"Epcot Promenade Stucture" removal

Rob562

Original Poster
OK, folks. Let the rampant speculation begin...

Two filings by WDI with the county today... One was a Space Mountain Graphics Package, no big surprise there.

But the other one might be of some interest: "Epcot Promenade Structure Removal Package".
Hmmmmmm.......

Does anyone keep a list of the "street addresses" within Epcot? It's listed as 1400 Avenue of the Stars. (Cross-referencing that with another filing from last week, 1440 AotS is one of the Innoventions buildings, wherever the IBM exhibit is...)

Normally when I think of "Promenade" I think World Showcase. But with an "address" so close to Innoventions, I'm thinking this is Future World.

Could this be the tarps coming down?
Could this be the demise of the stage? (Though if it were the stage, it probably would have said "stage")

Is there anything else anyone can think of that might be coming down along the "promenade"? Food & Wine Festival is coming up, but usually they're putting things up, not removing them...
If it's World Showcase, maybe it's the beginning of the long-rumored demolition and replacement of the outdoor Cantina in Mexico?

One other point, they used the term "removal", not "demolition", which they usually use when they're taking out something fairly permanent. (Like the "partial demolition" of the Tomorrowland skyway station)

Thoughts?

-Rob

ToEarIsHuman

Well a search on Google Earth shows that its behind Mission Space somewhere. But using your cross-reference of 1440 AotS shows near Test Track. Doesn't seem to be a lot of help, but maybe someone else here can make a connection

GymLeaderPhil

Could be the speaker towers with the gear designs or the structure besides the old entrance to Communicore between the Fountain Stage tech booth and the current MouseGears entrance.

HMF

Two filings by WDI with the county today... One was a Space Mountain Graphics Package, no big surprise there.

But the other one might be of some interest: "Epcot Promenade Structure Removal Package".
Hmmmmmm.......

Does anyone keep a list of the "street addresses" within Epcot? It's listed as 1400 Avenue of the Stars. (Cross-referencing that with another filing from last week, 1440 AotS is one of the Innoventions buildings, wherever the IBM exhibit is...)

Normally when I think of "Promenade" I think World Showcase. But with an "address" so close to Innoventions, I'm thinking this is Future World.

Could this be the demise of the stage? (Though if it were the stage, it probably would have said "stage")

Is there anything else anyone can think of that might be coming down along the "promenade"? Food & Wine Festival is coming up, but usually they're putting things up, not removing them...
If it's World Showcase, maybe it's the beginning of the long-rumored demolition and replacement of the outdoor Cantina in Mexico?

One other point, they used the term "removal", not "demolition", which they usually use when they're taking out something fairly permanent. (Like the "partial demolition" of the Tomorrowland skyway station)

Thoughts?

-Rob
I think there's a 95 percent chance it is the tarps.:sohappy:

raven

I believe 1400 Avenue of the Stars is the address at the entrance to the tunnel. So with that, it could mean anything.

WDWFigment

I believe 1400 Avenue of the Stars is the address at the entrance to the tunnel. So with that, it could mean anything.

What do you mean by the entrance to the tunnel?

I'm hoping it's the tarps, although I wouldn't say there's 95% certainty that is the tarps (unless you have some sort of inside information...)

The Conundrum

Nobody would be happier than me if the tarps were removed (well maybe epcot explorer would be happier)

If they do remove the tarps, the tombstones, and all that other Pressler era mall trash will they ever restore the the ponds? The water element was great.

It could also be the removal of all that ugly crap that they attached infront of the World of motion building when it became Test Track or perhaps that struture on the way to TT where you can stand in it and it throws water on you (very tacky).

Either way I hope its a big project of substance that will help restore Epcot Center.

Thrill Seeker

Hmmmmmm.......

Thoughts?

-Rob

That sounds like the tarps. Maybe the stage too. I'd consider the middle area of Future World a promenade, so that sounds like that is the case, especially since the tarps don't go with the new color scheme of Innoventions.

jt04

Nobody would be happier than me if the tarps were removed (well maybe epcot explorer would be happier)

If they do remove the tarps, the tombstones, and all that other Pressler era mall trash will they ever restore the the ponds? The water element was great.

It could also be the removal of all that ugly crap that they attached infront of the World of motion building when it became Test Track or perhaps that struture on the way to TT where you can stand in it and it throws water on you (very tacky).

Either way I hope its a big project of substance that will help restore Epcot Center.

I agree 100%. Glad you are finally seeing the big picture.

*hell freezes over*

sum41914

What do you mean by the entrance to the tunnel?

I think they mean the tunnel that goes under future world, much like MK, Epcot got a "Tunnel" however its really small and goes from Innoventions East (entrance somewhere behind UoE) to West (Somewhere near the Seas with Nemo). I had Segway training back in 2006, so its a little foggy if this is what they meant, and what I remember now is they took us behind UoE through the tunnel out near the Seas and into Innoventions and then clocked out... not sure what would need to be removed from the tunnel however?

Mark me up for hope of the removal of the Tarps, I want a picture of SSE with the fountain without the tarps, however the tarps are nowhere near as bad the the infamous wand...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom