• Bring back some attractions (including minors), change the rest

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Replace

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • Continue as the Festival Center

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Any ideas? This has probably been already created, but an updated thread would be nice.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Ransom

I think there's still a place for a life sciences themed pavilion, but as much as I enjoyed the original attractions, I'd start over with new ideas. The pavilion itself can stay if it's in as good a shape as it seems to be.

Krack

I've said this before, but if it were up to me, I'd retheme the entirety of the pavilion to appear like you're inside a human body; very much like the heart in the Franklin Institute:

heart_old3.jpg

Lots of kinetic blood moving through tubes, electrical impulses moving through out the ceiling, a very low steady heartbeat, exhibits all over the place explaining body functions (not unlike the old hands on exhibits), and a food court in the "stomach". Leave an updated Cranium Command in the "brain" as the headliner and you've got yourself place people would want to visit.

/Bathrooms would, of course, be found in the bladder.
//And a Meet & Greet with Stitch in the colon.

Penelope

I would definetly change it to a weather themed pavillion, i think weather is a big part to a trip to Walt Disney World!

That would be a neat pavilion. Lots of potential for large a storm-related ride as well as for the minor parts of the pavilion.

I voted on this poll to retain Cranium Command - refurbished and enhanced - but to revamp the rest. I still think a WofL pavilion is a good theme and wish that it would return. Perhaps sponsorship is an issue on letting WofL go, for lack of a better term?

That would be a neat pavilion. Lots of potential for large a storm-related ride as well as for the minor parts of the pavilion.

I voted on this poll to retain Cranium Command - refurbished and enhanced - but to revamp the rest. I still think a WofL pavilion is a good theme and wish that it would return. Perhaps sponsorship is an issue on letting WofL go, for lack of a better term?

yeah i think sponsorship is a big reason why its gone to waste nowadays

CaptainJackNO

I think there's still a place for a life sciences themed pavilion, but as much as I enjoyed the original attractions, I'd start over with new ideas. The pavilion itself can stay if it's in as good a shape as it seems to be.

I agree. Plus, people are far more health conscious and curious now than ever before in recent history. If they reopened WOL with new attractions and refurbed Cranium Command AND Body Wars, this place would be a HUGE part of Future World, again. That is a massive waste of space and potential using it as a "festival center."

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd still go with a weather pavillion with Storm Rider or something along the lines..Out here in Chicago at the Museum of Science & Industry they opened a new exhibit called Science Storms and it's pretty impressive..I think Disney should do something like this and add a Indoor tornado as their centerpiece of the pavillion...
P1100391-1.jpg

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I am (amazingly) totally not against the weather pavilion! :)

I'm thinking "Stormstruck" from Innoventions could be moved over to the Making of Me theater.

- WondersOfLife

CaptainJackNO

I'd still go with a weather pavillion with Storm Rider or something along the lines..Out here in Chicago at the Museum of Science & Industry they opened a new exhibit called Science Storms and it's pretty impressive..I think Disney should do something like this and add a Indoor tornado as their centerpiece of the pavillion...
P1100391-1.jpg

My question to this is, does USF still have Twister! Ride it Out!? If they do, would DIsney view this as too close to a Universal attraction?

I think it is a great idea. They could have Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes...the possibilities are endless.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
My question to this is, does USF still have Twister! Ride it Out!? If they do, would DIsney view this as too close to a Universal attraction?

I think it is a great idea. They could have Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes...the possibilities are endless.

OMG I LOOOOVE THAT RIDE...ATTRACTION...SHOW....WHATEVER :D

Tho StormStruck and a new simulator ride with weather would be nice.

- WondersOfLife

Cmdr_Crimson

Weather pavilion needs one of these... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwIvYwJXObc

Actually Science & Industry also has one of these..But a smaller scale called "Earth Revealed" and was up to date on actual satellight imagery. It would be great to see this.
Earth_Revealed.jpg

This is more of a stable tornado and to understand the scientific side of it rather than the Wrath of one..So there's a difference to it..
Here's a video of what the exhibit looks like..
[youtube]O3RvQakexCI[/youtube]

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think they should add a Horizons type ride based on Global awareness with a better ominax and apeal to the audience. Global Awareness today is like the making of the internet in the 80's. I think epcot could get alot of use out of that theme for a while. I also like Crimsons idea.

Krack

I think they should add a Horizons type ride based on Global awareness with a better ominax and apeal to the audience. Global Awareness today is like the making of the internet in the 80's. I think epcot could get alot of use out of that theme for a while. I also like Crimsons idea.

Global awareness? What is it that we are unaware of regarding the globe?

hammysammy59

I could see this going either way, and I'd dig either incarnation.

If they stuck with a life science theme, I think focusing on various laser and computer assisted surgeries, nanotechnology and other futuristic forms of medicine would be the way to do it. I feel like this would lend itself REALLY well to sponsors.

If they go with the weather theme, focusing on global climate change and the steps we can take to prevent/correct it seems like a no-brainer. Al Gore animatronic optional. Any energy company that wants a green image would be crazy to pass this up.

RedFurredCadet

Although I kind of like the addition of either the Weather or Global Communities pavilions, I think I am more sided on restoring or refurbing the WofL pavilion. I have found a set of suggestions from a thread I had found earlier, but it's a case of 'love it or leave it' here:

I've been thinking that even though I love WoL to death (and life!), it could use a spruce-up, so here's what I have so far.

Body Wars: Given a rehab like the one talked about with Star Tours, with multiple destinations, like the current Splinter, the Heart, the Brain, and the Stomach.

Cranium Command: I'm still unsure of this one. I could just fix up the current film, or go in a new direction where Buzzy has to make some pretty risky decisions, like with drugs and food choices. Either way, more in-theater effects.

The Making of Me: Pretty much kept as-is. Can't think of anything to do with it.

Frontiers of Medicine: Expanded, with a new area, with more below.

Sensory Funhouse: Kept as-is. I still see little kids enjoying this one.

Well and Goods and Good n' Healthy (Pure and Simple): Brought back, with expanded menu options for GnH, and ESPN merchandise for WaG.

Sportstravaganza! Presented by ESPN: Coach's Corner returns, with a brand new attitude. People can get batting lessons from the Hall of Famer of their choice: Wade Boggs (one even Yankee and Red Sox fans can agree on), Gary Carter (just 'cause he's so cool), Paul Molitor, Ryne Sandberg, Eddie Murray, or Ozzie Smith. The exercise bikes return.

LifeForum: The expansion to Frontiers of Medicine, where there are live discussions and lectures on important life issues, such as cloning, abortions, childhood obesity, and stem-cell research. People may just leave with a new view on things.

Throughout the walls in WoL, TV screens will occasionally play advertisements for attractions located in the pavillion, starring the characters from Cranium Command. As I come up with ideas for the ads, I will post them here.

I could consider some potential additions. Perhaps a medical technology showroom, while mirroring the tech. showcase in Innoventions or Communicore, even, it would mostly focus on the up-to-date aspects of medical technology. It could be the next extension for the Frontiers in Medicine exhibit. For example:
If they stuck with a life science theme, I think focusing on various laser and computer assisted surgeries, nanotechnology and other futuristic forms of medicine would be the way to do it. I feel like this would lend itself REALLY well to sponsors.
And to put it in a hands-on exhibit styled way:
They could do so much with this...exhibits with fake CTs that kids can walk in front of and see their internal organs...fake x-ray machines...BP machines...I can see the 7 year olds lining up to get their blood pressures read ;)

For a specific example, let's take Cranium Command. My suggestion would be update the footage and even consider adding two or three more different scenarios focusing on different people. Think about it, every few sessions, one session would be rotated to another. On the subject, perhaps a gender jump won't hurt?
You could almost have two - one male & one female. One showing would be male, the next female. It would be a good way to invite repeat visitors.

I bet it wouldn't be all that expensive. You could have some subtle differences between the two, but the shows would probably be largely the same. The biggest problem would be swapping out the AA, but I expect that they could automate that somehow.

I could go into explaining into detail, but I guess I'll keep my muzzle shut and see how many people would raise their hands and like this.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Nobody ever mentioned the delicious "Wonder Waffles"... :(

- WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Yeah, I agree with Krack...I wouldn't want a new idea, I would rather have them take the same concept of WoL and try again.

unfortunately we're ruled out on the poll. o.o

- WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom