New Pre-Illuminations Music (Mostly) Revealed!

Which Illuminations: Reflections of Earth pre-show music do you like better?

• I like the music that played through July 3, 2004 better.

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • I like the music that started playing on July 4, 2004 better.

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I like both the same.

Votes: 23 20.9%

• Total voters

luckyeye13

Original Poster
Well, I'm sure that we've all been anxious to get our hands on the new list of music that is played nightly before Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. The time has come! :cool: I followed up my letter to Epcot (since it was sent over a month and a half ago) with an e-mail to WDW Guest Mail and got the following response.

====
Dear Martyn,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We finally tracked this information down and here it is.

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Pre-show Music as of July 4, 2004

Artist/Song Title/Origin

1 Jalan Kopo/Jalan Kopo/Indonesia

2 Track Unknown CD

3 Hevia/Busindre/Spain

4 Hevia/Gaviotes/Spain

5 Cusco/Tula/South America

6 Track Unknown CD

7 Nordic Roots/The Bear/Scandinavia

8 Omar Faruk Tekbilek/Red Skies/Middle East

9 Nordic Roots/Texas/Scandinavia

This was provided by the entertainment manager of Epcot and she really had to do
some searching.

We hope you are having a magical day!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sally Bowen

WDW Online Communications

====
Obviously, I am very grateful for the quick response and was very excited to start scouring Amazon.com for the music.

On the topic of the two unknown tracks, does anyone happen to know what they are? I am almost 100% positive that I have heard track 2 outside of Disney before July 4 (although I do not know the song title or artist) and I know that the artists that Epcot uses for the pre-Illuminations loop tend to be popular with New Age listeners. So basically, I was hoping that maybe someone has encountered those tracks before and could fill us in on the two small gaps (especially since track 2 is one of my favorites in the new list).

Martyn

----
Update: Information for tracks 2 and 6 is available in post 35 on page 3!

BwanaBob

<--- *brings mp3 with old pre-show each time I go to watch Illuminations*

...because the new stuff makes me want to hurl. :mad: :cry:

stuart

At Long Last

At long last!!!! I have finally come across the new music list. Thank you so much luckeyeye13, the list is made better by the fact that there were some really good songs in the July 4th loop that arent on the normal loop. Well now im goin to start trawling the net for the mp3s or just go to amazon and get the CDs.

A possible lead on one of the unknown music is that one of the songs sounds like a song i heard by 'weatherman'. http://www.ambientmusic.co.uk/weatherman.html

thanks again!

xfkirsten

Wow!!! Great job getting ahold of that list!! I'm surprised they went to the trouble to track it down for ya. They always just give me "I don't know" and leave it at that when I ask about music loops at Guest Relations.

askmike1

Firstly, I'd like to say that I loved the old music. Before watching Illuminations, I loved hearing the music and wanting to dance to it (luckily I never did though). That said, I have not heard the new music yet and will hold judgement on it until I hear it. The old Music set the bar high and I will always miss it.

-Michael

stuart

Well you can get all the CDs anyway for a pretty cheap price.

I liked the old music as well and have it all downloaded but i also like the new music. It grows on you the more you hear it. I think ill get some of the CDs as it wont be until next July 2005 that i hear it again. :(

Testtrack321

stuart said:
Well you can get all the CDs anyway for a pretty cheap price.

I liked the old music as well and have it all downloaded but i also like the new music. It grows on you the more you hear it. I think ill get some of the CDs as it wont be until next July 2005 that i hear it again. :(

Yeah, but when you buy off Amizon you don't get instant gratification!

se8472

awsome...this is good news.

I am one of those people that loved the new music the frist time I heard it...old one rocks and so does this one.

luckyeye13

Original Poster
stuart said:
At long last!!!! I have finally come across the new music list. Thank you so much luckeyeye13, the list is made better by the fact that there were some really good songs in the July 4th loop that arent on the normal loop. Well now im goin to start trawling the net for the mp3s or just go to amazon and get the CDs.

A possible lead on one of the unknown music is that one of the songs sounds like a song i heard by 'weatherman'. http://www.ambientmusic.co.uk/weatherman.html

thanks again!

You're welcome. I know that the new music list question has haunted many of us and kept us up on countless nights. (Well, okay, maybe it didn't affect us quite that much, but still it was annoying to not know the music list.) I'd seen Illuminations over 30 times with the old pre-show music, so I obviously noticed the new music very quickly on July 4 and definitely wanted to get a list. As many users of several boards had reported, Epcot only had the old music list available at Guest Relations (They have quite a few lists there, including the Fountain of Nations music!), so I wrote a letter, then sent them an e-mail. I guess being annoying sometimes pays off for me! :lol:

I'm going to follow any leads on the two unknown tracks to see if I can hunt them down. If nothing pans out, then Epcot will hopefully have the list available before I go back down to work at the World in December.

stuart

I find it surprising that they did not know all the songs and artists as you would have thought that there must be a playlist somewhere for the songs. Anyway hope you have some luck tracking down the mystery songs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom