So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

Lee

Adventurer
My vote for Lee's hint: Ride - Mermaid, Land - Cars.

Half rignt.:D

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that the two things I mentioned would be all that was happening. Just the two things from my understanding that are most close to getting underway.

Pete C

DCA's expansion press release specifically mentions that Radiator Springs Racers would be an E-Ticket ride. They did not make such a claim for Little Mermaid though it listed a big budget. I wonder why they didn't specifically call LM an E-Ticket while pointing that out for RSR?

Either way, I would hope all Disney fans would be salivating over the idea of a new traditional omnimover dark ride like LM coming. These are the classic Disney-style rides that are part of what gives Disney its charm.

As for it being a clone, I wish WDW had clones of every major ride at every Disney park in the world. I'm sorry it just makes sense not to waste R&D by putting a ride in one park when major rides generate so much buzz and revenue.

As for the new land, I'd have to go with Animal Kingdom getting some type of new land.

MousDad

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that the two things I mentioned would be all that was happening. Just the two things from my understanding that are most close to getting underway.

You're killing me, now.

Ride - MI coaster, Land - Mermaid

or

Ride - Mermaid, Land - something in DAK

or

Ride - MI coaster, Land - MK TL redo

Survey Said? :lookaroun

stitch2008

The Little Mermaid attraction would be a great addition to MK. An attraction in World Showcase would be nice. I remember there was talk of a rapids ride in the Canada pavilon a while back. I'm still hoping for the Imagination re-do though. Monster INC. coaster could be cool, and I think the new land would be going to AK. Thats just my thoughts.

NewfieFan

If a Little Mermaid attraction were build in the Magic Kingdom, it would probably be a copy of the forthcoming Little Mermaid dark ride at Disney's California Adventure.

I think he's referring to the Little Mermaid ride which is scheduled to open in Disney's california adventure. Here's newly released concept artwork of that ride:

Disneyland9-16-08297.jpg

Disneyland9-16-08298.jpg

Thanks to BFJen from MiceChat.

Thank you to both of you! If that is indeed what is coming (or something similar) I'm very excited! Guys, Little Mermaid is hot right now... I can see this being super popular! I can't wait to see what they do with it...

Pete C

Well, that show building, while beautiful, would certainly have to be changed to fit in MK. That design is specific for the makeover of DCA and fits with the new theming there. I would love to see it housed in a Mermaid Lagoon like at DisneySea. That area is in-freaking-credible in person. Wishful thinking I know.

bennyw01

fair enough its wdw 40th! there is gonna be some world celebration, but isnt the celebration more about MK?:shrug: surely this part would be receiving the most love, so before we think wider we should concentrate on where it all began. just a thought

TP2000

Based on what we know is coming to Disneyland, and using Lee's hints, I vote for WDW's 2011 additions to be:

Ride - Little Mermaid
Land - Pixar Place new coaster and expansion
Parade - Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams from Disneyland

olmec26

I really hope the new land is in DAK...it probably won't be Beastly Kingdom, but I would love for something new there. Maybe in the Camp Minnie-Mickey space? Just move FotLK to Africa, it fits in there...

jt04

I am hoping there is something new in every park for the 40th. Personally I would like to see them complete the SM refurb (done well) and Little Mermaid added (as part of the rumored major Fantasyland makeover).

Epcot needs something new in WS (country or ride).

DHS-new coaster to Pixar Place and new Star Tours.

AK- New immersive FotLK "theater-in-the round" in Africa and even more important.....

.....the shutting down of CMM for "future expansion" and the announcement of the new land as part of the 40th anniversary kickoff:sohappy:

PBarton

Oh, heck, it's 2 in the morning and I'm fading fast, but I'll do what I can for ya....

When Disneyland opened in 1955 you had to buy individual tickets to go on each ride. The cheapest, smallest rides were A Tickets and they cost a dime. The middle tier rides were B Tickets, and the "big rides" on Disneyland's opening day like Jungle Cruise and the Mark Twain were C Tickets. In 1956 Walt opened the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland and it was even fancier than the Jungle Cruise and so the D Ticket was introduced. A through D Tickets existed through 1958. Then, in June 1959 a big expansion of Disneyland opened with the debut of the Matterhorn Bobsleds, the Submarine Voyage, and the Disneyland Monorail. All three of these rides were bigger and more lavish than anything prior, and the famous E Ticket was introduced and neccesary for gaining admission to the three new rides. All three of those rides still exist at Disneyland today, although they have been dramatically improved and changed over the last 49 years. They are all definitely still E Tickets!

From 1959 onward the E Ticket was the top tier admission ticket to the biggest and best rides at Disneyland. The term "E Ticket" entered the American lexicon in the 1960's because of it, meaning something really good. When Walt Disney World opened in 1971 they used the same ticketing setup as Disneyland, and the E Tickets at the Magic Kingdom were the big fancy rides like the Haunted Mansion, the Submarine Voyage, It's A Small World, etc.

When Epcot opened in 1982 the individual ride tickets were phased out at Disney parks in favor of an all-inclusive "passport". By the mid 1980's the individual tickets disappeared on both coasts, and only passports were used to enter the park and then allow you to ride as many rides as you could as many times as you wanted. No tickets required.

But the term "E Ticket" remains, and is used to indicated an attraction that is the fanciest, most thrilling, or most elaborate ride at a Disney theme park. :wave:
Isn't is about time that we had an "F Ticket" Ride?!?

:lookaroun

yeti

How about Ride: Mermaid, Land: Pixar Place?

I've got a second guess if I'm wrong.

krankenstein

Based on what we know is coming to Disneyland, and using Lee's hints, I vote for WDW's 2011 additions to be:

Ride - Little Mermaid
Land - Pixar Place new coaster and expansion
Parade - Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams from Disneyland

I think you are right. I'm not sure about the parade though.

Lee

Adventurer
How about Ride: Mermaid, Land: Pixar Place?

I've got a second guess if I'm wrong.

Crap...why beat around the bush?
Ride = Mermaid. Pretty much a done deal.

Expansion = AK. Bulldozers and whatnot, coming in '09.

:D

macsmom

Can't tell you anything about announcments...but you can expect to see dirt begin being pushed around within the next 8 months at one park for sure.
Quite possibly two.
:D

You are just too cool for words! Your...hints...always make my day. Gives me something to look forward to, but doesn't make me go overboard with anticipation. :)

danna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom