Disney Looking To Re-Open Some Clubs at PI For the Holiday Season?

bfbulldog

Original Poster
NOTICE: Just a rumor from Screamscapetake from it what you will. Reopen AC

icon_STOP.gif
Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island News - (10/21/08) According to one source, in the weeks that have followed the closure of Pleasure Island, WDW Management has been made aware of just how dead and silent the middle of Downtown Disney has become. On top of this, we’ve heard rumors that the poor economy has also made several of the 3rd party companies who were set to move in, start to second guess these costly projects. With serious demolition not even planned until sometime in 2009, the rumor leaking from Team Disney is that management is looking into possibly reopening some of the venues for the busy Holiday season. Anyone else heard this?

jt04

NOTICE: Just a rumor from Screamscapetake from it what you will. Reopen AC

icon_STOP.gif
Downtown Disney & Pleasure Island News - (10/21/08) According to one source, in the weeks that have followed the closure of Pleasure Island, WDW Management has been made aware of just how dead and silent the middle of Downtown Disney has become. On top of this, we’ve heard rumors that the poor economy has also made several of the 3rd party companies who were set to move in, start to second guess these costly projects. With serious demolition not even planned until sometime in 2009, the rumor leaking from Team Disney is that management is looking into possibly reopening some of the venues for the busy Holiday season. Anyone else heard this?

If "management" is defined as someone who holds at least 1 share of stock or is a CM than this rumor may be true.

I think the demo has already started inside the venues :shrug:

jedimaster1227

If "management" is defined as someone who holds at least 1 share of stock or is a CM than this rumor may be true.

I think the demo has already started inside the venues :shrug:

In the least, very little has been removed from the Adventurer's Club... :animwink:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ahhh... the east coast version of the very last time to see the MSEP.

Hey Jedi! Any mind tricks to share?

chaggy102

But there are some that haven't been devoed yet...and the Adventurers Club cannot be touched until January as there are private parties scheduled until then. If there is any truth to this rumor at all, and I heard this rumor over the weekend, it would be great and makes it even more important that letters are sent out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
But there are some that haven't been devoed yet...and the Adventurers Club cannot be touched until January as there are private parties scheduled until then. If there is any truth to this rumor at all, and I heard this rumor over the weekend, it would be great and makes it even more important that letters are sent out.

LOl you beat me to it there. ;)
It isn't a rumor, its fact. :)

Missing20K

So if the AC is open for corporate and private parties until January, how does one get on the list for said functions? I'm sort of indifferent, but I figured with all the huge AC fans here, at least one of them would have devised a way to see it one last time.

And along with that thought, if Disney allows corporate and private parties there....

instead of starting threads to re-open the AC, why have no threads been started about how to book a corporate or private party there before they close??

I'm sure Disney has closed bookings for it, but did anyone try to book one last party when they found out it was closing?? I'm sure there would have been enough people to cover the (most likely) high cost for such an event.

I'm not even that big a fan of the place, I was just curious....

markc

With the exception of outside signage, all of the clubs are still in tact as they were on closing night. This is a complete possibility, and i wouldn't discount the re-opening of any of these clubs. I had heard earlier talk of opening Motions and Mannequins for New Years, but that was the extent of what i heard. I would caution anybody on getting ahead of themselves and thinking that the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse have a chance at coming back - it's very unlikely due to the nature of the shows and being able to book cast at the last minute, but the regular bars/clubs will be fairly easy to open at the last minute.

CaptainMichael

With the exception of outside signage, all of the clubs are still in tact as they were on closing night. This is a complete possibility, and i wouldn't discount the re-opening of any of these clubs. I had heard earlier talk of opening Motions and Mannequins for New Years, but that was the extent of what i heard. I would caution anybody on getting ahead of themselves and thinking that the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse have a chance at coming back - it's very unlikely due to the nature of the shows and being able to book cast at the last minute, but the regular bars/clubs will be fairly easy to open at the last minute.

#1 The AC actually is currently in operation. Cast and all.
#2 Enough performers can be rounded up with 2 months notice.

vickyvale

The Ad Club was not scheduled to begin "rehab" until February. Groups wishing to book private events in that space through the end of January have been allowed to do so. If someone is seriously interested in booking a group I am fairly certain it would be allowed - it is pricey now though.

The contact number for Disney Catered Events is 321) 939-7278

pjammer

#1 The AC actually is currently in operation. Cast and all.
#2 Enough performers can be rounded up with 2 months notice.

Typically when you book a venue, entertainment isn't always included. That would be another extra cost, if you so choose. Plus, I've heard some of this cast is going to be working on AI, and rehearsals are scheduled to be underway in Nov/Dec, so unlikely, that all the cast would be performing if someone did choose to book the entertainment with the venue.

I think this would be more of a Motions and Mannequins for New Years thing like a previous poster said.

CaptainMichael

Typically when you book a venue, entertainment isn't always included. That would be another extra cost, if you so choose. Plus, I've heard some of this cast is going to be working on AI, and rehearsals are scheduled to be underway in Nov/Dec, so unlikely, that all the cast would be performing if someone did choose to book the entertainment with the venue.

I think this would be more of a Motions and Mannequins for New Years thing like a previous poster said.

Only 1 is going to Idol. If Disney wants it to happen, it will happen.

markc

Only 1 is going to Idol. If Disney wants it to happen, it will happen.

2 are going to Idol - and the most of the cast has actively auditioned for Disney roles outside of Florida. The cast is not as accessible as you think it is, nor does Disney want them to be. Beyond the NFFC meeting at the Adventurer's Club, the cast has not performed past that and we should consider themselves disbanded at this point.

pjammer

2 are going to Idol - and the most of the cast has actively auditioned for Disney roles outside of Florida. The cast is not as accessible as you think it is, nor does Disney want them to be. Beyond the NFFC meeting at the Adventurer's Club, the cast has not performed past that and we should consider themselves disbanded at this point.

Sad thing is...the AC Fans will never realize this. Nor do they want to except.

chaggy1202 said:
Plus Idol doesn't take place at night...and for something like this I'm sure they would do both.

But it does take place from 9/10 when the Cm would come in, til park close...most likely 8PM. Meaning to run the AC with those CMs means paying overtime...which at their rate, I doubt the company would do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom