Have a Kungaloosh Again! Saturday 10/18

SGT623

Original Poster
For the drinkers out there:
Although the doors are still closed, Pleasure Island will be serving the Adventurers Club's famed frozen drink the Kungaloosh! today (10/18/08) across the Street from the Club at the Laffers Bar for one day only. (Yes, a few of the outside bars on P.I. are still open!) If it sells well, then who knows?¿? Ex club bartender "Jungle Juice" George will be bartending so tip well or he may pull the plug on the machine himself! :) Get there early before they sell out!

KUNGALOOSH!!!!
ºoº

SGT623

Original Poster
Just a quick update for those in the area. The bar is now open and the Kungalooshes are flowing....and no it's not old stock =-P Made fresh today. =-) KUNGALOOSH!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just a quick update for those in the area. The bar is now open and the Kungalooshes are flowing....and no it's not old stock =-P Made fresh today. =-) KUNGALOOSH!

Oh course you could just make your own...

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Blend

WDWFigment

Wish I were in the area. By the way, thanks for the Kungaloosh recipe--I don't know how I hadn't seen it before now, but I hadn't. We will definitely make those for a party sometime!

Master Gracey

Darn it SGT623 you beat me to it! Hopefully it gets enough support to be added back to Pleasure Islands new, and unfortunately limited drink menu. Who know, if the drink is brought back, hopefully the Adventurers Club will follow suit.

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
progress.gif

SGT623

Original Poster
HEY you forgot a key ingredient! How about a 151 floater! :)

I'm on my way! It will be nice to have another on the Island. Hope to see a few friends there that I don't see much with the club closed...unless Black Ship Sky is playing somewhere.

>->

<-<

Rob562

Oh course you could just make your own...

1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy

Blend

You left off the step to blend with ice to make it slushy. (One of my friends has one of those Margaritaville automatic frozen drink machines that crushes the ice and blends the drinks automatically. I've been wanting to try this out to see how well the machine does with it)

And for those who are old-school AC, here's the *original* Kungaloosh:
(The drink was changed from a liquid drink to a frozen drink about 8 years ago)

1 1/4 ounce Vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori/Melon liqueur
2 tablespoons Pineapple Juice
1 splash Cranberry Juice

Mix well.

-Rob

daguru

I personally liked the the "new" Kungaloosh on the rocks, instead of frozen... We went one night and the freezing machine was not working, so they were serving the mix on the rocks.... had more Kungalooshes that night than ever!

Phonedave

I personally liked the the "new" Kungaloosh on the rocks, instead of frozen... We went one night and the freezing machine was not working, so they were serving the mix on the rocks.... had more Kungalooshes that night than ever!

I prefer the jungle juice version myself as well. I am not a big frozen drink fan.

I also like the "new" version, Midori is not my favorite drink

-dave

Since1976

Jeff from Houston of the Meandering Mouse podcast made a Kungaloosh "live" on his show a couple of years back (Sat, 22 July 2006, Episode 27). According to him, he was able to order one at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it was red instead of green. After trying both out, he decided that the AKL version was better.

Check out the show. It's a fun listen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom