Disney parks to break attendance records for 2007

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
According to local Orlando news, Disney are onto a record year.
http://www.local6.com/news/14156738/detail.html

Spending big is also getting some recognition, which is great to see.

"Disney CEO Rober Iger said new attractions, including the Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park , have helped with this year's bottom line."

Excellent news! Hopefully the current refurb trend will continue in both abundance and quality. The Magic Kingdom is slowly reshaping to it’s proper show quality. Seeing as though Everest is quoted as a major factor in the current attendance boost, let’s hope Iger will be willing to approve more well-themed and funded e-attractions!:D

Capt. Salty

Nice to see that they're realizing they have to spend $ in order to make $. Hope the refurbs and new attractions continue. We went 2x this yr and are planning on 2 trips next yr.
A healthy bottom line is good :animwink:
Thanks for the info Steve.

wannab@dis

The company said attendance numbers this year will likely surpass its record-breaking 2006 totals that were given a boost as the parks celebrated Disneyland's 50th birthday.

It appears the YoaMD haters will have to change their rants! :lol: Not only is YoaMD successful, but it's "likely" to be MORE successful than HCOE.

beachclubfan

It seems like every year we hear the same thing. It is impressive to keep breaking attendance records and I like the fact that are putting more money into the parks

coasterphil

It appears the YoaMD haters will have to change their rants! :lol: Not only is YoaMD successful, but it's "likely" to be MORE successful than HCOE.

There is no way to tell if attendance can be directly attributed to the ad campaign, so they won't have to change anything.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Seriously.

If Disney attributed the rise in attendance to the YOMDs, they would have said so.

No - instead, they attribute it to new attractions. Not the YOMDs.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
You have never been surveyed? I sure have

If the surveys had reflected that, they would have said so.

Instead I answered a survey yesterday about why i went to MK with "to see a specific or new show or attraction" which was option #2 on the answer list. I went to see HM. Many people said they went to see Everest when at AK.

I seriously doubt many people said, "I came to experience the YOMDs" and thus.. lookie.. they dont mention it.

ImaYoyo

Source Codes. Any major company that advertises as much as Disney has them. Different commercials have different phone numbers to call. Magazine adds, billboards, they all have different numbers. Each number automatically registers a source code, which shows the "Source" of the phone call or internet visit. It's a great way to tell how a certain add or campaign is doing.

Timmay

If the surveys had reflected that, they would have said so.

Instead I answered a survey yesterday about why i went to MK with "to see a specific or new show or attraction" which was option #2 on the answer list. I went to see HM. Many people said they went to see Everest when at AK.

I seriously doubt many people said, "I came to experience the YOMDs" and thus.. lookie.. they dont mention it.

I never, ever said the reason for rise in attendance was YOMD.

Someone said there was no way to tell if YOMD was responsible for the rise...I responded by saying there was in fact a way to determine that. :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Source Codes. Any major company that advertises as much as Disney has them. Different commercials have different phone numbers to call. Magazine adds, billboards, they all have different numbers. Each number automatically registers a source code, which shows the "Source" of the phone call or internet visit. It's a great way to tell how a certain add or campaign is doing.

And the vast majority still call the standard number and still read mouesavers...

So, while the deals and such provided via YOMDs may be getting phone calls, they are certainly not the bulk. Compared to say Magical Gatherings, which did disgustingly well (I hate the concept).

ImaYoyo

And the vast majority still call the standard number and still read mouesavers...

So, while the deals and such provided via YOMDs may be getting phone calls, they are certainly not the bulk. Compared to say Magical Gatherings, which did disgustingly well (I hate the concept).
Oh most certainly, and source codes are not used in that capacity. They're used to compare 3 things:
1.) which medium performs better (radio vs tv; elle bride vs modern bride, ect)
2.) which region drives more results (texas vs mid-west, ect)
3.) which promotions spark more interest (YOMD vs Free Dining vs Special Events [MNSCHP, MVMCP, ect].

I can tell you from the 2 days I sat in on calls at the DRC, I heard so many people say "yeah, I want that 1600 dollar million dreams package".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom