Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun! video

Rinx

:lookaroun wow....and not in the good way. Plus, could they really not find a better song to use?

5...4...3...2..._______

Okay I agree it isn't the best parade ever but I do see some pros(comparing it to block party bash)

Pros:
  • You get to see all the characters/floats pass at a slower speed(not one float in front of you the whole time and the rest just going by quickly)
  • Ratatoulie Included
  • Up characters included

Now onto the many negatives( In My Opinion):
  • Very Short Parade
  • The soundtrack is boring, six minutes of the same thing being said over and over again.
  • No audience interaction. I didn't see one performer or character go over to anyone in the crowd.
  • The floats are very "blocky" looking. The only one that is somewhat okay is the toy story one.
  • Everyone is doing the same thing, its just different costumes.
  • I think the banner at the beginning is tacky. It looks like a high school band should be behind them.
  • Bottom Line: I just don't see the fun lol

This is all coming from someone who HATED Block Party Bash

mm52200

Okay I agree it isn't the best parade ever but I do see some pros(comparing it to block party bash)

Pros:
  • You get to see all the characters pass(not one float in front of you the whole time
  • Ratatoulie Included
  • Up characters included
  • Lotso now Included in Toy Story Float

Now onto the many negatives( In My Opinion):
  • Very Short Parade
  • The soundtrack is boring, six minutes of the same thing being said over and over again.
  • No audience interaction. I didn't see one performer or character go over to anyone in the crowd.
  • The floats are very "blocky" looking. The only one that is somewhat okay is the toy story one.
  • Everyone is doing the same thing, its just different costumes.
  • I think the banner at the beginning is tacky. It looks like a high school band should be behind them.
  • Bottom Line: I just don't see the fun lol

This is all coming from someone who HATED Block Party Bash

Just to let you know Lotso was in BPB and you did get to see all the characters and floats in BPB, they just move slower now.

Just to let you know Lotso was in BPB and you did get to see all the characters and floats in BPB, they just move slower now.

Last time I went was before TS3 was out so I must have missed Lotso But either way its nice that they included him.

As for seeing everything in BPB, Yes you did get to see everything, but it moved so quickly past you. One time we were in the bugs life section and no one in my family is a huge fan of that movie and they were more interested in seeing the other floats. And then the floats just flew by, we couldn't even take pictures of all of them. Personally I prefer them moving slower but thats just my opinion.

mm52200

You'd rather watch floats slowly go by with characters waving then watch talented performers work their butts off? The showstops with the great choreography, the interactive elements, the Green Army Men, acrobats, trampolines, jumpropes, jumping stilts, and an overall innovative parade did nothing for you? You would rather just watch the characters slowly go by? Well that's Countdown to Fun.

Tori

If you were dissapointed in this parade as I was I encourage you to send a letter to Disney about it. I went into Guest Services after the parade to leave a comment about it and they said the recieved quite a few comments about it.

Walt Disney World
Guest Communication Services
Post Office Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, Fl
32830-0040

mm52200

Thanks Tori, every complaint will help get the point across and maybe they'll do something to improve the parade but there's not too much the can really do to improve it except bring back BPB.

You'd rather watch floats slowly go by with characters waving then watch talented performers work their butts off? The showstops with the great choreography, the interactive elements, the Green Army Men, acrobats, trampolines, jumpropes, jumping stilts, and an overall innovative parade did nothing for you? You would rather just watch the characters slowly go by? Well that's Countdown to Fun.

Like I said I don't enjoy either parade, both for different reasons but its just my opinion. I like a combination of both. One of the negatives I said was no interaction with the audience I did enjoy that. and I also enjoyed the performers. I just would have liked to have all the floats go by and maybe see smaller performances but different ones at all the floats?

Tazer19

I only quickly clicked through it, as to not ruin the 'surprise' for when we arrive next week, but it's pretty bad. We won't be making time for this.

That's the awful song that the Packers use for TDs at home (and local bars)... so if I haven't heard it enough already...

Mr.MouseFan

What a disappointment. I would have preferred they brought over the entire Pixar Play Parade instead of MSEP. I like the 3 big floats for Toy Story, Monsters Inc. and Bug's Life, that's about it. And of the entire Pixar Play Parade soundtrack, they couldn't figure out a way to splice together different parts? They had to loop the same part over and over again for 6 minutes? Very unfortunate.

Disneyland gets a lavish new parade and WDW gets, well...this.

rct247

It wasn't terrible and the performers certainly did a great job, but this parade is a big fat downgrade from the Block Party Bash and ANY visitor who returns who has seen that and will watch this will completely agree, I guarantee it.

The parade even look sparse. The "countdown floats" look SO CHEAP!! Boxes with plywood numbers on it in "fun" colors. The soundtrack is a hand-me down that I was prepared for, but I wasn't prepared for it just to be the chorus repeated over and over again. Lame.

I am not a fan of Animal Kingdom's parade at all, and all of a sudden, it looks far better than this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom