1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Guest, get your FREE copy of the latest official Disney Cruise Line planning DVD. Click the banner below to get started.

What to replace WoL with?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by WondersOfLife, Jun 18, 2011.

?

What to do with WoL?

1. Re-open it in it's original form

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  2. Keep the major attractions, change the rest

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Bring back Cranium Command, change the rest

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Bring back Body Wars, change the rest

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Bring back some attractions (including minors), change the rest

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. Replace

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  7. Continue as the Festival Center

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife Well-Known Member

Any ideas? This has probably been already created, but an updated thread would be nice.

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

2. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I think there's still a place for a life sciences themed pavilion, but as much as I enjoyed the original attractions, I'd start over with new ideas. The pavilion itself can stay if it's in as good a shape as it seems to be.

3. Krack

Krack Active Member

I've said this before, but if it were up to me, I'd retheme the entirety of the pavilion to appear like you're inside a human body; very much like the heart in the Franklin Institute:

[​IMG]

Lots of kinetic blood moving through tubes, electrical impulses moving through out the ceiling, a very low steady heartbeat, exhibits all over the place explaining body functions (not unlike the old hands on exhibits), and a food court in the "stomach". Leave an updated Cranium Command in the "brain" as the headliner and you've got yourself place people would want to visit.

/Bathrooms would, of course, be found in the bladder.
    //And a Meet & Greet with Stitch in the colon.

4. FutureCastMembe

FutureCastMembe Member

I would definetly change it to a weather themed pavillion, i think weather is a big part to a trip to Walt Disney World!

5. Penelope

Penelope Member

That would be a neat pavilion. Lots of potential for large a storm-related ride as well as for the minor parts of the pavilion.

I voted on this poll to retain Cranium Command - refurbished and enhanced - but to revamp the rest. I still think a WofL pavilion is a good theme and wish that it would return. Perhaps sponsorship is an issue on letting WofL go, for lack of a better term?

6. FutureCastMembe

FutureCastMembe Member

yeah i think sponsorship is a big reason why its gone to waste nowadays

7. CaptainJackNO

CaptainJackNO Active Member

I agree. Plus, people are far more health conscious and curious now than ever before in recent history. If they reopened WOL with new attractions and refurbed Cranium Command AND Body Wars, this place would be a HUGE part of Future World, again. That is a massive waste of space and potential using it as a "festival center."

8. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

I'd still go with a weather pavillion with Storm Rider or something along the lines..Out here in Chicago at the Museum of Science & Industry they opened a new exhibit called Science Storms and it's pretty impressive..I think Disney should do something like this and add a Indoor tornado as their centerpiece of the pavillion...
    [​IMG]

9. WondersOfLife

WondersOfLife Well-Known Member Original Poster

I am (amazingly) totally not against the weather pavilion! :)

I'm thinking "Stormstruck" from Innoventions could be moved over to the Making of Me theater.

- WondersOfLife

10. CaptainJackNO

CaptainJackNO Active Member

My question to this is, does USF still have Twister! Ride it Out!? If they do, would DIsney view this as too close to a Universal attraction?

I think it is a great idea. They could have Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes...the possibilities are endless.

11. WondersOfLife

OMG I LOOOOVE THAT RIDE...ATTRACTION...SHOW....WHATEVER :D

Tho StormStruck and a new simulator ride with weather would be nice.

- WondersOfLife

12. Monorail Lime

Monorail Lime Premium Member

13. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Actually Science & Industry also has one of these..But a smaller scale called "Earth Revealed" and was up to date on actual satellight imagery. It would be great to see this.
    [​IMG]

This is more of a stable tornado and to understand the scientific side of it rather than the Wrath of one..So there's a difference to it..
    Here's a video of what the exhibit looks like..
    [youtube]O3RvQakexCI[/youtube]

14. Lands of Wonder

Lands of Wonder Well-Known Member

I think they should add a Horizons type ride based on Global awareness with a better ominax and apeal to the audience. Global Awareness today is like the making of the internet in the 80's. I think epcot could get alot of use out of that theme for a while. I also like Crimsons idea.

15. Krack

Krack Active Member

Global awareness? What is it that we are unaware of regarding the globe?

16. hammysammy59

hammysammy59 New Member

I could see this going either way, and I'd dig either incarnation.

If they stuck with a life science theme, I think focusing on various laser and computer assisted surgeries, nanotechnology and other futuristic forms of medicine would be the way to do it. I feel like this would lend itself REALLY well to sponsors.

If they go with the weather theme, focusing on global climate change and the steps we can take to prevent/correct it seems like a no-brainer. Al Gore animatronic optional. Any energy company that wants a green image would be crazy to pass this up.

17. RedFurredCadet

RedFurredCadet Active Member

Although I kind of like the addition of either the Weather or Global Communities pavilions, I think I am more sided on restoring or refurbing the WofL pavilion. I have found a set of suggestions from a thread I had found earlier, but it's a case of 'love it or leave it' here:

I could consider some potential additions. Perhaps a medical technology showroom, while mirroring the tech. showcase in Innoventions or Communicore, even, it would mostly focus on the up-to-date aspects of medical technology. It could be the next extension for the Frontiers in Medicine exhibit. For example:
    And to put it in a hands-on exhibit styled way:
    For a specific example, let's take Cranium Command. My suggestion would be update the footage and even consider adding two or three more different scenarios focusing on different people. Think about it, every few sessions, one session would be rotated to another. On the subject, perhaps a gender jump won't hurt?
    I could go into explaining into detail, but I guess I'll keep my muzzle shut and see how many people would raise their hands and like this.

18. WondersOfLife

Nobody ever mentioned the delicious "Wonder Waffles"... :(

- WondersOfLife

19. 0ogabooha

0ogabooha Active Member

Yeah, I agree with Krack...I wouldn't want a new idea, I would rather have them take the same concept of WoL and try again.

20. WondersOfLife

unfortunately we're ruled out on the poll. o.o

- WondersOfLife