For those who can't be at the AC tonight: Kungaloosh Vicariously

Captain Hank

Original Poster
For those who can't be at the AC tonight: Kungaloosh Digitally

So, I have an idea. While I won't say that I was an Adventurer's Club "regular," I've been there a good number of times, and am pretty darn bummed at its impending closing. Furthermore, I'm also bummed that I won't be able to be there for the last night.

So, since I (along with many other AC fans on this board) won't be able to go to the AC...why can't the AC come to us--sort of. Over the past couple of days, I've been looking through various Youtube videos of the Club's shows. Which got me thinking--why not assemble the best videos into a schedule that mirrors the actual schedule of shows in the AC, and then all get together and watch them at the appropriate times as they happen in the real AC? Sort of a vicarious, digital Kungaloosh/Hoopla for those of us not currently in the WDW area.

Right now, I'm trying to track down a reasonably accurate schedule of events at the AC, then I'm going to go through and screen a variety of Youtube videos to pick the best ones.

So, what do you all think?

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Well, here's the best I could do as far as a schedule. I'm pretty sure that it's outdated (the last time this website was updated was in 2002), but it's pretty close from what I can remember

* 8:15 New Member Induction (in the Salon)
* 8:45 Radio show -Tales of the Adventures Club
* 9:35 Balderdash Cup
* 10:20 Radiation
* 10:55 Samantha's Cabaret
* 12:10 Maid Sing-a-Long (only certain nights)
* 12:40 HOOPLA! (if no Maid sing-a-long, the Hoopla begins at 12:20 am)

I'll be filling the schedule in with shows from the Treasure and Mask rooms, along with some general randomness in the Main Salon. Incidentally, if anyone can provide a better schedule, let me know.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Okay, here's the schedule for tonight's digital Adventurer's Club. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much for Samantha's Cabaret, so I fudged a few things around. I also took just a few liberties with the Hoopla. There also seems to be almost a complete dearth of Babylonia footage, so I did the best I could. Sadly, I could find nothing of the Yakoose.

Please note that the various videos don't necessarily take up the full time until the next "event." This is partially to account for slow load times...and partially because (sadly) there isn't quite as much AC media out there as I'd hoped. (It also allows for convenient bathroom breaks) However, this should suffice in providing a fond farewell to the Club. So, mix up a Kungaloosh (or, in my case, a Babylonia's Brew) and come on in through the Zebra Mezzanine.

Enjoy, and Kungaloosh! :wave:

WDWFigment

Captain Hank, a sincere thanks for assembling that list. While I am sad that we were not able to make it down there tonight, we had a great last time in August. I hope all who are there tonight have a great time.

I guess the only upside to this is that this happened in the age of high def, digital video, and YouTube. I only wish the same were true for the original Journey into Imagination. (Of course, 10 years from now, will people be saying, gosh, I wish the last Adventurer's Club videos would have been shot in --insert new format here-- so their quality was better!). I will be watching for videos of tonight later this week...

figmentmom

OMG, what a riot!!!! :ROFLOL: Not quite as good as actually being there, but definitely better than not seeing them at all! Thank you, Captain Hank, for posting those links! :sohappy:

Disneyson 1

What did the ship in a bottle look like?

P.S. Who's Imagineer's sick mind came up with Snow White possessing the Colonel? It. Was. HILARIOUS! This is awesome! What's Pamelia and Babylonia?

Captain Hank

Original Poster
What did the ship in a bottle look like?

P.S. Who's Imagineer's sick mind came up with Snow White possessing the Colonel? It. Was. HILARIOUS! This is awesome! What's Pamelia and Babylonia?
:D Great clip, eh? Not sure what led the spirit of Snow White to posess the good Colonel, but it was likely a spur-of-the-moment thing.

And the Pamelia and Babylonia is a brief interaction between Club President Pamelia Perkins and Babylonia, Goddess of Women and All Things Fertile.

Disneyson 1

Love the president! Once again, what did the ship in a bottle look like? Also, was there anything more to the pigeon thing than sounds?

828tnt

just wanted to chime in with my most sincere thank you! i'll be watching these for a while- trying not to feel so sad.......

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Love the president! Once again, what did the ship in a bottle look like? Also, was there anything more to the pigeon thing than sounds?
Nope, nothing more than sound effects for the pigeons (and the lights flickering whenever Rodan stomped his feet). Let me see if I can find a good video of the ship in the bottle.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Nope, nothing more than sound effects for the pigeons (and the lights flickering whenever Rodan stomped his feet). Let me see if I can find a good video of the ship in the bottle.
Sorry, I'm having trouble locating pictures or video of the sinking ship at the moment. I'm sure they exist...just not in the places that I'm looking.

Edit: and it's time for the Radiothon--by far my favorite Club event, particularly the roll call at the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom