EPCOT Amputation 07/30

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hi there, folks! I am pleased to report that as I closed the EPCOT station tonight, I watched as they removed the Mickey hand from the “icon tower,” on the side facing the park.

The Mak

Thanks for the update. No welding sparks were captured by the webcam tonight. This post offers a nice explanation.

Edit: LOL at 'icon tower'.

Fun2BFree

Maybe they'll give Mickey his arm back after seven years? :)

I actually thought that there was some sort of accident at Epcot, and someone's limb had to be amputated!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ooooh that's terrible, my thoughts go out to the family of this accident....

oh wait...nevermind :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The warnings clearly state to keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times! IMHO he deserved to get his hand cut off!:lol:

cymbaldiva

Hi there, folks! I am pleased to report that as I closed the EPCOT station tonight, I watched as they removed the Mickey hand from the “icon tower,” on the side facing the park.

That must have been so awesome to actually get to watch it happen - thank you much for the update~ :)

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Yeah, I was in the station there watching a lot of sparks fly down the structure, but didn't realize what part they were working on until I saw this giant, hand-shaped silhouette swing away from Spaceship Earth.

As for the terminology “icon tower,” that's the phrase I've heard the park entrance managers and such refer to it as.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom