did you ever do something that you wish you didn't

DisneyGigi

Riding the tea cups our first trip and thinking it would be really funny to spin it like crazy.... it wasn't. :hurl:
Never ever again

Texzilla

I went to the first 999 Happy Haunts Ball. One of the most depressing evenings ever. Paid a lot of money for those tickets. Thought it was going to be a good time celebrating the Haunted Mansion. It wasn't even about being greedy and buying all the collectables you could get your hands on. It was about being selfish and buying all the collectables you could get YOUR hands on, but OTHERS couldn't. Major "I'm better than you becasue I got THREE of those pins and you only got ONE." vibe going. Like being back in Grade School.

Philo

Got to be those virtual roller coasters they have at Disney Quest. I actually went on some installed in the studios at DLP, My gf didn't really understand what was going on - she thought we were just designing a roller coaster ride - so she kept trying to make it more extreme. When we actually rode our coaster it really messed us up :hurl:

KingStefan

We got to WDW late one night. Coronado Springs. Great room, checked in and ran to Aloha. 11-night stay, AP for me, 10-day park hopper tickets for the three family members. I had booked the room and tickets separately. Asked at check-in "what about the tickets". Receptionist said check with the services desk. Figured I'd wait until first thing in the AM.

I checked there - they couldn't find the record. They said I'd have to check with a ticket center. I was getting disappointed because we'd planned a day at the parks on that day.

I chose to go to the TTC. (Always go to Downtown Disney.) Plan was for the family to go to the resort pool in the meanwhile. I had a problem with the rental car and swapped it at the care center on the way. Got an upgrade!

The TTC sent me over to the MK. They couldn't find the record either. CM made a phone call. They said "look on the keys!". There were the tickets! Had them in my hand all along!

Anyway, to make a long story even longer: the thing I wish I didn't do was leave the resort without having them check the keys! Always have them check the darn keys!

But the CM at the MK was very nice. She gave me four 4-person fast passes to be used at any park at any time during our stay. I didn't even ask for anything, since I thought that I was the stupid one for not thinking of looking on the keys. Although I was a bit annoyed that no CM at the resort thought of that either.

Anyway, DW said she didn't mind, 'cause she got some rest from travelling sitting by the pool while the DDs frolicked (we started the week a bit too ambitiously). We went to DS that afternoon anyway even though it was late, 'cause it was EMH, and although we didn't get to hop, the day turned out great anyway.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For me, it would simply be buying a turkey leg. I may do it again, but not for consumption. I think swinging it around like I was a medieval knight would be a lot of fun.

sarabi

For me, it was ending my first stay in Florida at Disney World with a couple days offsite at Universal (first) then Seaworld and Cape Canaveral. I loved Cape Canaveral and Seaworld was ok. Universal was just rough directly after a 5 day string of Disney goodness.
I wasn't able to appreciate Universal for the park it was because I was suddenly hit by "workers" who acted "rude" in comparison to "cast members" and the "disney way". Universal is a fine park... it just wasn't for me. If I had to do it again, I would do Universal first and THEN Disney.

LoriMistress

There are a few. One would be eating at Planet Hollywood. We will never eat there again. The food was awful. Another thing would be riding the Backlot Tour. Went on it for the first time in 2003 and half the stuff was burnt and destroyed vehicles. Not very impressive.

tirian

I once stayed at the All Star Sports to save money...immediately after a week in a Magic Kingdom-view room at the Polynesian.

The difference was too gigantic to adequately describe.

CThaddeus

1. Spending over an hour in the hot, humid, blazing Florida Sun waiting for the insanely lame LMA. I'd much rather have gone on Stitch's Great Escape 3 or 4 more times (because I really do enjoy it).
2. Not bringing an Ipod with me to counteract the screeching in Rock n' Rollercoaster.
3. Riding Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin' California Screamin'. What was Disney thinking?
4. Not booking two week trips to Disney World instead of just one.

Since1976

For me, it would simply be buying a turkey leg. I may do it again, but not for consumption. I think swinging it around like I was a medieval knight would be a lot of fun.

They're like Elvish lembas bread. One turkey leg can fill the stomachs of two adults and their 1.5 year-old daughter!

KingStefan

Waiting two hours in line on the hottest day of the year for a 1-minute Dumbo ride at DLP with 7-month pregnant DW and 2 1/2 yo DD. I didn't even go on. DD loved it and talks about it to this day, so I guess maybe I don't wish I didn't after all. But is was brutal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom