Optimist, Pessimist, Realist?

Are you an optimist, pessimist, or realist?

• Total voters

TURKEY

Original Poster

For the Optimists, do you think anything is wrong with the current/future state of the WDW parks?

For the pessimists, do you see anything right with the current/future state of the parks?

For the realists, what do you see?

EpcotServo

For the Optimists, do you think anything is wrong with the current/future state of the WDW parks?

For the pessimists, do you see anything right with the current/future state of the parks?

For the realists, what do you see?

I was speeding by and thought that last one was "Racists" for a second there.
:lol:

I'm none of the above. I'm negative about ALOT of things about Disney, but I've been yelled at numerous times on this board for "apologizing" for everything Disney does, so I'm at a loss.

hokielutz

For the sake of being wishy-washy, I will say that I am an optimistic-realist.

I don't like the fact that it is taking a long time to fix EE, wasn't thrilled with MIncLF, and wished that Disney did not try and stuff their off-seasons with a ton of competitions and events which keeps park attendance at a moderate level during traditional low crowd days.

I do like the rehabs that have been done, for the most part. At least I am seeing progress and hope this continues, but I am not expecting immediate results to become apparent.... they just gotta keep at it.

I will also not got out on a limb and openly blame the top brass of Orlando Ops, but I won't give them quick pats on the back.

EPCOT Explorer

Split...There are a ton of things that are horrible out there, but they have the ability and the responsiblilty to make things better.;)

They have in the past...:wave:

SirGoofy

I don't really know what to vote for. But I have been incredibly hard on Disney throughout, and became even more of a critic when I started working for them.

But I will say this, we maybe beginning to turn the corner. I saw a lot of positives my last trip, and I've been hearing some positive news coming from the inside the past few weeks. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but we may be seeing a lot of great things in the near future.

WDWFigment

I chose "realist - 50/50 split" although right now, I can't say I feel it's really a 50/50 split. More like 30/70 (good/bad). That changes slightly, from day to day, too.

The poll generally looks pretty good, but people are unlikely to choose the most negative option ("the sky is falling"), because it makes one sound foolish.

tirian

Despite the frustration I've voiced in a few threads, I consider myself an optimistic realist.

Yes, there are problems, and yes, we need changes at the executive level; but I wouldn't still be here if I didn't admire the company. :)

EDIT: My answer is based on everything, not just recent decisions.

jedimaster1227

I also consider myself an optimist-realist. The combination is certainly not unheard of.

I look at things at face value, but look at the positives they bring, rather than the negatives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom