Expedition Everest mountain range mist/cloud effect working!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi Guys,

I'm very excited to have received some pictures from yesterday showing that the long missing mist/cloud effect at the top of Expedition Everest is now functioning, and really letting rip!

This effect was one of the first to disappear just after opening, and it hasnt really been seen at all since. If you check out our effects status thread at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=171808 you'll probably never see a reported sighting of the mist.

Anyhow, for those curious to see it working, here are some photos. It gives a great cloud/misty effect around the summit from the front. The photo below (far right), shows the source of the mist creation.

Here's hoping that Animal Kingdoms approaching 10th birthday, and/or the arrival of Animal Kingdoms creator Joe Rohde is behind the effect returning.

They just now need to work on the rear waterfall, loading station steam, and the bird to have a fully functioning show.

Attachments

• webP1060347.jpg
    webP1060347.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,473
  • webP1060350.jpg
    webP1060350.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 1,332
  • webP1060355.jpg
    webP1060355.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,427

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hurrah!

Cheers, Steve. Here`s hoping the Yeti feels like being in A Mode in July. I`ve yet to see him do more than pose to a strobe light....

hpyhnt 1000

Nice to see they have it working again. :sohappy: Of course, now the question is, will they fix the other stuff you mentioned, and if/when they do, how long before it all stops working again?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
About time!
Expect Joe to get grilled on the other stuff on Tuesday. :lookaroun

LOL I hope someone does raise the question about Everest's effects. Yes its a great coaster on it's own, but Disney is about those little show details making all the difference. People should be able to see a full working show everytime they visit. Everytime I take a first timer on Everest I always have to preface it with "Now its likely that it wont be fully working, so be prepared not to see the Yeti etc". Not good at all.

Jerm

Martin,

He just didn't want to show up in any of your videos....he is camera shy. You should have seen what he did to me after I snapped this picture.

550099979_300dc01847_b.jpg

Pete C

I don't think the bird adds anything to the experience. I don't even get what the point of it is other than something to distract you from the time it is taking for the track to flip. I think just some yeti roaring coming from behind would be better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't think the bird adds anything to the experience. I don't even get what the point of it is other than something to distract you from the time it is taking for the track to flip. I think just some yeti roaring coming from behind would be better.

The bird apparently is the type of bird that you see soaring on thermals up around the peaks of Everest, so that's why its in there.
The effect is there, so we should be able to see it. :)

teebin

I never recalled seeing the mist flying off the top of the mountain like that back during previews. I remembered mist in the tunnel just prior to the broken tracks. Is that back in place as well?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I never recalled seeing the mist flying off the top of the mountain like that back during previews. I remembered mist in the tunnel just prior to the broken tracks. Is that back in place as well?

No the tunnel mist isnt there at the moment, hopefully it's being worked on.

Mad Stitch

The bird apparently is the type of bird that you see soaring on thermals up around the peaks of Everest, so that's why its in there.
The effect is there, so we should be able to see it. :)

Yes, but what I think he is getting at is the effect is poorly done. A bird on the end of a stick is just not up to Disney standards.

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, but what I think he is getting at is the effect is poorly done. A bird on the end of a stick is just not up to Disney standards.

Agreed. I would rather see that second waterfall and steam effect at the station working as opposed to the lovely "bird on a stick" effect again.

diddy_mouse

You know what's funny, the first time I rode Everest I was looking for that dang bird and I didn't see it, mainly because I had no idea where it was supposed to come from. Two more times on that ride and I still didn't notice it. I will say that I remember the Yeti swoop just a little and even though it was probably in B mode it still was pretty cool. Now...if they get him back on A mode by the time I'm back down there I'm sure I'll be in for a surprise! Also, I'd love to see the mist working in the tunnel. *keeps fingers crossed* :D

Thanks for the update, Steve!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Yep agreed, it could be better. However, at this point, so much of the show isnt working, I'd just be glad just to see everything that is there working.

hauntdmansion79

Good news! I remember seeing videos of when Everest first opened and seeing all those little effects. I've always personally believed Everest could/should have even more show scenes. But at the very least I expect the ones they do have to work. I was bummed to start seeing some stop working. Me and my family just got back from Disney in March and the rest of my family didn't know anything about the attraction. After we got off I had to tell them about the effects that Everest used to have but no longer work, and they were disappointed and confused as to why Disney would let that happen. I do have to say that the Yeti was in A mode both times we rode it, so that was good.

One thing we don't talk about enough is how Disney needs to finish the mountain on the backside of the attraction (facing the parking lot), I think it's one of the only times that Disney has displayed "bad show". It bothers me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom