Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

RSoxNo1

I personally think that eliminating standby for toy story could be a solution. Atleast that way you could get a fastpass after 12

I think Fastpass would still be gone by 12 on some days... Perhaps put a restriction that you can only get one Fastpass at Toy Story each day?

Monorail_Orange

They go so quickly just the same though, that would probably only get the few people who run there first thing in the morning and get the first set of FP's as in the ones that start before 10 - so they could ride it and then potentially get another for the very last part of the day, right before FP's run out.

Scuttle

I think Fastpass would still be gone by 12 on some days... Perhaps put a restriction that you can only get one Fastpass at Toy Story each day?

Ya that's a good idea. Something needs to be done because I am an annual passholder that lives about 35 minutes from the world and I have still not been able to ride toy story mania. Me and my girlfriend are planning on waking up early next week though and getting out there. It will be the slow season so I might actually have a chance to ride it. If we get there early enough and we don't want to ride it again i'll save my fastpass for your collection.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ya that's a good idea. Something needs to be done because I am an annual passholder that lives about 35 minutes from the world and I have still not been able to ride toy story mania. Me and my girlfriend are planning on waking up early next week though and getting out there. It will be the slow season so I might actually have a chance to ride it. If we get there early enough and we don't want to ride it again i'll save my fastpass for your collection.
Get there before rope drop and you will be on the attraction inside of 20 minutes.

RSoxNo1

If you get to the park before 10 and plan on staying all day you can get a Fastpass. If I'm there before 10 I typically ride standby once and Fastpass once. I have never been able to get multiple fastpasses on the same day other then when I had the Give a Day Get a Day Fastpass cards.

Scuttle

If you get to the park before 10 and plan on staying all day you can get a Fastpass. If I'm there before 10 I typically ride standby once and Fastpass once. I have never been able to get multiple fastpasses on the same day other then when I had the Give a Day Get a Day Fastpass cards.

Is toy story mania really that good? I'm not a huge fan of buzz and I know there two completely different rides, but I just wanted to ask for an opinion from people who go all the time. It really is a shame that I've been to WDW too many times to count and I still haven't gotten a chance to experience this ride. I think me and my girl are going to go to studios early Wednesday to finally ride it and then park hop to MK and check the Tiki Room out. I hope we finally get on!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is toy story mania really that good? I'm not a huge fan of buzz and I know there two completely different rides, but I just wanted to ask for an opinion from people who go all the time. It really is a shame that I've been to WDW too many times to count and I still haven't gotten a chance to experience this ride. I think me and my girl are going to go to studios early Wednesday to finally ride it and then park hop to MK and check the Tiki Room out. I hope we finally get on!
Is it fun? Yes
Worth the hype and hour plus waits? Not a chance.

the-reason14

TSM is fun, but I don't think anything is really worth a 90 minute wait. Best chance to do it is at rope drop and right before the park closes.

cr3346

My pointless TSM story

One night last year I forget if we had fastpasses or just did standby, but it was right before the park was closing so there was pretty much no wait. We got on the ride about 5 minutes before closing so we figured there was no way wed get back in line before the park closed. We walked out of the ride about 5 minutes after the park closed and as we walked out there were some higher ups, no clue who they were, but they were regular CMs, and they asked if we wanted to ride it again. It was pretty cool getting to ride it twice in a row and knowing that the park was closed when we got to go on the second time

JWG

There is NO ride at ANY park that is worth the 120-240 minute wait time posted by TSM. We've only ridden it via arriving at open and getting a FP. Same for all other attractions. If the line is 45+ minutes and no FP available, we skip it.

That being said, we've not traveled during peak time since 2007 (July) and are fortunate in that respect.

flavious27

There is NO ride at ANY park that is worth the 120-240 minute wait time posted by TSM. We've only ridden it via arriving at open and getting a FP. Same for all other attractions. If the line is 45+ minutes and no FP available, we skip it.

That being said, we've not traveled during peak time since 2007 (July) and are fortunate in that respect.

I have waited for different sf ga rides for those times during a ny day, never again.

DisneyparkFreak

Take it for what its worth, but a friend of mine works at a company called ACME Structural in Springfield MO told me today that his company got a major project in central Florida which involves roller coaster style tracks. I tried to ask him what kind and he stated they were suspended steel designs but that was all he knew. They were to be designed and delivered within the next 24 months. They are only contracted for part of the track and not the whole ride. Unfortunately that is all he knew, the clients name is not Disney but some ride company out of Utah.

Now my theory is that it is for the MI coaster, but could it also be for the FLE? I dont know and this is all the information he knew or was willing to give. But like I said before you guys start jumping down my throat on this, he told me specifically that the Disney name was not there...

Start the beat ups.

nepalostparks

Possible. But there are a few other parks in the central Florida area - all of which could be getting a new suspended steel roller coaster in the next two years.

The MI Coaster project has been around for awhile. On my trip in September 2008, one of the VIP Tour Guides at Magic Kingdom swore the project would get underway in 2009. Not so much :lol:

zooey

Take it for what its worth, but a friend of mine works at a company called ACME Structural in Springfield MO told me today that his company got a major project in central Florida which involves roller coaster style tracks. I tried to ask him what kind and he stated they were suspended steel designs but that was all he knew. They were to be designed and delivered within the next 24 months. They are only contracted for part of the track and not the whole ride. Unfortunately that is all he knew, the clients name is not Disney but some ride company out of Utah.

Now my theory is that it is for the MI coaster, but could it also be for the FLE? I dont know and this is all the information he knew or was willing to give. But like I said before you guys start jumping down my throat on this, he told me specifically that the Disney name was not there...

Start the beat ups.

Sounds like it could be the Gringott's coaster rumored to be in the Harry Potter expansion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Start the beat ups.

Quite possibly:

S&S Worldwide, Inc.
350 West 2500 North
Logan, UT 84341

They are basically what's left of Arrow Dynamics. (The Matterhorn and MANY many other Disney ride systems.)

http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/company/our-team/installation

Rob562

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom