Who's tired of Imagination rumors that don't come true?

Where do you stand on Imagination rumors?

• Give me more. It's the most interesting and talked about thing here.

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • No more. Unless it's officially announced, WHO CARES!

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • I've had enough. I don't even care about the update anymore.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Who gave a flip to begin with. Imagination sucks.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I've been a member here for over 3 years. That's three years of Imagination updating rumors. None of which have held water YET! I'm totally discouraged to even open another rumor thread that holds NOTHING but poeple saying that they hear things are on the table or in a holding pattern. Yet nothing does ever come about.

Will this ever change?

Is somebody just yanking our chains?

Do I even care anymore?

I don't know, but I get more disinterested each time a "rumor" shows up.

This is the one change that really made me come to this site on a regular basis to begin with. But the action continues to be the same. Nothing, followed by empty hints, followed by nothing, followed by nothing.

What do you think?

CaptainMichael

I think it's finally going to happen, as it's the most obvious pavillion in need of an update. The 3-D show is showing its age and is based on a property no longer relevant. The main attraction, if done right, can eat up and attract families. It's also a perfect tie-in for the 40th anniversary especially with the success of recent retro merchandise.

I see UoE getting an update after the U.S. gets a handle on the energy crisis and decides on a new direction.

I've just remembered WoL, but it works well for F&W and F&G.

FigmentJedi

I'm all for hearing more, it at least sounds like they're seriously considering it and like STR8FAN2005 said, an update is inevitable with that movie's age...

It's really something for me to be optimistic about the parks too. At least a lot of people here might actually agree that bringing Dreamfinder is a good idea as opposed to the Broken Base that's come out of people disagreeing on a lot of the stuff recently to come out of Imagineering and the constant cries of WDW being RUINED FOREVER to take a term from the Transformers fandom...
Of course, there's bound to be some arguments considering how high the bar is raised for this eventual new version to finally fix Figment's home after 10 years without DF.

Rob562

I didn't vote in the poll (no options that really match how I think), but as a comparison, look at how long Haunted Mansion refurb rumors and speculation swirled around before something finally happened...

-Rob

The Empress Lilly

Rumours are fun! One just needs to bear in mind that they are just that: rumours.

Holding one's breath for three years, waiting for an unconfirmed project to happen isn't fun, I agree. But speculation does become a great pasttime if one distinguishes between mere wishful thinking, bus driver inside knowledge, rumours, blue sky projects, internet fads, insiders shooting their mouths off, Disney leaking plans to test responses, 'leaking' wannabe insiders, etcetera.

One just needs to critically evaluate the source. And then speculation is great, nerdy fun.

The Empress Lilly

I am sorry some fans are disappointed in the delayed Imagination refurb. I can assure everyone that we are in the closing stages of our planning. As soon as negotiations with our sponsor have reached a conclusion, work on the Imagination pavilion will commence. Unfortunately, I am not at liberty to discuss our planned improvements to the pavilion.

Me, I am high up at WDI. Sorry, but I can't share my function here. All I am able to share is a confirmation that we will soon announce our massive 40th anniversary expansion plan: 'Four Decades of Dreams'. Four coasters, one each for each park, to celebrate each decade. Fire Mountain in MK, Mount Fuji in Epcot, Dragon Coaster in AK and Monsters Coaster in DHS.

EPCOT Explorer

I REALLY believe it's happening considering what I saw in the park yesterday...WDI walking around with papers...It was interesting to say the least.

hokielutz

Me, I am high up at WDI. Sorry, but I can't share my function here. All I am able to share is a confirmation that we will soon announce our massive 40th anniversary expansion plan: 'Four Decades of Dreams'. Four coasters, one each for each park, to celebrate each decade. Fire Mountain in MK, Mount Fuji in Epcot, Dragon Coaster in AK and Monsters Coaster in DHS.

I'll believe the Imagination refurb, but I can't seriously buy into the 4 E-ticket, coaster expansion that you talk about until something is made official. Its just too big, too fast for Disney's recent history.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sigh... in a nutshell:

Imag needs a rehab. Budget is a joke. WDI hold back. Imag still needs a rehab. Budget is a joke. Seas needs a rehab too. Seas budget is a joke. Seas borrows Imags refurb budget to supplement its own. Seas needs it. Seas is a success. Dark ride is a winner. Imag sees Seas (!) is a winner. Budget grows for Imag. WDI plus plans on the back of Seas and Mexico dark rides. WDI & Kodak know they need to get Imag v4 right. Imag budget grows some more. Ideas are moved around to make Imag ride v4 the best possible. Things finally fall into place.

To the OP, all the previous ideas did hold water, but nothing was made public because they wern`t good enough. They were more than rumour but they lacked funding. Yes, it has taken 4 years of hard work but the end is nigh. It takes a lot to excite me as you know, but if what I`m told from several sources comes to fruition it`ll be worth the wait. And the pain of version 2. Almost. :D

The Empress Lilly

I'll believe the Imagination refurb, but I can't seriously buy into the 4 E-ticket, coaster expansion that you talk about until something is made official. Its just too big, too fast for Disney's recent history.
Sorry, it was an attempt at humour. Trying my hand at starting my own little rumour. ;)

For the record, none of it is true.

EPCOT Explorer

Sigh... in a nutshell:

Imag needs a rehab. Budget is a joke. WDI hold back. Imag still needs a rehab. Budget is a joke. Seas needs a rehab too. Seas budget is a joke. Seas borrows Imags refurb budget to supplement its own. Seas needs it. Seas is a success. Dark ride is a winner. Imag sees Seas (!) is a winner. Budget grows for Imag. WDI plus plans on the back of Seas and Mexico dark rides. WDI & Kodak know they need to get Imag v4 right. Imag budget grows some more. Ideas are moved around to make Imag ride v4 the best possible. Things finally fall into place.

To the OP, all the previous ideas did hold water, but nothing was made public because they wern`t good enough. They were more than rumour but they lacked funding. Yes, it has taken 4 years of hard work but the end is nigh. It takes a lot to excite me as you know, but if what I`m told from several sources comes to fruition it`ll be worth the wait. And the pain of version 2. Almost. :D

WOOHOO!

Thanks!

WDWFigment

Definitely not the most interesting thing discussed here, but when verifiably connected people like Lee and Martin discuss it in such favorable ways, I can't help but get excited.

However, I do doubt the actual "connectedness" of some others who promulgate the rumors regarding JII...

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Definitely not the most interesting thing discussed here, but when verifiably connected people like Lee and Martin discuss it in such favorable ways, I can't help but get excited.

However, I do doubt the actual "connectedness" of some others who promulgate the rumors regarding JII...
But the attachment to the end of each comment from Lee, Martin, and many others here is always that "pieces are in place", "just waiting for the green light", "budget needs to be approved", or some other nonsense that puts it right up there in the Blue Sky category. I'm sure there are plenty of enhancement ideas for most attractions. It's just that they are never finalized.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Sigh... in a nutshell:

Excellent abridged version Martin!

I personally welcome all rumors because it gives die hard JII fans hope. If nobody cared about the pavillion there wouldn't be such a focus on rumors and speculation. The more buzz surrounding it, the better it will be in the long run. As long as people care and continue to care we can only expect good things to come out of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom