New DVC Resort Near CSR Planned?

artvandelay

Original Poster
Screamscape is reporting...

New DVC Resort - Rumor - (5/31/10) Is Walt Disney World planning their next big DVC Resort? According to a new rumor sent in, plans may have been drawn up for a new resort project across the street from Disney’s Coronado resort that would feature some kind of California theme to it along with a nice pathway over to Blizzard Beach. More when we find out.

I guess it would be south of CSR, at the end of Western Way.

Grain of salt...

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
At the rate of sale on BLT, I am sure that DVC is looking at a lot of options. I was thinking that a second BLT would be next.

GymLeaderPhil

Across Buena Vista Drive would have it consuming the area that has been discussed in Studios expansion topics, if they ever wanted to cross over World Drive that is.

It makes sense though, especially across from the Studios if they're going for the whole "Hollywood" angle.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
At the rate of sale on BLT, I am sure that DVC is looking at a lot of options. I was thinking that a second BLT would be next.

Is it a great sale rate? Or is it just owners of other resorts using points there. Have to say that both SSR and OKW are being pushed here as discounted resort stays for the general public, makes you winder where all the owners are:shrug:

devoy1701

Across Buena Vista Drive would have it consuming the area that has been discussed in Studios expansion topics, if they ever wanted to cross over World Drive that is.

It makes sense though, especially across from the Studios if they're going for the whole "Hollywood" angle.

I'm not sure what you're saying here...I don't think you're saying that it's been discussed that the studios might expand across World Dr??? I don't see that ever happening. It would have to be a pretty large resort though if it's going to be visible from DHS.

artvandelay

Original Poster
Is it a great sale rate? Or is it just owners of other resorts using points there. Have to say that both SSR and OKW are being pushed here as discounted resort stays for the general public, makes you winder where all the owners are:shrug:

I also own at SSR and have never stayed there. That'll change this August when we have a Treehouse for five nights.

artvandelay

Original Poster

If they do expand Hollywood Studios then this rumored resort could be 'attached' to make it desiriable to stay there. You could walk to the Studios.

devoy1701

If they do expand Hollywood Studios then this rumored resort could be 'attached' to make it desiriable to stay there. You could walk to the Studios.

That could be nice. Maybe a pedestrian bridge over World Dr? Quick walking distance to my favorite park is a plus to me!

Master Gracey 5

I'm sure they have lots of options for new DVC resorts, but if they are looking to potentially go forward with one then this seems to make sense. Some of the largest open areas of land are down by AK and BB, so there would be plenty of room for expansion if its successful.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, they may feel the need to balance out the new value resort being built with a DVC one.....

We were offered onlt BLT and AKL as "home" resorts last week.....

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
We have one for Sep/Oct, which is the only reason Im happy staying at SSR.

We have 7 nights in August at the Treehouses and is the one and only time you will see me happy to drive through the gates of SSR.

I really don't think the world needs yet another DVC resort. They can barely keep the ones they have filled. Last August OKW was a ghost town even though the rest of Disney World was packed. Rooms at SSR, OKW, and sometimes BCV are offered up to cash paying guests using AP discounts.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I don't think you're saying that it's been discussed that the studios might expand across World Dr??? I don't see that ever happening.
Expansion across WD was mooted about 12 years ago instead of in the parking lot.

Blue sky really.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We have 7 nights in August at the Treehouses and is the one and only time you will see me happy to drive through the gates of SSR.

I really don't think the world needs yet another DVC resort. They can barely keep the ones they have filled. Last August OKW was a ghost town even though the rest of Disney World was packed. Rooms at SSR, OKW, and sometimes BCV are offered up to cash paying guests using AP discounts.

Zoe has switched her booking from POFQ to OKW I think it was an extra £80 for the three weeks.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Zoe has switched her booking from POFQ to OKW I think it was an extra £80 for the three weeks.

I had that experience last July. I was able to get a studio at BCV for about $100 more than POFQ. I love POFQ but I love BCV even more. Having the ability to walk into Epcot was well worth the extra $100.

How long does it take to walk using the back entrance/exit from Epcot? Wanted to walk over and check out the boardwalk and BCV with the family.

I had that experience last July. I was able to get a studio at BCV for about $100 more than POFQ. I love POFQ but I love BCV even more. Having the ability to walk into Epcot was well worth the extra $100.

dreamfinder

Staying elsewhere. SSR and OKW really don't have anything special about them. BLT, is on the monorail loop and is brand new. AKV has the animals, that alone is a big seller. WLV, BWV, and BCV are all Deluxe resorts in their own right and have their own perks and pluses. SSR and OKW are set up very differently from the other resorts. Their setup more closely matches that of a moderate resort, not a true deluxe. (Buildings seprated, having to walk outside to your room, etc) If you can stay in a studio at OKW, vs staying lagoon side at BCV, or seeing giraffes outside your room when you wake up at AKV, for most people its a no brainer. Admittedly, SSR now has the treehouses, but that what, a dozen units? Not nearly big enough (or cheap enough on points) to be a big draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom