Frigid Weather Hits O-Town

EPCOT Explorer

For a southeastern girl like me it's dang cold. I've only seen white stuff on the ground a few times in my life, never more than a couple inches. I'll be freezin my patootie off. Lol!
I'm a Miamian, and I've NEVER seen snow, but I LOVE this. :D

It's refreshing! I'd rather be cold than sweat. Especially in WDW.

So weather can be wrong right? ahahaha
No matter what the weather Ill have a good time, and usually the people going down at this time are from the north, so they are looking for warmer weather. Looks good next week for me, just the weekend is "cold".

Im hoping for some error on the part of warmer weather but anything than what I have right now at home would be great.

ps. i hate the cold!!!!

Scooter

Just curious...when it gets this cold in Florida do they shut down water rides/attractions in the parks like Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain? I know they closed the water parks but I was just wondering about the water themed park rides where you actually can get wet while riding.

Just curious...when it gets this cold in Florida do they shut down water rides/attractions in the parks like Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain? I know they closed the water parks but I was just wondering about the water themed park rides where you actually can get wet while riding.

Not sure but splash is closed for a refurb until february i believe

monkeysammich

<soapbox> It really bugs me when people say "Oh, that's not cold!" .. yes, you live further north so you're used to colder temperatures. I've lived in Florida my whole life... so yes, anything below 50 degrees is getting into jeans/long sleeve weather. I don't jump up and shout "90 degrees? bah, that's jacket weather!" or anything. Sure, I've been through 100 degree summers without a problem... but its nothing to brag about. </soapbox>

That being said... here in Tallahassee... the prediction is that we may actually get snow on Friday. It may not stick around for any length of time... but snow nonetheless. :eek:

EPCOT Explorer

<soapbox> It really bugs me when people say "Oh, that's not cold!" .. yes, you live further north so you're used to colder temperatures. I've lived in Florida my whole life... so yes, anything below 50 degrees is getting into jeans/long sleeve weather. I don't jump up and shout "90 degrees? bah, that's jacket weather!" or anything. Sure, I've been through 100 degree summers without a problem... but its nothing to brag about. </soapbox>

That being said... here in Tallahassee... the prediction is that we may actually get snow on Friday. It may not stick around for any length of time... but snow nonetheless. :eek:
Not for this Miamian. :D

But then again, I'm odd when it comes to weather.

sweetpee_1993

I'm a Miamian, and I've NEVER seen snow, but I LOVE this. :D

It's refreshing! I'd rather be cold than sweat. Especially in WDW.

True. You can put more clothes on if it's cold but you can only take so much off when it's hot. You just can't peel off your skin. Lol! I'm such a wimp with cold. I suppose it's the same as when it's really hot: stay inside as much as possible!

tigsmom

I've been to WDW in 105 degree and nearly 100% humidity and I've been to WDW in 27 degree (and have no idea what the wind chill was, but it was blowing a gale) and it was easier in the cold weather even with a little one in a stroller.
Of course it was -10 back home and there had just been a blizzard so we were happy ...it's all relative :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

LOVE this cold..this is perfect Disney weather..wish I was there...Evan!..Let's go...:D
Is this before or after we go to Kristen's house? :lookaroun :lol:

That never gets old!

True. You can put more clothes on if it's cold but you can only take so much off when it's hot. You just can't peel off your skin. Lol! I'm such a wimp with cold. I suppose it's the same as when it's really hot: stay inside as much as possible!
Exactly. I hate Summer weather. Makes you feel dirty all the time...and I must shower at least 3 times a day in the summer :lol: :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Made it about five steps outside the door before turning around to grab a coat. :lol:
Looked nice out the window....funny how 53 degrees in Miami looks the same as 83 through a window.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer said:
But then again, I'm odd when it comes to weather.
Yeah...I think you must be odd about weather.
Personally I have no use for any temperature below 75. Unless there is snow. I'll tolerate low temps as long as there is snow. Otherwise.......no thanks.

maggiegrace1

Is this before or after we go to Kristen's house? :lookaroun :lol:

That never gets old!

Exactly. I hate Summer weather. Makes you feel dirty all the time...and I must shower at least 3 times a day in the summer :lol: :lookaroun
WHENEVER!..and I know...:lol:

Yes..hot, humid and gross...ewwww summer!:(

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
My Sister was at the World in 2001 with her grandson over from italy during that cold snap....they were miserable...but luckily they had winter gear from their initial visit to us the week before in CT.

sublimesting

I've lived in the southeast my whole life & dread this freezing cold. We arrive late Friday night & are scheduled to do the Sunrise Safari on Sunday morning. Think I'll call the IPO today to get that rescheduled. I can't take my kids out in the bitter cold for a prolonged time & risk us being sick the rest of the trip.

Don't worry about getting sick. Sickness does not develop overnight, it takes 7-10 days once infected. The key word there is infected...you must be infected to get sick, cold and wetness will not get one sick. So enjoy your safari.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom