What you've all been waiting for

Bork Bork

Thanks as always Scott!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :sohappy:

I can totally see the ballroom in the BatB restaurant. Looks like lots of room for the mine coaster. There's way more concrete walls than I thought for Mermaid's queue area.

Now time to go study the pic again!!

SeaBase86

Looks great! But I do not think there's enough room for another huge showbulding in the south portion of FLE. Where's the mine coaster suppose to be anyway? BATB and LM are so massive though. I love it.

cbconglom

Looks great! But I do not think there's enough room for another huge showbulding in the south portion of FLE. Where's the mine coaster suppose to be anyway? BATB and LM are so massive though. I love it.

I was thinking the same thing but then went back and looked at the blueprints and model and I think it'll be fine.

Thanks Scott!

I really had faith in the mine coaster until now. It's probably going to be tiny! They have to still fit Gaston's Tavern, Restrooms, a Merch spot, the path, trees, and the waterwyas into that spot, not to mention the castle walls.

Is it going to be tiny or what?!

cbconglom

I really had faith in the mine coaster until now. It's probably going to be tiny! They have to still fit Gaston's Tavern, Restrooms, a Merch spot, the path, trees, and the waterwyas into that spot, not to mention the castle walls.

Is it going to be tiny or what?!

You can already see the footings for gaston's it won't really affect it and the castle walls will be where dumbo currently sits

muteki

Been such a long wait for this, thanks!

-So is the outer wall that is working its way around TLM going to be the actual size of the ride+queue? Much bigger footprint than what the show building led me to believe.
-looks like they finished the dig/cover of the utilidoor expansion? I am not seeing the trenches/pits that I thought were there a month or so ago.
-not really any signs of anything going on where Chateau was going to go/where the SW Mine Coaster will.

juan

A few things to point out about the BatB area:

The the brown steel is structural steel and the gray steel is decorative steel.
The gray steel, once fully built, will get toothpicks (a Disney term) for the steel mesh of the mountain to be attached to. After that, concrete will be applied and sculpted into the mountain and castle.

The LM area is enormous, but there is still plenty of room in the middle for Project X. There just won't be as much open space as the original (D23) plans show.

SeaCastle

The gray steel, once fully built, will get toothpicks (a Disney term) for the steel mesh of the mountain to be attached to. After that, concrete will be applied and sculpted into the mountain and castle.

The LM area is enormous, but there is still plenty of room in the middle for Project X. There just won't be as much open space as the original (D23) plans show.

Thanks for the info...any idea if the Pooh MnG across the promenade is still a go, or is that space being used by Project X?

cbconglom

thanks! one question since the model shows rock work on the front of the restaurant which is brown steel will they be adding more gray steel to which they will attach the toothpics? or will they just add toothpics to the brown steel?

juan

thanks! one question since the model shows rock work on the front of the restaurant which is brown steel will they be adding more gray steel to which they will attach the toothpics? or will they just add toothpics to the brown steel?

judging by the way Carsland is being constructed, they will add the gray steel to the brown steel then add the toothpicks

jt04

Yes thanks Scott and Steve. Looks like Disney lifted the restrictions. I think I see what changed that made that possible. :animwink:

I had the exact opposite reaction. There seems to be a HUGE space between the structures going in and where the castle walls will be. If they indeed have canceled the chateau/mill building complex then the space is truly massive that they will need to fill eventually.

Been such a long wait for this, thanks!

-So is the outer wall that is working its way around TLM going to be the actual size of the ride+queue? Much bigger footprint than what the show building led me to believe.
-looks like they finished the dig/cover of the utilidoor expansion? I am not seeing the trenches/pits that I thought were there a month or so ago.
-not really any signs of anything going on where Chateau was going to go/where the SW Mine Coaster will.

Perhaps I am over-analyzing the photo but it does appear there is a yellow backhoe digging a hole where the blueprints indicated the chateau utilidor would terminate and a smaller red backhoe digging where it would connect to the existing system. Also there is some sort of foundation going in where the mill is indicated on the blueprint. So either the rumored mine coaster is going across from Pooh or the mill house is happening. Or possibly the millhouse facade will be part of the mine train mountain. :veryconfu

See, this does not seem correct to me. Everything we see going vertical matches the blueprints exactly. If the chateau/millhouse complex has actually been canceled how could it possibly be the case that "there just won't be as much open space as the original plans show"??? Sorry Juan, your statement is either poorly worded or you are wrong about that. The space between LM/BatB complexes and the carousel (imagine Dumbo removed also) is gigantic. Much more than would be needed for a childrens mine coaster no matter how much theming they add.

From what I remember, Pooh is now down to the area he's in now only.

I agree with this. Proof I am not just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. :cool:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
See, this does not seem correct to me. Everything we see going vertical matches the blueprints exactly. If the chateau/millhouse complex has actually been canceled how could it possibly be the case that "there just won't be as much open space as the original plans show"??? Sorry Juan, your statement is either poorly worded or you are wrong about that. The space between LM/BatB complexes and the carousel (imagine Dumbo removed also) is gigantic. Much more than would be needed for a childrens mine coaster no matter how much theming they add.

Juan makes perfect sense in what he is saying. The proposed coaster will take up a good chunk of that space, which will mean the new Fantasyland phase 1 wont be quite as open as it appears in the concept art. ie. less open areas, more building.

Atomicmickey

Thank you, Scott Keating and WDW Magic, you made my day!

jt04, what are you on about with this?

"Looks like Disney lifted the restrictions. I think I see what changed that made that possible. :animwink:"

SeaCastle

Still waiting for that DTD announcement, jt?

Yes thanks Scott and Steve. Looks like Disney lifted the restrictions. I think I see what changed that made that possible. :animwink:

You've got to be kidding me. Are you really that desperate to make yourself look correct?

I had the exact opposite reaction. There seems to be a HUGE space between the structures going in and where the castle walls will be.If they indeed have canceled the chateau/mill building complex then the space is truly massive that they will need to fill eventually.

Have you seen the leaked blueprints? Do you honestly think that a ride of any appreciable size would be able to fit into that Cinderella/Aurora complex?

db_2009_0718_FantasylandBlueprint1_8001.jpg

Obviously, a ride of any sort would require much more space than a meet and greet complex, meaning that the open spaces of trees and bushes would be turned over to any project that comes next. I'm not sure why it's difficult to understand that a ride wouldn't take up any more space than a meet and greet building.

I agree with this. Proof I am not just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. :cool:
How is this an opinion question? What information do you know indicates that is the case?

Perhaps I am over-analyzing the photo but it does appear there is a yellow backhoe digging a hole where the blueprints indicated the chateau utilidor would terminate and a smaller red backhoe digging where it would connect to the existing system. Also there is some sort of foundation going in where the mill is indicated on the blueprint. So either the rumored mine coaster is going across from Pooh or the mill house is happening. Or possibly the millhouse facade will be part of the mine train mountain. :veryconfu

Look again. There is no backhoe anywhere. Unless you're confusing a backhoe with an excavator (which is explainable), there is no red excavator in sight. Could you explain your foundation theory too? Maybe draw some arrows to where it's located? Because I don't see anything. No backhoe. No red backhoe. No red excavator. No foundation. Are you seriously still debating the millhouse/meet and greet is still happening?

Attachments

• projectx.jpg
    projectx.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 192

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom