Magic Kingdom closed to ALL guests due to reaching absolute capacity (phase 4)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Steve...How dare you provide irrefutable proof to support your opinion!:rolleyes::lol:

There is no way that I would ever want to be there during a phase 4. That has to some kind of miserable. At least the temperature is mild today. Could you imagine the frayed nerves if it was that packed and 95 degrees out?:eek:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Steve...How dare you provide irrefutable proof to support your opinion!:rolleyes::lol:

LOL well some people doubt opinion even when it's based on some serious facts. Disney have seen this coming for a few weeks now, which is why I made the post about it last week. A lot of people seriously do not give Disney enough credit. They have some hardcore systems in place for predicting these things, and when they think a record attendance is on the cards, you have to take that seriously.

Phase 4 is something we have not seen in recent times. I can't actually even recall a phase 4 since discussion boards have been around?! New Years Eve and July 4 do Phase 1 and 2, but not 4's.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LOL well some people doubt opinion even when it's based on some serious facts. Disney have seen this coming for a few weeks now, which is why I made the post about it last week. A lot of people seriously do not give Disney enough credit. They have some hardcore systems in place for predicting these things, and when they think a record attendance is on the cards, you have to take that seriously.

Phase 4 is something we have not seen in recent times. I can't actually even recall a phase 4 since discussion boards have been around?! New Years Eve and July 4 do Phase 1 and 2, but not 4's.
Did Epcot hit a phase 4 on new years in 1999?

djpoore94

I feel really bad for my friend who is there now (doing a 4/3 Land & Sea). I was worried enough about her since she is 4 months pregnant, but now this! I hope she's doing ok!

SirGoofy

We were phase something on New Years Eve this past year. I don't remember which one, but it was miserable. Guests were literally shoulder to shoulder along the pathways.

It's terrible on those kind of days...not to mention Pirates broke down for a while, pushing our wait time up to 2 hours...:brick:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I feel really bad for my friend who is there now (doing a 4/3 Land & Sea). I was worried enough about her since she is 4 months pregnant, but now this! I hope she's doing ok!

Yeah its going to be rough in there. I think about the times when I've been in there at slightly less than a phase 1 or even an actual phase 1, and it's absolutely jammed. I really struggle to imagine what the absolute phase 4 fullness level is like. Hopefully we'll get some first hand reports. :)

Based on previous experience, guests will be looking at 1.5 to 2 hour plus on all the big stuff, 1 hour waits at counter service, and in excess of an hour to get from one side of the park to the other.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We were phase something on New Years Eve this past year. I don't remember which one, but it was miserable. Guests were literally shoulder to shoulder along the pathways.

It's terrible on those kind of days...not to mention Pirates broke down for a while, pushing our wait time up to 2 hours...:brick:

MK did phase 1 and I believe briefly phase 2 on New Years Eve this past year.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Phase 4.... I`ve been in a 2 back in `93 and that was bad enough. Plus the park had more capacity.

Thankfully they have built a few people eating E Tickets since then and....

oh.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Personally I think that is ludicrous. I understand it may be tough, but you gotta be faster than 1 hour for QS food.

They are gonna be queuing outside the restaurants. I remember a phase 1 MK close last year and they were lined up all the way around Village Haus. 1 hour wait just to get to the counter.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah its going to be rough in there. I think about the times when I've been in there at slightly less than a phase 1 or even an actual phase 1, and it's absolutely jammed. I really struggle to imagine what the absolute phase 4 fullness level is like. Hopefully we'll get some first hand reports. :)

Based on previous experience, guests will be looking at 1.5 to 2 hour plus on all the big stuff, 1 hour waits at counter service, and in excess of an hour to get from one side of the park to the other.

:lol::lol::lol:

You make it sound like a war, Steve!:ROFLOL:

It might as well be...:lookaroun

VT GAL

Yikes!!!!

I don't even want to imagine that kind of chaos!!! I feel for everyone there today...especially the CMs....Wow....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom