Expedition Everest drop, in excess of 100ft!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
News into me today tells us we have been wrong on major elements of Everest. We have long thought that the drop would be in the region of 80ft. The final footage count is 112 feet!!

Shaman

wdwmagic said:
News into me today tells us we have been wrong on major elements of Everest. We have long thought that the drop would be in the region of 80ft. The final footage count is 112 feet!! :-D :sohappy:

WOW!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Pongo

WHOA! It's like my entire world has been turned upside down!

Thanks, Steve. Are we going to find out that the Mountain REALLY IS 500 feet tall now?

:lol:

Shaman

Pongo said:
WHOA! It's like my entire world has been turned upside down!

Thanks, Steve. Are we going to find out that the Mountain REALLY IS 500 feet tall now?

I was thinking the same....:lol:

Now, I'm wondering, what do they consider to be a "drop" or rather...how do they measure it? I just can't believe what I'm reading....:sohappy:

MickeyTigg

wdwmagic said:
News into me today tells us we have been wrong on major elements of Everest. We have long thought that the drop would be in the region of 80ft. The final footage count is 112 feet!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:sohappy:

Connor002

Ummm, am I the only one who dosen't think this is a huge relavlation?:veryconfu

It's not uncommon for specific dietails to be altered or under/overstated during construction. Maybe I'm just becoming desensitized to all these Everest threads...

Madison

Connor002 said:
Ummm, am I the only one who dosen't think this is a huge relavlation?:veryconfu

It's not uncommon for specific dietails to be altered or under/overstated during construction. Maybe I'm just becoming desensitized to all these Everest threads...

Well, it's not as if Disney hasn't known the whole time what the exact largest vertical descent on the ride really is. 32' is a pretty big change and sounds weird to me.

BeachClubVillas

:eek: :sohappy:

Fabulous news Steve!

Is anyone else feeling guilty for lambasting that newbie who claimed the same thing last week?? Oh well :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think it's measured by how long the downward direction is continued, including if it goes into a curve or something. So, basicly say the top of the height is level or the top of a lift. From that high point where it starts down, through the main drop, and then also through any curves/helix until it begins upward again is considered the height of the drop.

WeLComeHomE OKW

thats pretty sweet! cant wait to tell my family and see there mouth gof from :) to :eek: in a matter of seconds. if they werent gonna go it before (cuz they are scared of rollar coasters), they wont even consider it now. but i cant wait....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom