Contemporary Tidbits 5/25/08

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Some recent noteworthy items from the Resort-formerly-and-briefly-known-as-Tempo-Bay-but-changed-before-it-even-opened-because-Roy-Disney-didn't-like-that-name:

-A third section of the elevated walkway is up, extending almost all the way to the non-tower. It looks like the the first set of suspension cables have gone up, too. There is now a construction wall around the northeast corner of the Concourse observation deck where the walkway will come in.

-The second section of new landscaping in the parking lot area is more or less done, with new palm trees, etc. The "Dixie Cup" trees are gone, with a construction tarp with printed images of the trees surrounding the area.

-A new construction wall is up in the lobby towards the convention center entrance for the new permanent location of the Contemporary Grounds coffee bar. When it opens, they'll also be baking fresh pastries and such. Yum!

-Construction has ramped up to a furious pace on The Wave as they race to finish. The wall blocking the entrance was removed, replaced with simple black curtains. I've gotten a couple of peeks in there, it's looking good! Reservations are now being taken for dinner for dates starting June 7th, and all three meal periods starting the next day June 8th. More likely than not, in the interim week or so between when the Concourse Steakhouse closes on the 31st and The Wave opens, breakfast will be served at the California Grill and lunch at Chef Mickey's (no characters) to pick up the slack. This should be on a walk-in basis only, no reservations available.

-There is a brand new Chase ATM in the Grand Canyon Concourse, on the wall between the Monorail station elevator and the restrooms. The one on the backside of the escalators in the lobby is closed for some kind of refurbishment.

-The locks on all of the doors are being replaced with newer, more advanced models. They feature sounds instead of the little light. It's also possible that there will be new keys that have the Contemporary logo and a picture of the Resort, but I don't know how for sure that is.

I think that covers just about everything that is going on, see you at the always new and exciting Contemporary Resort Hotel!

jt04

It's not too expensive... :lookaroun

But remember, if WDW can attract enough "high rollers", and they are building facilities to attract them, we all win with new and better attractions. Now what did I do with my value resort reservations?:lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

But remember, if WDW can attract enough "high rollers", and they are building facilities to attract them, we all win with new and better attractions. Now what did I do with my value resort reservations?:lookaroun

:lol: But even the Values are amazing. I do save up to stay at the Contemporary and I'm probably going to stay a few days next year for my 15th Anniversary. It's just such a cool hotel - especially the MK side.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster

That just gave me a great idea, the next Value Resort should be "Money"-themed, with huge coins and diamonds and stuff, maybe have dollar bill pools! :lol:

sweetpee_1993

That just gave me a great idea, the next Value Resort should be "Money"-themed, with huge coins and diamonds and stuff, maybe have dollar bill pools! :lol:
:lol:
Oh come on...you know the next themed value resort will be....((drum roll, please))....more pirates. :lol:

I love the Contemporary. My stay there was a bit of a let down but not because of the lack of interesting architecture, cool design, gorgeous views, and amazing location. I hope to stay there again someday. :animwink:

GymLeaderPhil

Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin Resort. Your room is a la carte. Start with the base price of the room then add extras like beds and running water. Be sure to add the hopper option!

Disneykidder

Sounds like a Richie Rich pool. He did have a dollar sign pool...hehe.

There are so many resorts i'd love to try. Contemporary would be great being that close to the MK!! We love the MK!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom