Kouzzina

KingStefan

Original Poster
Does anybody know whether Kouzzina will be on the DDP? And if they take reservations, and if so, how do you make them - through Disney Dining, or do you have to call the restaurant directly, and if you do what is the number?

fauna

It's my understanding that Kouzzina is a Disney-owned restaurant. I would expect it to be on the DDP and reservations to made thru Disney Dining.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since it is owned by Disney I would say that it would be on the DDP. ADR's will eventually be taken but not until the restaurant has been open for around a month. As a general rule new restaurants will operate as walk up only for a few weeks while the fine tune procedures and accurately calculate capacity.

KingStefan

Original Poster
OK, I just called dining, and to my surprise they are already taking ADRs! AND they do accept DDP!

I'm speculating that with the big crunch that free dining is causing, they are making every effort to get restaurants up and running and on the DDP and reservation system ASAP.

So I have Kouzzina for Aug 27 now! This is great, because I was having real trouble finding anything we really wanted for that day, and we were going to have to settle for the Diamond Horseshoe temporary restaurant setup, which is just exactly the same food as LTT. While the food is pretty good, it's nothing special, and Kouzzina looks like it's going to be outstanding!

I'm SO happy!:sohappy:

I wonder if Cat Cora and the kids and her partner will be making appearances that week for the opening. That would be cool. Of course it's opening Aug 16, so if they were making appearances, it would probably be then, but hey, one can dream!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
OK, I just called dining, and to my surprise they are already taking ADRs! AND they do accept DDP!

I'm speculating that with the big crunch that free dining is causing, they are making every effort to get restaurants up and running and on the DDP and reservation system ASAP.

So I have Kouzzina for Aug 27 now! This is great, because I was having real trouble finding anything we really wanted for that day, and we were going to have to settle for the Diamond Horseshoe temporary restaurant setup, which is just exactly the same food as LTT. While the food is pretty good, it's nothing special, and Kouzzina looks like it's going to be outstanding!

I'm SO happy!:sohappy:
That is quite odd. I can not think of a single new restaurant at WDW that took ADR's right off the bat. Maybe because it was a redo of an existing place they feel like they already have a handle on the capacity.:shrug:

Let me know what you think of it when you get back.

KingStefan

Original Poster
They've been taking ADRs for at least 2 weeks since that's when we made ours for October.

Wow! I've never seen this happen before. Normally it's a month or two AFTER opening that they start taking ADRs.

Also, I wonder what time period they were taking them for two weeks ago? They only announced the Aug opening Aug 4; before that, they were saying "fall 2009".

KingStefan

Original Poster
OK, I just found out that it has been announced on AllEars for some time that Grand Opening was to be Sep 17. Steve is sceptical, because he finds no evidence of this directly from Disney.

But, on other boards, I found people posting that folks who made Spoodles reservations a long time ago were automatically switched over to Kouzzina starting July 23, the day before they started taking ADRs for the general public. Some of them were PRIOR to Sep 17.

So, although it is not clear what happened in the past, Dining is now taking ADRs for Kouzzina anytime starting Aug 15.

aeillill

Wow! I've never seen this happen before. Normally it's a month or two AFTER opening that they start taking ADRs.

Also, I wonder what time period they were taking them for two weeks ago? They only announced the Aug opening Aug 4; before that, they were saying "fall 2009".

Ours are for the 3rd of October

Tommye1078

I would love to ask Cat what food cost she has to have in order to be in line with the DDP. My guess is about 15-20%. Industry standard is 35%.

gaiamother

ADR for Aug 17th

and skeptical about food and service quality this soon into the opening. I was shocked when changing an ADR that Kouzzina was offered to me, as I was going by AllEars date of Sept 17th. We shall see:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom