fantasyland-rendering4.jpg

fantasyland-rendering5.jpg

fantasyland-rendering8.jpg

fantasyland-rendering9.jpg

fantasyland-rendering10.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Very cool to finally see this!

I just went back and looked at Lee's original post about what the changes would be and he mentions a Casey Jr food stand. I wonder if that's what the train in Dumbo picture is. There appear to be a couple umbrella covered tables next to it.

cheezbat

I really hope a few years down the road those tents finally get axed and replaced with an E-ticket. maybe even a new Mountain!

NASAMan

I just went back and looked at Lee's original post about what the changes would be and he mentions a Casey Jr food stand. I wonder if that's what the train in Dumbo picture is. There appear to be a couple umbrella covered tables next to it.

I've always missed the ride that Disneyland offers, so it will be great to see Casey Jr. pull into the Magic Kingdom! My only hope is that he is an active engine, puffing steam, ringing his bell, calling "All aboard!" ala the Casey Jr. song, like he's ready to carry you to the next stop for the circus.

juan

Yes the train is a bunch of food stands.

It will actually be on the left side of that picture, kinda of closer to county bounty.

MAF

So where's JT now that it is revealed that he was WRONG all along and the mine train is going to be a reality? :lol:

WDW FTW

If you look at the top of the full fantasyland picture, towards the right where all the tents are i see kind of an empty ring. I'm assuming that will be food stalls maybe merchandise with a fountain or statue in the center?

BriEcho3194

This looks amazing!!! I am sooo happy!!!!!

I am very proud! I cannot wait for this! it's going to be amazing! We got what we wanted! NEW RIDE!!!

Neverland

The concept art is beautiful, but is Circusland going to be its own land, a la Toontown? All the Circusland stuff looks misplaced, like it was posted with the Fantasyland stuff by accident. Plus, as of now, Fantasyland is a medieval fair, and with New Fantasyland, half of it will still be a fair, unless there's some retheming that hasn't been announced. A fair and a circus in the same land? Wouldn't that kind of be like if they built some Agrabah-themed buildings up by Pirates, thus creating two Agrabahs in Adventureland?

And also, is the Mine Coaster gonna take up that entire chunk of land? It looks bare right above the castle, but that might be because the pic is small.

jjharvpro

YESSSS!!!!!!!!! As soon as I got the tweets, I rushed home to check it out! Yes!! This is very exciting!! :)

I was quite hesitant a/b the Mine Coaster, but it's VERY convincing now. I'm sad to see Snow White go, but the Mine Coaster is needed and wanted!!! A new coaster will be great to Fantasyland and MK as a whole!

TLM ride is awesome!!! Nothing new.

Beauty and the Beast stuff is GREAT! I love how you will be able to eat "fast food" during the day, but be able to come back later to properly dine. Also love the fact that you can walk thru Belle's village. The castle is going to be beautiful atop the hill.

The circus stuff--no idea if it's its own land, or part of Fantasyland. Glad to see that they are keeping Barnstormer(The Great Goofini)!!. Dumbo doubled will be great! Casey Jr., do I see you?? I hope so!!! :)

All in all, VERY happy w/ this!!! Woo hoo for New Fantasyland!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The concept art is beautiful, but is Circusland going to be its own land, a la Toontown? All the Circusland stuff looks misplaced, like it was posted with the Fantasyland stuff by accident. Plus, as of now, Fantasyland is a medieval fair, and with New Fantasyland, half of it will still be a fair, unless there's some retheming that hasn't been announced. A fair and a circus in the same land? Wouldn't that kind of be like if they built some Agrabah-themed buildings up by Pirates, thus creating two Agrabahs in Adventureland?

And also, is the Mine Coaster gonna take up that entire chunk of land? It looks bare right above the castle, but that might be because the pic is small.

There is a tent archway that separates the Circus area from the rest of Fantasyland so it will sort of be it's own land. I think the mine ride will extend into at least part of that area above the castle. The version of the concept art on the Disney Parks Blog is a little clearer then the one posted here so you can make out more of the details.

Shadowdawn

The mine ride looks awesome but I'm kinda bummed that they aren't going to do Pixie Hollow. I hate clowns so I'm not thrilled with the new circus theme.

Purpilia25

So I just want to poist my comments and opinions in one post haha.

Snow White Ride: While I understand everyone's sentimental attachment to the old ride, you have to admit: its freakin' old. I am more then happy that they chose to scrap the chateau, which was just a M&G, and add in a nice ride that can only tell the same SW story we all know and love. Its going to have some sets inside, probably scenes similar to the current ride, so its just and improvement. LOVE LOVE LOVE the themeing on the outside. I hope there is plenty of area to walk amidst the trees and stuff.

Belle area: Love the forced perspective castle, I have faith that the execution will be well done. Love the bridges over the water features, really brings a natural feeling missing from Fantasyland until now. The restaurant sounds like a great alternative to the ever-booked Cinderella Castle experience.

LM ride: Exterior looks nice, another dark ride suits the area. No problems with it!

Circus land: I was never a fan of Dumbo, and have no interest riding the new dual spinners but I really like the themeing and appreciate how much better it looks then Toontown. I think it is a much better use of the space. I was never a fan of Toontown; yeah the houses were cool but it was just kind of there with nothing that I will desperately miss. Enjoyed the experience, now lets move on to the next one.

What I want to see: Lets kill the Speedway. It takes up soooo much space and from what I've heard it has just kind of rotted over the years, no longer as fun as it once was. I think it should be replaced, with what I dont know, but it needs to happen in my opinion!

Patrick2/3

This is all really exciting! The new Snow White ride looks really great and I'm SOOOO glad they ditched the pixie hollow idea! Kinda sad about Snow White's scary adventures though...at least we still have the original in CA. I also kinda want to know what's going on in the upper right hand corner of the concept art (the rest of the circus land)?...

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Maybe because of the announcements, but the Mine Train area was a beehive of excavation today. I've been here for 13 days and this is the first major work I've seen happening in that area. Impossible to get pics though.

BriEcho3194

Maybe because of the announcements, but the Mine Train area was a beehive of excavation today. I've been here for 13 days and this is the first major work I've seen happening in that area. Impossible to get pics though.

REALLY?! OMG I am so excited! I hope that they will have this open in at least 2012 lol Because thats when I'm going! So I'm kinda excited! But I want this to be open in spring 2012....Im post poning my trip! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom