So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

Ismael Flores

fair enough its wdw 40th! there is gonna be some world celebration, but isnt the celebration more about MK?:shrug: surely this part would be receiving the most love, so before we think wider we should concentrate on where it all began. just a thought

I have a strong feeling that in a couple years there will be another Disney Park world wide celebration or at least something that combines the MK's 40the along with Disneyland 55th.

It happend for the very important 50th celebration of Disneyland park and Jay Rasulo loves it that way.

Oh and Benny just as a note because i have noticed that many people confuse Disney's history but the MK was not where the Magic began. The MK will be celebrating its 40th in a few years Disneyland park in Anaheim is already going to celebrate its 55th anniversary. The Anaheim par is the one that Walt Disney himself designed and envisioned originally.:)

Ismael Flores

Well, that show building, while beautiful, would certainly have to be changed to fit in MK. That design is specific for the makeover of DCA and fits with the new theming there. I would love to see it housed in a Mermaid Lagoon like at DisneySea. That area is in-freaking-credible in person. Wishful thinking I know.

The building in the artwork was specially designed for DCA. It is the direction of theming that will take shape in the northern area of the Paradise Pier bay. It also helps in theming with the now in construction new wing of the grand California hotel.

The mermaid attraction for the Magic Kingdom in Orlando will have a more whimsical look so that it fits the fantasyland area. It will most likely be a combination of Tony Baxters original design for Paris and Tokyo's mermaid lagoon

EPCOT Explorer

I have a strong feeling that in a couple years there will be another Disney Park world wide celebration or at least something that combines the MK's 40the along with Disneyland 55th.

It happend for the very important 50th celebration of Disneyland park and Jay Rasulo loves it that way.

Oh and Benny just as a note because i have noticed that many people confuse Disney's history but the MK was not where the Magic began. The MK will be celebrating its 40th in a few years Disneyland park in Anaheim is already going to celebrate its 55th anniversary. The Anaheim par is the one that Walt Disney himself designed and envisioned originally.:)

:eek:

Most interesting!:lol:

LongtimeReader

Man I am geeking out so much right now! And if it is Journey...well let's just say I may be the first in line. I just hope they add to the coaster portion if they bring it here.

There's no coaster, it's basically Test Track with a drop and a shorter high speed section. MUCH prettier though. :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Keeping my fingers crossed for some AC resurrection in the AK expansion! Looking forward to The Little Mermaid too! The concept art looks awesome.

While any Adventurers Club revival would be welcome, having it in a park wouldn't give it the very best chance for success. It needs to be in a place that is easily accessible, not everyone will want to venture all the way into a park to visit it. Also consider that it would be restricted to Guests who have theme park admission, preventing people like conventioneers who might not be visiting the parks at all. Especially for a park as remote as Animal Kingdom, it would not be worth all of the effort to get there. Animal Kingdom Lodge would be slightly better, but still fairly time-consuming to get to from most of Walt Disney World. If it were to not be at Downtown Disney, I would say that the Polynesian would be an ideal locale for its return, perhaps on the TTC end. It could easily fit the theme and be easily accessible for a decent portion of WDW Guests (especially for the conventioneers at the Contemporary). An alternative, radical idea would be to nestle an upsized Adventurers Club just outside the International Gateway at EPCOT. There is already a bus/tram turnaround there, they could easily start providing bus service from the Resorts. They wouldn't have to run anywhere near as often, and could serve double duty for those visiting the Adventurers Club and as service for Guests who want to enter World Showcase rather than Future World. The Club would have to be more of a major attraction to justify this, though. There'd certainly have to be a lot more of a marketing push behind it. The fanboy in me would love to see it part of Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom, and have entrances from both within and outside the park (maybe down the Walk Around the World to nowhere?). But I know how impractical that would be, and having the alcohol available right there would be a little weird.

FormerHMButler

My Theorys

Here's my theories for the 40th based on what I've heard from friends and rumors swirling around the parks...

EPCOT-New country where Africa is or in between the UK Pavilion and Canada.

Animal Kingdom-New area, light show/parade on the water.

Hollywood Studios-Monsters Inc. roller coaster, Enchanted show, Star Tours 2, Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride.

Magic Kingdom-The Little Mermaid (E-Ticket), new Space Mountain, new fireworks, new parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom