Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

gljvd

I'm ready for a change. I think this will be a fun ride. There are some rides that shouldn't be touched like the People Mover in Tomorrowland. But I am ok with updating this ride.

BRING BACK ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!

People mover should be changed also. They need to add more air conditioning and they need to make it last longer.... perhaps go through all the lands !

jt04

interesting. looks like you're going to take a little tour of all things Star WArs similar to Soarin' only 3D and in a mini space ship. should be cool. :)

Disney calls it a "game changer" which makes me quite optimistic :)

I'm ready for a change. I think this will be a fun ride. There are some rides that shouldn't be touched like the People Mover in Tomorrowland. But I am ok with updating this ride.

BRING BACK ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!

I'm for repurposing the Everest animatronic and calling it "Yeti Encounter". Same idea but on a much bigger and scarier scale. :eek:

dweezil78

Last night at the MAPO History of Animatronic event Rick Berryman, who worked on the original Star Tours, revealed that C-3PO would be replacing REX as the droid inside the actual cabin. Don't think I've seen that news anywhere yet, so there ya go!

jt04

Last night at the MAPO History of Animatronic event Rick Berryman, who worked on the original Star Tours, revealed that C-3PO would be replacing REX as the droid inside the actual cabin. Don't think I've seen that news anywhere yet, so there ya go!

:eek:

Excellent choice if this is true. Wow! :)

hpyhnt 1000

Really? Thats...interesting. I thought 3PO hated space travel, so whats he doing onboard? :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

I really, really don't think so...

4106578656_4825075066_m.jpg

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Episode 3.
If I remember right, he flies Padme to her fateful meeting with Anakin on Mustafar and says something like "You know, I think I'm getting the hang of this".

dweezil78

You guys are forgetting that this is a theme park ride where something is bound to go wrong! Having C-3PO in the cockpit would kinda make sense with that in mind. :)

For what it's worth, Rick said (pretty confidently) that they were ripping the Rex's out and replacing them with new C-3PO figures and he wasn't sure if there'd still be a C-3PO animatronic in the queue anymore because of that. Not sure why he'd say it if it weren't happening. We'll see next year I suppose!

jt04

You guys are forgetting that this is a theme park ride where something is bound to go wrong! Having C-3PO in the cockpit would kinda make sense with that in mind. :)

For what it's worth, Rick said (pretty confidently) that they were ripping the Rex's out and replacing them with new C-3PO figures and he wasn't sure if there'd still be a C-3PO animatronic in the queue anymore because of that. Not sure why he'd say it if it weren't happening. We'll see next year I suppose!

It makes perfect sense since almost everyone is familiar with c3po's fears so that part of the story would already be established. I believe it. Also AD admitted he was brought in to do dialog a couple years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom