Ellen's Energy Adventure refurbishment in 2009

gus ghost

Feel the glow...

here we go...

through the UNIVERSE OF ENERGY!!!

Maybe they'll fix the darned curtains in Theater 2.

And get the lava going again...

And make the ending more climatic and exciting...

And reinstall the Kinetic Mosaic...

And bring back the awesome theme song...

*sigh*
u
The lava doesn't work anymore? That was my favorite part!

retlaw1

I've always been disappointed in the new version, and LOVED the original even when I was 7. The Radok blocks were amazing, the mirrored light show at the end was incredible, and the the old pavilion actually focused on science. Now Ellen just glosses over the energy science for lame jokes.

Any rehab that brings more science and less edutainment back to the Universe of Energy wins in my book. I can only keep my fingers crossed for a Radok return at some point in the future.

aladdin2007

Disney is actually spending money to refurb an un-sponsored attraction? Funny, I don't see pigs flying.

I dont see pigs flying either, but maybe just maybe a sponsor has signed on?? I know thats a long shot during these times especially but.....also that is probably enough of a time closure to add in a new film or updated video? I dont know. I thought for sure Imagination would come first but Energy is probably nothing drastic. Now if only they would finish sse for goodness sakes.

Mr.EPCOT

Disney is actually spending money to refurb an un-sponsored attraction? Funny, I don't see pigs flying.

I dont see pigs flying either, but maybe just maybe a sponsor has signed on?? I know thats a long shot during these times especially but.....also that is probably enough of a time closure to add in a new film or updated video? I dont know. I thought for sure Imagination would come first but Energy is probably nothing drastic. Now if only they would finish sse for goodness sakes.

I don't think so, the process to sign on a sponsor and create a new show to install (even if it was just replacing the movies and booting out Ellen) would take long enough that we would have heard rumors of it by now, and possibly even some sort of announcement.

Scooter

I just hope they build a new Ellen audio animatronic figure.

That one of her in the jungle is just about the worst piece of crap I've ever seen.

It looks like something a 4th grader would make in Art class.

Disney is famous for their state of the art audio animatronics. One of my favorite is the Wicked Witch in The Great Movie Ride.
The Ellen figure in Universe of Enegy is an embarrasement and if I were a Disney animator I would be so ashamed that I would blow it up on my day off.:eek:

Scar

It's obvious this is a "Love it or hate it" attraction.

Our family enjoys it but sometimes I wonder if it is more of enjoying the kitsch of it or the actual attraction.

EdHi

You know with me it has always come down to the same thing . . . THE FREAKIN' THEATER MOVES! No really, THE WHOLE THEATER MOVES! That and THERE ARE DINOSAURS! What more could you want?

Okay, so I'm easily impressed.

Mr.EPCOT

You know with me it has always come down to the same thing . . . THE FREAKIN' THEATER MOVES! No really, THE WHOLE THEATER MOVES!

Okay, so I'm easily impressed.

You're not the only one!

"...so in essence, you've been riding on sunshine throughout our show..."

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

Funny...That's what Siemens did to SSE. As soon as they bought the attraction it was given a sliiiight refurb.

And then a new version was instituted.

I guess we can expect Theater/Scene 3/1 to be dark, filled with glowing shapes and with touchscreens.

Think they will bring back "Feel the Flow?":lookaroun:ROFLOL:
I don't think so, the process to sign on a sponsor and create a new show to install (even if it was just replacing the movies and booting out Ellen) would take long enough that we would have heard rumors of it by now, and possibly even some sort of announcement.

Well, maybe they wanna keep is quiet? Heck, BLT is "NEWS!" to us.:lol:

Missing20K

That is an interesting point. With all the money that the oil companies were making in the last few years, I wonder if any approached Disney, or vice versa, about sponsoring the attraction. Could have tried to use it to stem the negative perception of the oil and gas industry that is so rampant in society today.

Or, what about one of the proponents of alternative energy, a T. Boone Pickens, comes to mind. The guy is trying so hard to push natural gas, and has gobs of money. He could put some of that money to work by teaming with Disney to re-create a classic attraction and the good PR that comes with that, as well as promoting his agenda of natural gas.

Or, and I feel this would be the most appropriate, and it seems this is a goal of the current attraction that it does not convey well, would be to edutain about the past energy solutions, the current situation, the need to diversify our energy sources, and how all of that needs to be integrated in order to create a sustainable, reusable energy industry. A company like BP comes to mind, mostly because they are trying to market themselves as pursuing alternative energy solutions. But any "green" or "alternative" energy company would do.

Has Disney had any discussions with any companies about becoming UoE's sponsor in the last few years? Anyone know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom