More details on the new savannah trekking experience heading to Animal Kingdom

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sounds very cool indeed. Thanks for the update, Steve. :wave:

(But the first time something goes wrong with that zip line.....:dazzle:)

Pioneer Hall

My guess is going to be between 100-150 for the tour (while pricey, seems like it might be worth it for a try). While this might be going out on a limb, it sounds like this is the kind of encounter you might have seen at "Night Kingdom" based on the rumors we heard. I wonder if the basically cancelled plans have started to find their ways into other areas of the resort as this sounds like it might have.

CaptainWinter

While this might be going out on a limb, it sounds like this is the kind of encounter you might have seen at "Night Kingdom" based on the rumors we heard.

Not going out on a limb at all, since zip lines and hippos were two of the things we knew about NK. It sounds to me like this trek is a way to use their NK plans. If, of course, the description turns out to be correct.

djkidkaz

As long as these trekkers are kept out of view of the Safari ride, Im cool with it, but I don't want to see people hanging off a cliff looking into the hippo pool while Im on my safari ride. I trust Disney though, so I'll just wait and see I guess.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As long as these trekkers are kept out of view of the Safari ride, Im cool with it, but I don't want to see people hanging off a cliff looking into the hippo pool while Im on my safari ride. I trust Disney though, so I'll just wait and see I guess.

They will be visible from the safaris, but will be worked into the story.

Pioneer Hall

I would think that it might actually be interesting to see other people doing things while you are on your safari. A real wildlife reserve would have a lot of activity going on instead of just cookie cutter jeeps driving along the same "roads". I think that as long as it is worked out in the story (as Steve said it would), then seeing other people will be find and only add to the belief that you are on a true wildlife reserve.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Nah... knowing Disney they'll probably have the Safari Drivers then try to up sell it.

jakeman

Well, we made it to post #8 in this thread without someone complaining about it.

They can either do it at Safi River in view of the trucks or they can do it around the corner at the Pangani viewing area. They still may be visible to the trucks but only if you are looking for them in that area. I've never quit figured out exactly where the viewing area is, but in my thousands of safaris I've conducted I'm pretty sure it's not directly on the ride path.

I'm interested as to where this is all going to take place. There isn't very much of the actual safari that isn't accessible to animals.

I would think they would more than likely use North Savannah for most of this. Which makes me wonder where they are going to put the animals that are in North Savannah? Or has the use of that savannah been phased out?

devoy1701

Not going out on a limb at all, since zip lines and hippos were two of the things we knew about NK. It sounds to me like this trek is a way to use their NK plans. If, of course, the description turns out to be correct.

I was thinking the same thing...sounds like we are starting to see some of Night Kingdom coming to light here.

Buried20KLeague

My guess is going to be between 100-150 for the tour (while pricey, seems like it might be worth it for a try). While this might be going out on a limb, it sounds like this is the kind of encounter you might have seen at "Night Kingdom" based on the rumors we heard. I wonder if the basically cancelled plans have started to find their ways into other areas of the resort as this sounds like it might have.

I kind of wonder the opposite... If this isn't a test to see what kind of interest there is in a top-flight experience like this before maybe taking the Night Kingdom plans to the next level.

The "test balloon", as it were.

jakeman

I'm interested as to where this is all going to take place. There isn't very much of the actual safari that isn't accessible to animals.

I would think they would more than likely use North Savannah for most of this. Which makes me wonder where they are going to put the animals that are in North Savannah? Or has the use of that savannah been phased out?
So I know it is somewhat egotistical to respond to your own post, but I was looking at the satellite images of safari.

The southern part of North Savannah is actually open and not used for animal interaction. I'm not sure if it has always been that way, but it would provide a perfect area for this type of course. That makes me wonder if they are going to allow you to see backstage for this adventure or are they going to keep the theme of it? North Savannah isn't accessible from the KSR ride path without seeing backstage. You definitely can't walk there without dodging Elephants.

The only other location I can think of is if maybe Ituri Forrest isn't used as much as sight lines lead one to believe. I find that hard to fathom though and the only real consideration for this area would be that the release said it would be forrested areas. I can't imagine they would want guest that close to the Black Rhinos. They aren't very friendly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The only other location I can think of is if maybe Ituri Forrest isn't used as much as sight lines lead one to believe. I find that hard to fathom though and the only real consideration for this area would be that the release said it would be forrested areas. I can't imagine they would want guest that close to the Black Rhinos. They aren't very friendly.

Ituri forest is going to be used extensively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom