Bob Iger spotted in Animal Kingdom

SeaCastle

I don't understand the part about the Prince and top Disney brass coming all the way to WDW for a secretnmeeting during one of the most crowded times of the year to discuss something they could have ironed out in California or Saudi Arabia. I think something else might be going on here if they're going through all of this trouble and keeping it under wraps.

The Mom

Premium Member
I get that everyone is speculating here. So now we all just have to wait and see that happens!

That's never stopped anyone from insisting that his speculation is better than everyone else's speculation. Resulting in a full blown argument. Over speculations. :lol:

BalooChicago

Couldn't it also have been regarding a Disney Park in the ME? Even though development isn't quite at the pace it once was over there, there still is significantly more development than in many other places, including theme parks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Often times yes. Sadly this may turn out not to be one of them...in a way.

Yes. True.
But the real story is, who else was at the resort this week, and why?
Iger was there. Staggs was there. And...sequestered in a sealed off floor at the Boardwalk...the Board of Directors of the WDC.

Oh...and a certain Saudi Prince. The one who already owns a big chunk of DLP.:lookaroun

This story isn't over. It may get much bigger in the coming days.

I understand that the board were brought in by Iger and Staggs to take a look at some of the new additions at WDW and where they may be expanded. For example, the entire board did the Wild Africa Trek. They do have these get togethers out in the field every now and then.

Given the Prince's close links to Disney and large ownership chunk of DLP, it isn't surprising to see him being involved - if in fact he was there.

I really think it's a big stretch to link that to a sale of the parks. I really don't see it happening. Not a chance in my opinion.

VMKingdom

I understand that the board were brought in by Iger and Staggs to take a look at some of the new additions at WDW and where they may be expanded. For example, the entire board did the Wild Africa Trek. They do have these get togethers out in the field every now and then.

Given the Prince's close links to Disney and large ownership chunk of DLP, it isn't surprising to see him being involved - if in fact he was there.

I really think it's a big stretch to link that to a sale of the parks. I really don't see it happening. Not a chance in my opinion.

I'm new to this particular site but definitely not new to Disney fans over reacting and speculating. Honestly, if somebody wanted to buy the Parks (and they aren't for sale) I don't think Iger would have the meetings on property. They'd be more intelligent than that. I'd hope. haha

It just seems like a way to get the board to hopefully get up to speed with current enhancements to the park and hopefully, shell out more money for future overhauls.

djkidkaz

wdwmagic; said:

Thank god! I almost filed a lawsuit against wdwmagic for causing me a mild heart attack this morning!

djkidkaz

I'm new to this particular site but definitely not new to Disney fans over reacting and speculating. Honestly, if somebody wanted to buy the Parks (and they aren't for sale) I don't think Iger would have the meetings on property. They'd be more intelligent than that. I'd hope. haha

It just seems like a way to get the board to hopefully get up to speed with current enhancements to the park and hopefully, shell out more money for future overhauls.

"Hey prince, we'll go eat at Pizzafari and iron out the details. I'll treat, do you want a burger or chicken strips?" - Bob Iger

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
"Hey prince, we'll go eat at Pizzafari and iron out the details. I'll treat, do you want a burger or chicken strips?" - Bob Iger

Prince: "If we're going to Pizzafari, shouldn't I get the pizza?"

Iger: "No, trust me, you don't want Disney pizza."

maxairmike

Prince: "If we're going to Pizzafari, shouldn't I get the pizza?"

Iger: "No, trust me, you don't want Disney pizza."

You definitely want to have Flippers delivered if you go the pizza route, and don't forget the breadsticks! :D Ohhh...I'm getting Flippers the next time I'm in town...so hungry now! :lol:

CountryBearFan

You must run in the same group of insiders as another spirit that can be found online. And if what he's saying has any truth to it...and since you're finally bringing the same likes over here, I think that WDW fans have a great deal to worry about in the coming years.

I've heard a great deal about the Spirit. And I think he's an "Evil Spirit" with no real behind-the-scenes info at all. He clearly just likes to spread lie after lie after lie just to get attention and freak people out for no reason.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
i've heard a great deal about the spirit. And i think he's an "evil spirit" with no real behind-the-scenes info at all. He clearly just likes to spread lie after lie after lie just to get attention and freak people out for no reason.

ding ding ding!

MiklCraw4d

I agree with this completely. The whole situation needs a "Jump to Conclusions" mat a mile wide.

For one thing, upper management has an annual retreat at WDW. This is just that. As for the so-called "secrecy" - when was the last time the board met? Does anyone know? Do we remember the articles and press releases? Of course not. Because these meetings are *never* publicized.

As for the Prince, he's in deep with DLP, and that company continues to have emergency-level financing issues that need constant attention. He's also an owner of the Four Seasons, and if we remember there was a big article in the Sentinel the other week about how that resort's development has been pushed back yet again.

I think any of these issues are more likely topics of discussion than the sale of Disney Parks & Resorts, a sale that would be in the dozens of billions of dollars at the very least (beyond his ability of capitalize), and would involve the bad publicity of Disney selling American icons to a Saudi prince.

Tom

Beta Return
I agree with this completely. The whole situation needs a "Jump to Conclusions" mat a mile wide.

For one thing, upper management has an annual retreat at WDW. This is just that. As for the so-called "secrecy" - when was the last time the board met? Does anyone know? Do we remember the articles and press releases? Of course not. Because these meetings are *never* publicized.

As for the Prince, he's in deep with DLP, and that company continues to have emergency-level financing issues that need constant attention. He's also an owner of the Four Seasons, and if we remember there was a big article in the Sentinel the other week about how that resort's development has been pushed back yet again.

I think any of these issues are more likely topics of discussion than the sale of Disney Parks & Resorts, a sale that would be in the dozens of billions of dollars at the very least (beyond his ability of capitalize), and would involve the bad publicity of Disney selling American icons to a Saudi prince.

Logic is not welcome here. You should know that.

MiklCraw4d

Logic is not welcome here. You should know that.

I will defiantly up the ante by pointing out that the Saudis regularly just *hang out* at WDW and vacation there all the time. I don't know if this is still the case, but back in the 90s they would regularly lease out entire floors of the Dolphin and move in their own furniture and stuff. Security guards with submachine guns on Friendship boats... irony!

This is all some fascinating speculation, but the Office Space quote above needs to be commended.

I try!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom