Fort Wilderness Barn moving Plans Leaked

SeaCastle

Nice find...there had been rumors about this for a while but I guess this confirms it. Hopefully the design is tasteful and not too intruding on the wildlife in the area.

MarkTwain

Woah! I'm gonna grab a seat for this thread before the place gets packed.

38.gif

So will this be replacing any existing structures?

WDWFigment

This sounds pretty cool. Those drawings contain some references to the 'classic Fort' (River Country water tanker, canon), so I'm hoping this will be a positive addition!

jakeman

Being a DVC member, I'm all about new places to spend my points within the context of DVC membership, since it is much cheaper than converting them to use at non-DVC resorts.

With that said, since every DVC resort needs to have people purchase into it to make it their "home resort", I wonder what kind of demand there is for Fort Wilderness?

Or is this just going to be an extension of the Wilderness Lodge points? Similar to the Treehouses at Saratoga?

PhilharMagician

Yeah, this looks like a huge project coming to FW and the old RC. DWG's are quite detailed. The buildings seem to be designed similar to AKL and AKV, but look to be awefully close to Pioneer Hall.

NEW.jpg

Pioneer Hall

Being a DVC member, I'm all about new places to spend my points within the context of DVC membership, since it is much cheaper than converting them to use at non-DVC resorts.

With that said, since every DVC resort needs to have people purchase into it to make it their "home resort", I wonder what kind of demand there is for Fort Wilderness?

Or is this just going to be an extension of the Wilderness Lodge points? Similar to the Treehouses at Saratoga?

I think that if it does turn out to be a new DVC resort, then it will be on its own and not an extension of Wilderness Lodge. I think that if they give the resort the ammenities of a DVC resort and improve the transportation to that area then they will have a succesful resort. Fort Wilderness is a beautiful property and this would truly help bring people to the resort to enjoy its ammenities. They just need to do some work on the infrastructure if this is their plan.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

I know that I am a HUGE fan of Ft. Wilderness, and in 3-5 years or so when I'm going to (hopefully) be in the market to join in DVC, I'd be thrilled if there was a Ft. Wilderness related option to choose from.

I know it's a bit cliche, but I'd be very excited to "own" a bit of the place that brought me so many happy memories in childhood.

PhilharMagician

I think that if it does turn out to be a new DVC resort, then it will be on its own and not an extension of Wilderness Lodge. I think that if they give the resort the ammenities of a DVC resort and improve the transportation to that area then they will have a succesful resort. Fort Wilderness is a beautiful property and this would truly help bring people to the resort to enjoy its ammenities. They just need to do some work on the infrastructure if this is their plan.
It will not be part of Wilderness Lodge, but part of Ft Wilderness.

officeboy

So I don't know how to read topo, but I don't see any parking lots here. Seems kinda odd to me those details would be missing from a topo map.

Perhaps they intend to bring the steam train back to shuttle folks from the parking lot? jk

GLaDOS

"Paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

Honestly, that's what springs to my mind when I see this. It looks pretty big. But here's to hoping it looks good.

TheBeatles

how would these buildings be themed?

is it a contradiction to construct a series of DVC buildings amongst campgrounds and cabins?

Fizbain32

We bought into DVC and one of the things that we were a little disappointed in was that trading DVC points to go to Fort Wilderness wold be a bit pricey. So count us in the group that would like the idea of staying there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom