Character Dining changes coming

drew81

Original Poster
A few tidbits
-Starting in October 2008 Garden Grill at Epcot will only have a character dinner. Lunch will no longer be available.
-Starting in January 2009 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner will no longer be a character dining experience.

Nemo14

A few tidbits
-Starting in October 2008 Garden Grill at Epcot will only have a character dinner. Lunch will no longer be available.
-Starting in January 2009 Liberty Tree Tavern dinner will no longer be a character dining experience.

That's surprising....

kcw

A few tidbits

WHAT?! I know you're usually reliable bud, but why would they do this?? That place is always booked and it's one of the best character dining meals they have on property (well, IMO of course...:) Would they be making characters to a different meal/restaurant to make up for it???

maryszhi

wow, all this time i thought they would never take any away, but instead adding them. i must say disney seriously needs to reconsider, i mean these places are always packed, and when you think about it, it is hard getting any character meal. i hope disney changes its mind, and instead of pulling two away, they add more!!!!!!!!!

NWDMD

Wow. I just booked this last night but for late Dec 2008. I guess from Jan 2009 and on I will cross this one off my list. I guess I'll be seeing a lot more Crystal Palace and/or Chef Mickey from here on out.

mickeymouse090

I can't believe this...I was going to eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern on my next trip, it would have been the first time, but now I will seriously be considering eating some where else. Probably the Crystal Palace again because Chef Mickey's is already on our list. I'm very disappointed if this is true!! :shrug:

RiversideBunny

A few tidbits

The Garden Grill used to be one of our favorite places for breakfast.
Then they stopped having breakfast there.
Now they are discontinuing lunch.

That makes no sense and almost makes me angry. The LTT character dinner was so perfect. Perfect setting. Characters in colonial dress.
Intimate feel. Nice decor.

:mad:

WDWFigment

What's your source for this, please?

Check his post history. To put it bluntly, he's 'never been wrong'. I believe it's first hand knowledge.

--I, too, am surprised that LTT is going character-free for dinner. Isn't it one of the harder to book character meals (although it's at MK, so I guess that doesn't say a ton...).

mickeysaver

Wow, I can't believe that LTT is going to stop being a character dining spot. That's just :brick:

While I have been wondering if I really wanted to keep our LTT ressie before MVMCP, now I know that I am blessed to be able to do this at least once before it's gone. We have gone to WDW so many time and never chose to do it.

mousefan1972

Wow. I just booked this last night but for late Dec 2008. I guess from Jan 2009 and on I will cross this one off my list. I guess I'll be seeing a lot more Crystal Palace and/or Chef Mickey from here on out.

We just booked LTT dinner for Christmas Eve. We've eaten there 3 previous times and have loved it.

I'll be so bummed if this is true...... :(

happymom52003

A few tidbits

Do you mean lunch is going away all together, or will lunch still be offered but as a non-character meal? Just wondering becasue I have a lunch ADR there for October.

I'd hate to change the ADR until this has been confirmed, but at the same time I don't want to be stuck without an adr for lunch that day, and even if they are still going to offer lunch without the characters, I'd much rather eat somewhere else.

Has Disney ever done this before? I mean have they ever discontinued a meal less than 180 days out? I could understand them making an announcement that a meal is being discontinued more than 180 days out. But alot of people already have adrs for lunch at Garden Grill for October, November, and December.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I have to say I'm happy at this news. Not that there is anything wrong with character meals, but we no longer do them...and LTT was one of our favorite MK restaurants.....we would go for a late lunch to get the menu items without "friends" stopping by. When this goes into effect, hopefully they will revert to the menu dinner instead of buffet.

brkgnews

It'd be nice if they would open it up to a "standard" lunch so it would be easier to dine there without ADRs.

Meh. Doesn't really kill me, as I always eat there for lunch. I'm sure there are some people though that really enjoyed it.

Simba One

Check his post history. To put it bluntly, he's 'never been wrong'. I believe it's first hand knowledge.

Not trying to question the veracity of the statement, but it was just kind of strange to hear that from out of the blue without any other plans. I can tell you that almost every client I book at WDW asks about LTT as one of their ADR choices. It's a very popular character meal, and if it's not going to be a character meal anymore I would assume there's more to the story. Something else in the works?

awilliams4

Wonderful news, MK needs more non-buffet choices. The only nice sitdown non-buffet they have now is Tony's. The Plaza is closer to Counter Service.

EDIT:

After seeing the the Food and Price will stay the same.......I now am of the opinion that this is not a good move. Party of (4) here, I can't see spending $150, they need to change the menu as well or just leave it as is with the characters.

mypalStitch

Wasn't there a rumor somewhere a little while ago about LTT going to Pixar characters or a boy themed character meal or something like that?? Maybe I am remembering wrong? :shrug:

happymom52003

I am very disappointed in this news because we HATE character meal buffets because we have to get up and down to get food for our kids, and my husband and I always end up missing a character. The non-buffet character meals are much more enjoyable and relaxing for us for for this reason.

LTT and Garden Grill were our favorite character meals since they are not buffets. I will be really bummed if this news is true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom