What did you think of Toy Story Mania (during previews)?

What did you think of Toy Story Mania (during previews)?

• Excellent

Votes: 120 75.9%
  • Good

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Average

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Poor

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

ISTCrew20

Absolutely loved it! A lot more than I thought I would.

Question though...There was a whole article about how the movie voice actor for Potato Head provided the voice for the AA. I found it really interesting when Potato Head would talk to the crowd, and say specific things about the people in front of him ("Sir, why are you wearing your backpack on your front? It's called a backpack"). So if there is a voice actor providing the lines, why the big stink about the use of the original voice actor?

And where is he controlled from? My friend and I had a few theories about the mirrors above him...

CTXRover

Question though...There was a whole article about how the movie voice actor for Potato Head provided the voice for the AA. I found it really interesting when Potato Head would talk to the crowd, and say specific things about the people in front of him ("Sir, why are you wearing your backpack on your front? It's called a backpack"). So if there is a voice actor providing the lines, why the big stink about the use of the original voice actor?

And where is he controlled from? My friend and I had a few theories about the mirrors above him...

Don Rickles recorded a huge variety of one-liners and sayings that are controlled by a CM somewhere. When they see someone in the queue that fits a particular line, they can control Mr. PH to say that.

mousermerf

Account Suspended

Most guests are relatively predictable.

EpcotServo

I wonder why two people choose "poor" without giving a review.

Maybe it was "Poor" because they were just sitting at home, and haven't even gone near it.
:lol:

rainfully

I wonder why two people choose "poor" without giving a review.

Maybe it was "Poor" because they were just sitting at home, and haven't even gone near it.
:lol:

Or they saw an on-ride video which of course does not do it justice. :animwink:

I couldn't really hear Mr. Potato Head very well... but the whole deal where he PULLS HIS EAR OUT was AWESOME!!! :sohappy:

Gorjus

great ride with lots of twists and turns and quick spins
great games with a lot of different targets
instead of thumb on a trgger like buzz it is pulling a rope
just when hand is getting tired the game stops

great fun

kap91

I believe, judging from the blueprints that were leaked, along with some other info that the control room is somewhere on the North side of the building (Don't remember exactly where) by the exit area.

JEANYLASER

This ride is excellent! I love it! a Perfect 10! Toy Story Mania will be awesome! I can't wait go to the grand Opening of Toy Story Mania!

landauh

Rode it today (five times) and it was great. First vehicle I was in the guns did not work. Also one of the screens was blank and not working. Third trip one screen was out of focus and each time I rode, engineers were riding and/or working on various parts of the attraction. This might be the reason for the two poor votes.

Now, the queue is fantastic. Will keep guests engrossed duringthe long wait times that should happen when it opens. For those of us really "old" folks, there are many memories that will be activitated in that queue.

The ride is very smooth and the seats are very comfortable. You can actually see the track changing when it needs to send vehicles in a different path.

The guns work great and are a lot better on the hands then Buzz as well as being easier to aim.

It will be a hit will adults that are young at heart and the little ones. Not sure about teenagers other than being in a video game and trying for the highest score (which was 281,000+ when I rode today).

Also found two hidden mickeys.

StrikerObi

I'm a Florida Resident, and I'll be going down to WDW for Mother's Day Weekend, which also happens to be the Passholder Preview weekend for Toy Story Mania. I was originally going to buy the Play 3 Day Pass, but I started thinking that I should just buy a FL Resident Seasonal Pass. I'll probably be back a WDW within a year (almost certainly) and it's less than $100 more than the Play 3 Day Pass (with park-hopper option). I used to have a Seasonal pass a few years ago, and I can't remember if Seasonal Pass holders are eligible for Passholder Previews of rides. It would be the icing on the cake of my visit if I could get a ride on Toy Story Mania. Do Seasonal passes qualify for the preview?

havoc

peak on sunday was about 110 min and that happened about an hour after it re-opened.

first time I went through at about 1pm we made it an hour into the queue... then they shut it down (we had about 30 min left to go)

ride is awesome, and I am so glad they have single rider

I'm a Florida Resident, and I'll be going down to WDW for Mother's Day Weekend, which also happens to be the Passholder Preview weekend for Toy Story Mania. I was originally going to buy the Play 3 Day Pass, but I started thinking that I should just buy a FL Resident Seasonal Pass. I'll probably be back a WDW within a year (almost certainly) and it's less than $100 more than the Play 3 Day Pass (with park-hopper option). I used to have a Seasonal pass a few years ago, and I can't remember if Seasonal Pass holders are eligible for Passholder Previews of rides. It would be the icing on the cake of my visit if I could get a ride on Toy Story Mania. Do Seasonal passes qualify for the preview?

Yes, a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass is a form of annual pass. It is accepted at all Passholder Preview Events. I say this with personal knowledge, for I have held both a Florida Resident Seasonal and Annual, and both are covered under the “passholder” umbrella. Basically, anything that goes inside one of the little “Passholder” booklets is valid for Passholder Events.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom