• a travesty that ruined the ride

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
I did find one earlier poll on this subject but the only two options were Great and Ehhh. So...in light of the recent discussion here -

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=158027&page=1

I thought that I would post a new poll with a few more options since people who have recently seen the attraction with the changes for the first time seem to have strong opinions. Also, much of the debate seems to center on whether or not people are generally pleased or displeased with the changes.

maggiegrace1

I saw it last week..and I think it is great..The waterfall effect was awesome..and the last scene with Johnny Depp was Amazing..I think it was great and it still is the "old" Pirates..just a few new great additions..:)

LuLaSue

Argee

I saw it last week..and I think it is great..The waterfall effect was awesome..and the last scene with Johnny Depp was Amazing..I think it was great and it still is the "old" Pirates..just a few new great additions..:)

Dana- I agree with you totally. They did a fine job with additions without taking away the fantastic feeling of nostalgia for the attraction. :wave:

Susan

PurpleDragon

All I can say is LOL!! 11 people have already voted at this point and all of them have been on the positive side for the most part. But yet according to head_mouse, those of us who don't mind the changes are in the minority and almost all the WDW fans are appauled by the changes. :p

cmatt

All I can say is LOL!! 11 people have already voted at this point and all of them have been on the positive side for the most part. But yet according to head_mouse, those of us who don't mind the changes are in the minority and almost all the WDW fans are appauled by the changes. :p

:lol: just as i am 89.563% awesome :cool:

DisneyYorkian74

The ride is still basically exactly the same.

My dad who is 58 years old went on both the new & old versions and the first thing he said when he got off the new version was that it was still "Boring."

He had heard all the media hype about how they "changed" the ride and he was disappointed that it was basically the same thing.

I think Disney did improve the ride with the new special effects; but if you didn't like the ride before the refurb, your opinion of it probably won't change much.

WDWFigment

I think the changes are great. The ride looks fresh again and the characters from the movie have been inserted into the ride subtley. It isn't branded with a bunch of advertising.

Don't even get me started on the amazing details of the characters they added!

hokielutz

Thanks ASJ for the poll that followed up my call for one in the other thread. So we'll wait to see what more people say on their feelings of the ride changes.

k.hunter30

I haven't yet been on POTC since they changed some stuff (2003). At least, i don't remember anything with Johnny Depp... I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised.

goofyfan13

Yea, it's early, but wheres that overwhelming majority of Disney fans against the changes that a certain someone claimed in the other thread? :eek:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yea, it's early, but wheres that overwhelming majority of Disney fans against the changes that a certain someone claimed in the other thread? :eek:

Early, but not that early. If this was an actual political race, CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, and MSNBC would have all called this thing.

PurpleDragon

What most of you don't understand is that it is not a minority of people that are upset with said changes. it is the majority of Disney fans. Yes ther are a few hundred of people like you that say "Change is good, we all need change. Blah blah blah" but for there are THOUSANDS that feel that changing everything is not a good idea.

You will not win this argument, there are too many web boards and too many threads/post to back up my answer.

ROFL!!!:ROFLOL:

So as of this time... the overall approval of the changes is up to 87.23% out of 47 votes.

All I can say is.....................PWNED!!!!!:lol:

WDWFigment

Nearly 90% approve. That really sends a strong message that they did well with this refurbishment.

In fact, I dare say this is the most well-regarded rehab in the last five years. Am I overlooking anything?

hokielutz

Nearly 90% approve. That really sends a strong message that they did well with this refurbishment.

In fact, I dare say this is the most well-regarded rehab in the last five years. Am I overlooking anything?

Actually it is 90.01639334426 % approve with 67 total votes. Can it go higher?? I think some votes for the disapproval side will be coming in this evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom