New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

Skyway

Original Poster
I just got a look at them, and I'm sure they will be popping up everywhere soon.

The "Seven Dwarves Mine Train" is HUGE! It takes up almost all of the space not occupied by Beast and Mermaid The dwarves' cottage is built alongside it. Looks beautiful! Also, I heard the cars will rock from side to side.

Princess Fairytale Hall is replacing SWSA.

Great Goofini looks like it will use same barnstormer "planes" painted red.

Dumbo queue is called "Storybook Circus"

In the artwork, there is a Casey Jr. train parked along the right side of the Dumbo spinners.

Drawings say opening in Fall 2012.

hpyhnt 1000

I just got a look at them, and I'm sure they will be popping up everywhere soon.

The "Seven Dwarves Mine Train" is HUGE! It takes up almost all of the space not occupied by Beast and Mermaid The dwarves' cottage is built alongside it. Looks beautiful! Also, I heard the cars will rock from side to side.

I like the sound of that; should make for a great meet and greet area.

Princess Fairytale Hall is replacing SWSA.

Oh...yay? :shrug:

Great Goofini looks like it will use same barnstormer "planes" painted red.

Meh...

Dumbo queue is called "Storybook Circus"

Okay...never heard of naming a queue area but okay...

In the artwork, there is a Casey Jr. train parked along the right side of the Dumbo spinners.

But still no Casey Jr. ride I take it?

Drawings say opening in Fall 2012.

Really? That may include Dumbo, but I imagine that would not include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. No way they get that done in 10 ish months, unless all the supplies are just sitting out of sight and they plan on working 24/7 (and even then it would be a longshot).

Responses in red. Can't wait to see what the art looks like. :)

ChrisM

So, uh, what are the other sites y'all go to that usually don't have too many qualms about posting images and such?

Skyway

Original Poster
Sorry no drawings yet. I'm trying to get my hands on them to post. But I'm sure they'll be surfacing online in the next few hours. Just wanted to hurry and give you an old-fashioned written description as soon as I could!

S

stphnbogert

Sorry no drawings yet. I'm trying to get my hands on them to post. But I'm sure they'll be surfacing online in the next few hours. Just wanted to hurry and give you an old-fashioned written description as soon as I could!

where did you see them?

raven

I first saw them last spring. Just wondered if anyone has released them publicly before tonight's event as you stated.

Skyway

Original Poster
A few more details---

"Storybook Circus" may actually be the name of the "circusland", and it appears to be a completely separate area from the "forest" with a separate entrance thru a small tent. Although Dumbo and the Teacups will sit only a few dozen feet apart, there is a small landscaping berm between them. To get to Dumbo from the Teacups, you'll have to walk almost back to the eastern edge of Mermaid to enter the area thru the tent.

It looks like the 2 large TTF tents are still in the same place. It's hard to tell from the drawing what is filling the large space between those tents and the RR station. Maybe just landscaping and benches. Also, the Casey Jr train does not appear on the new overhead drawing, only the Dumbo drawing, so maybe that is older artwork.

raven

A few more details---

"Storybook Circus" may actually be the name of the "circusland", and it appears to be a completely separate area from the "forest" with a separate entrance thru a small tent. Although Dumbo and the Teacups will sit only a few dozen feet apart, there is a small landscaping berm between them. To get to Dumbo from the Teacups, you'll have to walk almost back to the eastern edge of Mermaid to enter the area thru the tent.

It looks like the 2 large TTF tents are still in the same place. It's hard to tell from the drawing what is filling the large space between those tents and the RR station. Maybe just landscaping and benches. Also, the Casey Jr train does not appear on the new overhead drawing, only the Dumbo drawing, so maybe that is older artwork.

Casey is indeed in that area. Not a ride but the train itself is there.

Skyway

Original Poster
Mine train is 4 cars long, with 4 people in each car. The "mountain" does not look very tall. The drawing shows the Mermaid castle towering above it. But the site is huge. I'd estimate it is at least twice the size of Disneyland's Storybookland/Casey Jr plot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom