Save the Adventurers Club

Disney_Freak429

Since its bumped already I can add that those of you excited for ConGaloosh 2010 registration is going to start on Dec. 1 already whaaaat?! Ya I know a bit early but something tells me the early bird catches the bear or something like that. Only details so far looks like all the perminante members of the club will be coming & there will be a speical script wirten just for ConGaloosh 2010. I can already feel my wallet getting lighter for a VIP package of some sort.

SGT623

The most depressing pictures ever :'-( WARNING!!! Images may be to intense for some viewers:

CIMG7369b.jpg

CIMG7379b.jpg

CIMG7372c.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
One of these days....
One of these days I'll find out who is responsible for this travesty.
And when I do....I'm gonna bring the pain.:fork:

vonpluto

The most depressing pictures ever :'-( WARNING!!! Images may be to intense for some viewers:

CIMG7379b.jpg

This is the place where we must sever . . .
You go thousands of miles my friend once forever . . .
Like the floating clouds we drift apart . . .
The sunset lingers like the feelings of my heart

Farewell to a Friend, attributed to 8th century poet Li Pai.

:(

NMBC1993

CIMG7369b.jpg

CIMG7379b.jpg

CIMG7372c.jpg

Wow, that was difficult to look at. I think as soon as I'm done here I'm going to crank up the blender for some home-made Kungaloosh drinks to help ease the pain.

jt04

Something cool will be going in that spot.And they can't expand on the S.E.A concept in a significant manner without reimagining everything. IMO.

MadHatterJr

I didn't discover the Club until a couple of years ago, and was very entranced by the amazing concept and atmosphere that it embodied. For a period of time, it was all i could talk about, and even tried to consider ideas stemmed from it that i could apply to my place of work (at the time it was a circus in a theme park in south Florida). I was very saddened to hear that it was closing at first. I understand the quandary that it may have cause. I myself avoided pleasure island for years due to my dislike of "drinking and dancing". I actually think that it's move to Hong Kong has a lot of great potential to further the Idea that the club embodied and make it more cohesive than it had become after Pleasure Island started changing. The Selfishness in me wants it to stay here forever so that it is more easily obtainable to me, but another part of me can't wait for the adventure in store when I go to Hong Kong and vist the new embodiment of the club there. I hope that there the club is brought into a light that others can see the amazing qualities that made it so special to many people. As sad as it is to see go, i look forward to seeing it in its new home.

As far as DTD and the shell of PI, it's hard to have a diffinitive idea as to weather or not it was the right decission, weather or not i will return, weather or not it will suck or be amazing. The future right now is uncertian, and that in itself excites me. All the potential to be great or fail is there because it is unknown. All i can do is sit back an wait to see what is beyond the horizon for the vacant venues at PI and hope that the unique qualities in formaly embodied are transmitted to it new ideas.

Jason is unsure and likes it

CaptainMichael

Something cool will be going in that spot.And they can't expand on the S.E.A concept in a significant manner without reimagining everything. IMO.

Nothing cooler than the Adventurers Club can ever take that spot. Impossible unless it turns into a fountain of free money.

71jason

Whatever goes in there, it won't be S.E.A. Imagineering is through with attractions with elaborate back-stories released to the public (back-story is still there, just kept internal). Ironically, it was PI that killed that idea--for all the plaques and what-not, maybe 0.0001% of visitors "got" what it was all about.

jt04

Whatever goes in there, it won't be S.E.A. Imagineering is through with attractions with elaborate back-stories released to the public (back-story is still there, just kept internal). Ironically, it was PI that killed that idea--for all the plaques and what-not, maybe 0.0001% of visitors "got" what it was all about.

I wasn't suggesting SEA would go there. Rather I am suggesting it will go into the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom