Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

jt04

Don't get too excited just yet.

I've only had one person (who I do trust) tell me this, but I'm trying to pin down just what kind of work is actually being done.

Hell, they started clearing out that Soundstage and doing some prep work last fall, so it's not like nothing's been done.

I just want to hear that the work going on now is more of the substantial kind ... will report more when I know it.

No thanks. I'm waiting to hear from Jim Hill or Lee or Martin or Hunter as they have a good track record......comparatively.

WRE4ever

I think the coaster will be a good addition....mgm has already gone down the crapper....but to many of u guys dont put enough faith in the imagineers its sad

WDW1974

No thanks. I'm waiting to hear from Jim Hill or Lee or Martin or Hunter as they have a good track record......comparatively.

JT ... you can believe whatever you choose and from whomever you choose ... Tinker Bell even ... I think you mistake me for someone who cares.

But I'll put my track record up against anyone's ... not that this is a contest.

Go have a magical night!:wave:

GothMickey

That's certainly a matter of opinion. I wouldn't mind if the demolished it along with the rest of the backlot area.

One time is enough for that show. If they announced they were shutting it down for good tomorrow I wouldn't cry. Heck, I would be willing to lead the bulldozer line to demolish the set.

Lee

Adventurer
Hate to tell you to lower your expectations (what am I? a Disney exec?) ... but if I were you I'd be thrilled beyond belief if 25-35% of those things happen in the next five years.
This IS WDW you are talking about.
Definately agree.
That stuff made it within shouting distance of having a chance before the big freeze, but a good chunk of it will likely fall back into blue-sky limbo by the time they decide to move forward with anything.

DisneyDellsDude

I love how people love to be a part of a disney fan board just to bash disney...

We all like Disney, otherwise we wouldn't be here.:D
But we also care about the company, and want them to produce quality experiences again and again, which hasn't happened that much lately.

I'm still waiting for a dark ride to top the Haunted Mansion which opened almost 40 years ago in Disneyland...:lol:

kcnole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnole
Don't forget Poseidon's Fury.

But without that water vortex...is it even worth keeping?
I think not....:rolleyes:

Universal has received quite a few complaints about the loss of the vortex. I've been assured that once budgetary concerns are alleviated that it will return. They've pretty much removed all water from the attraction since it was all powered by the same generator that powered the vortex. Hopefully it will be back, but I do agree, if the water doesn't return then this show really isn't worth seeing.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I love how people love to be a part of a disney fan board just to bash disney...
There are people in this world that are *blind supporters and there are people in this world that are supporters, but are objective supporters.

I think that you are probably in that first example. Disney does no wrong. That is fine, but don't mistaken that The Disney Company is a business, and all the accountants and lawyers etc dont care to much about a mouse or a space mountain queue... just how it affects thier bottom line.

We do have something in common though, we all want the parks to be as great as they can be. :wave:

*Blind Supporter: what i mean by this is that no matter what decision Disney makes, it is a good one. These people hold very little objectivity.

GothMickey

So is criticism forbidden? Thats the normal refuge of dictators and religious zealots.

Criticism is fine. But, my question is, when people complain about Disney, it is criticism, and ok. When people supply criticism of Universal, it is Universal bashing and shouldn't be allowed. Why the double standard?

jt04

So is criticism forbidden? Thats the normal refuge of dictators and religious zealots.

Of course not, I've noticed people even critisize you and you take it very well.:lookaroun

The problem with certain poster(s) is that they make the same point over and over and over. Except when they are making the same "pixie dust inhaling" joke over and over and over. I think we feel we are having our intellect questioned because it appears it is being assumed we don't get the point or the joke. The joke was funny once or twice, now it's, well, somewhat pathetic.:snore:

As for you, you always keep your material fresh which is much appreciated.:sohappy:

So, does anyone know how the heck they can put an actual suspended coaster in that small building? Makes no sense to me.

Underdog

Definately agree.
That stuff made it within shouting distance of having a chance before the big freeze, but a good chunk of it will likely fall back into blue-sky limbo by the time they decide to move forward with anything.

<Talk about thread drift...>

So, if only 1/3rd of the list are going to be realized, can we assume that WDW mgt., in view of current economic conditions, is taking a wait-and-see approach to what is necessary to counter the HP effect in Orlando?

Underdog

We've been able to keep the discussion focused (ok, semi-focused) on the thread title and some positive news. I *really* hope this thread isn't turned into one of the Love/hate criticism threads that have been de rigeur here on in the news & rumors forum lately. :hurl:

Lee

Adventurer
So, if only 1/3rd of the list are going to be realized, can we assume that WDW mgt., in view of current economic conditions, is taking a wait-and-see approach to what is necessary to counter the HP effect in Orlando?
First, it is entirely possible that more than 30% of that list gets built.
Second, I don't think it's a wait and see deal. They have known for some time that the PR push for HP will be massive, and likely overshadow whatever celebration they have planned. Disney will be running on reputation while Universal has all the shiny new stuff to lure guests with.

Their only real chance was to make a huge deal out of the 40th, on a scale like the 25th, have a celebration that runs from mid 2010 through 2011, and pull out all the stops. Leading the charge would have been a fully reimagined Space Mountain 2.0 and the Little Mermaid ride.
Now, they have pulled back on one, and put the second into indefinate limbo, supposedly due to the economic situation.
Perhaps, they will decide to kick it into high gear later, when the economy starts to look a little better, but at this point...there won't really be much countering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom