Opening Dates.

Lee

Adventurer
BTW, I am more convinced than ever that the new family mine coaster is a reaction to the rethemed family coaster at IoA but also and more importantly, the several family coasters that will be part of Legoland Florida when it opens in October.

The entire story about the FLE being too skewed to young girls was pure tea cup style spin IMO. But I guess they had to create some explanation for the changes.

Nah...Legoland is only adding one new coaster, a wild mouse. Nothing that needs to be responded to. If Cypress Gardens wasn't responded to...

As for the spin about being too skewed to girls, that was indeed a concern, but less so than the problems with the horrible capacity the M&Gs would have had.

jt04

Nah...Legoland is only adding one new coaster, a wild mouse. Nothing that needs to be responded to. If Cypress Gardens wasn't responded to...

As for the spin about being too skewed to girls, that was indeed a concern, but less so than the problems with the horrible capacity the M&Gs would have had.

I have no doubt that capacity was/is a concern but I still maintain there is much more to all the changes.

And yes, Legoland may be adding only one family coaster but they are keeping and retheming several others.

Legoland is the concern with the FLE changes. I can't be talked out of it. And Legoland is no Cypress Gardens. Watch and see.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have no doubt that capacity was/is a concern but I still maintain there is much more to all the changes.

And yes, Legoland may be adding only one family coaster but they are keeping and retheming several others.

Legoland is the concern with the FLE changes. I can't be talked out of it. And Legoland is no Cypress Gardens. Watch and see.

Legoland does not even cause a blip on Disney's radar.

The coaster was brought in to beef up capacity and to install a balance to the offerings in Fantasyland. Simple as that, no dramatic competitor story to it.

maxairmike

While I highly doubt that the FLE was changed as a reaction to LEGOLand (or even WWoHP), I can assure you that Disney is keeping a close eye on things in Winter Haven. The local reaction has been extremely positive, and I was at the community open house event they held at the Orange Dome. There was a pretty good crowd waiting to get in over a half hour before the event started. The place was packed, and a few hours into the event when I left, people were still coming in. They have also sold several hundreds (the number may actually have been in the thousands, I don't remember where they released the number) of lifetime annual passes to Florida residents. While you may not be seeing a lot outside of the Orlando area in terms of marketing, I can assure you that within the Central Florida area, everyone knows about it and LEGO is making sure you know about it.

That park is going to surprise a lot of people when it opens, because they are underestimating the pull of the LEGO brand. It may not be a destination-maker on its own, but it will add a day to trips, or pull people away from Disney/Universal for a day. And at the very least, the current parks/resorts will be competing much more for annual pass money from Central Florida residents as a result of LEGOLand's presence.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

PhilharMagician

While I highly doubt that the FLE was changed as a reaction to LEGOLand (or even WWoHP), I can assure you that Disney is keeping a close eye on things in Winter Haven. The local reaction has been extremely positive, and I was at the community open house event they held at the Orange Dome. There was a pretty good crowd waiting to get in over a half hour before the event started. The place was packed, and a few hours into the event when I left, people were still coming in. They have also sold several hundreds (the number may actually have been in the thousands, I don't remember where they released the number) of lifetime annual passes to Florida residents. While you may not be seeing a lot outside of the Orlando area in terms of marketing, I can assure you that within the Central Florida area, everyone knows about it and LEGO is making sure you know about it.

That park is going to surprise a lot of people when it opens, because they are underestimating the pull of the LEGO brand. It may not be a destination-maker on its own, but it will add a day to trips, or pull people away from Disney/Universal for a day. And at the very least, the current parks/resorts will be competing much more for annual pass money from Central Florida residents as a result of LEGOLand's presence.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

How much were the lifetime passes?

britdaw

That article specifies Late 2012. Why does it make you severely hopeful of March 2010? :shrug:

Because I'm an optimist. LOL I REALLY want to be able to go in when we go early next year. ;) I know it probably won't be done, since everything I'm reading says mid to late 2012, but I can dream. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom