Skyway??

jborda87

Original Poster
I have been hearing alot of things about a Skyway that was in Magic Kingdom? What was it exactly and where was it located?

JBSLJames

Used to have one of those at PKI called the skyride. It went from Oktoberfest to Hanna Barbara Land. It was taken out over 10 years ago. Too many maintenance issues. It was fun though to see the park from that height.

Erika - know of any beagle puppies?

Tramp

Originally posted by Erika
The Skyway went from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. The best way to explain it is to show you a picture-

It was hard to do, but we tried to time the ride on the Skyway to coincide with the fireworks. We use to get within a few minutes of boarding and then let people go ahead of us by saying we were waiting for other people in line. We were successful several times and it was awesome being on the ride during the show.

I really miss it.:(

dae_woods

The real question now should be what are they going to do with the old buildings, or at least the space where the buildings sit? I know tomorrowland has a gift shop and stage around that station but what about fantasyland?

figmentmom

I really miss the skyway, too. I took some pictures of the park while riding it the last summer it was in operation (not knowing it would be my last opportunity), and they're some of the best pictures I have.

sissa216

I don't think they're doing anything with them in the near future..I don't know if the accident from right before they closed it down has been resolved yet.
The buckets are still in the tomorrowland station, and the one the CM fell from is taped off in the corner, so it seems they're still probably researching that.

BeachClubVillas

I really miss it too. It's too bad a few immature people throwing things out of the cars and spitting at the people below them had to ruin a great ride for the rest of us.

TheDisneyGirl02

I heard somewhere that they are planning on using Skyway for stroller rentals. I'm not sure where I heard that. There's a lot of room up there, so that might not be too bad of an idea.

I know for a while, characters used to make appearances there. I worked with both Dopey and Snow White there on many occations!

TheDisneyGirl02 :)

ZHoyt

I always hated the skyway. They had a pretty much exact replica at the local theme park here, and anything that reminded me of that crappy park was a bad reminder that the outside world existed while i was at wdw.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TheDisneyGirl02: There is a rumour during the IASW rehab they will swap the queues round, and use the Fantsayland station for stroller parking for those on IASW, thus freeing up smoe space outside (bottleneck hell!)

Does anyone remember flashing red and green lights on top of the MK skyway, or am I imagining things?

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by marni1971
TheDisneyGirl02: There is a rumour during the IASW rehab they will swap the queues round, and use the Fantsayland station for stroller parking for those on IASW, thus freeing up smoe space outside (bottleneck hell!)

Does anyone remember flashing red and green lights on top of the MK skyway, or am I imagining things?

That was probably it! I knew I heard about stollers from somewhere! And I did hear about IASW queues...just not putting it all together today! LOL

TheDisneyGirl02

Since1976

It's funny how you really don't appreciate how cool something was until it's gone.

I am glad to have some video of my last Skyway ride in the early 90s. It's strange to think that guests will never get to see the park from that vantage point again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom