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with upwards of 30,000 participants from around SoCal walking through Disneyland and DCA before the parks open on May 1st. The very next weekend the splashy celebrity premiere for the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie will invade Disneyland. This time there is a thought to go with a giant screen in front of the Castle, instead of setting up shop on the Rivers of America for a fourth time.
Regardless of the exact location, those huge Pirates movie premieres always bring with them lots of logistical headaches and a massive deployment of manpower from both Anaheim and Burbank.

TP2000

Interesting nemofinder22! It looks like Mr. Lutz was right and the big premiere will be that second weekend in May.

I'll try and avoid the Anaheim area that weekend, as those events aren't much fun if you aren't on the invite list. :lol:

LALALand

Interesting nemofinder22! It looks like Mr. Lutz was right and the big premiere will be that second weekend in May.

I'll try and avoid the Anaheim area that weekend, as those events aren't much fun if you aren't on the invite list. :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up!

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Just a side note, this doesn't confirm the world premiere, but it sure does look like it will happen. On another note, the DL calendar is now only posted till May 3...

Fantasmic! also has no showings past April 24th.... hmmm

TP2000

I stayed up to watch the clocks change to Daylight Saving Time (my wild lifestyle!), and this has popped up on the front page of Miceage early Sunday morning...

"Editor's Note 3/13: The big Pirates IV movie premiere we noted in the last update is now a definite go. Saturday, May 7th is the date and they've decided on the deluxe setup on the Rivers of America. Disneyland will close early at 5PM and DCA will close at 11PM. Expect lots of River area ride closures and construction headaches to begin by early May. It would be wise to avoid visiting that weekend, unless your only goal is to be a screaming fan on the red carpet down Main Street USA. - Al Lutz"

It looks like it's on for another huge Pirates Premiere! :eek:

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Now its official-

From the Disney Parks Blog, see the link for the full story.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...tes-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-may-7/
Disneyland park will make history on May 7 when we host the first-ever 3D outdoor film premiere of “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” to benefit Boys & Girls Clubs of America. All of the film’s stars are expected to attend along with many more Hollywood celebrities.
The Walt Disney Company is hosting the gala event and funds raised from ticket sales will go directly to Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of America is to enable all young people, especially those who need it most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens

Buried20KLeague

I just bought two tickets to the premiere for my wife and I... Anyone else here thinking about going?? We'd love to meet up with some folks and walk the red carpet together!

We went to the last premiere and walked the red carpet and the whole deal... It was a crazy night. Completely worth it. We've been waiting to see if tickets would be available, and I bought two the INSTANT it was announced.

Not only is it a great way to donate to a charity, but we rubbed elbows with celebs all night, and each got gift bags on the way out worth at least a couple hundred bucks each that helped ease the blow of the cost... Plus it's a tax write off!

Best memory of the night: After the movie, we decided we'd stick around and ride a couple rides, since they were closed to the public. My wife and I walked over to the HM, and walked into the stretching room. We were the only ones in there. Completely alone. Then in walked John Lassetter and his wife and kids. There we were, riding the HM with basically as close to today's "Walt" as you'll find. Just an amazing time.

And that's just one of a dozen stories from that night.

Millionaire2K

This is VERY BAD timing (for me). My first EVER trip to Disneyland is on May 7th. I booked my hotel stay months out and now I hear the park is closing early. I feel cheated. Not to mention I’m using more DVC points to stay there on Sat. BOOO! To Disneyland for not giving a bigger heads up.

TP2000

This is VERY BAD timing (for me). My first EVER trip to Disneyland is on May 7th. I booked my hotel stay months out and now I hear the park is closing early. I feel cheated. Not to mention I’m using more DVC points to stay there on Sat. BOOO! To Disneyland for not giving a bigger heads up.

Well, to be fair, Al Lutz has been talking about this for months. :D

And the official Disneyland.com website changed the Disneyland closing time for that night to 5PM a month ago.

DCA will be open until 11PM that night to compensate. But you can't stop Hollywood!

Millionaire2K

1 month notice is not fare for people who spend their hard earned cash. When I saw the bad hrs posted a month ago I tried to make changes but was to late for my job.

Not everyone can plan trips willy nilly. Disneyland should understand this fact. Disneywold gets it.

TP2000

1 month notice is not fare for people who spend their hard earned cash. When I saw the bad hrs posted a month ago I tried to make changes but was to late for my job.

Not everyone can plan trips willy nilly. Disneyland should understand this fact. Disneywold gets it.

I didn't mean to make light of it, honestly. I imagine its frustrating for long-term planners.

But, you can at least plan for it. Disneyland will be open early at 7AM and that first hour or two will be a great time to tackle the non-Fastpass rides like Peter Pan or Matterhorn without long lines. On the other end of the day, the late night closing for DCA means you can do a bunch of stuff there without as many crowds like Bugs, Muppets, Monsters Inc., etc.

Millionaire2K

I didn't mean to make light of it, honestly. I imagine its frustrating for long-term planners.

But, you can at least plan for it. Disneyland will be open early at 7AM and that first hour or two will be a great time to tackle the non-Fastpass rides like Peter Pan or Matterhorn without long lines. On the other end of the day, the late night closing for DCA means you can do a bunch of stuff there without as many crowds like Bugs, Muppets, Monsters Inc., etc.

Sounds like a good idea TP2000. I will get to bed early the day b4 to make sure im at the park first thing in the morning.

In any event I can't wait to visit Disneyland!! Ive been to the world about 20 times but never DL.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
^ I would try to make the most of it, plus May 7 has all APs blocked(except the Premiums of course). I imagine a lot of people that get to the park early are going to claim spots on the carpet so might as well get on as many attractions as possible, well thats what I would do lol.

But overall try to enjoy it, its going to be a very different type of day especially Main Street and along the river front. And if you really wanted watch the red carpet(black carpet this year).

Buried20KLeague

Looks as if the tickets for the Premiere are sold out... ALREADY.

In 07 when they did this same thing, it took a couple weeks to sell out. This time, it took 3 days. That's crazy.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
http://miceage.micechat.com/
Editor's Note 4/26: Construction has now begun along the Rivers of America for the seating and massive movie screen for the Pirates movie premiere on the 7th. This setup will be even more intrusive in New Orleans Square than the previous three premieres, due to the need to position the seats in a narrower footprint in front of the screen to capture the 3D effect. It won't be pretty for the next two weeks, but only Disneyland could try and pull something like this off. The entire area won't return to normal until May 13th. - Al Lutz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom