Elsewhere in DHS, AFI reopens (and no one cares)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majortom1981

hmm

I might get blasted for this but that was a waste and i agree with Merf. Does that part of the ride require a staff to operate? Maybe they had staffing issues?

I did stage crew in college and also go to do it for victor victoria and if a college play can build a three story set with only three people in a week and a prof play can setup a whole play in 12 hours then it shouldnt take disney 30 days to do that.

wannab@dis

So, you know they didn't update the fire supression system, didn't have HVAC work to do, they didn't need to add a new circuit for power, etc. Sometimes, you can't see what's done.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So, you know they didn't update the fire supression system, didn't have HVAC work to do, they didn't need to add a new circuit for power, etc. Sometimes, you can't see what's done.

Exactly. Its far more liekly that something out of guest view was done, and during the downtime they took the opportunity to switch a few displays. Assuming those displays took the full 30 days is just looking to complain, as usual.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Think i'm being too harsh? Real museums move whole gallery installations in and out within days. This building is pre-built as a gallery space with lights and everything ready to go. All they did was move some stuff around and put a few costumes in cases - oh and added the big pirates prop/set. That should not have taken 30 days.
YES! :rolleyes:

i love how when someone gets upset, everyone has to step in and be the hero and try and justify their existence on this planet. like...

"of course it took 30 days. they had to move the snufffufflin and try and accurately rotate the airblidgerin 200 degrees, and we all know how hard that is. chill out, merf! god, always trying to be negative"

god, why does everyone think this way? This refurb took 30 days, and things still aren't working and it was obviously half-a**ed. To be honest, that entire attraction is half a**ed. Oh well. Hopefully in 10 years that space will be used for some high tech attraction and we will all be happy.

also, people stop being harsh on merf. its rude and not welcome here. no one cares that you know about museums or that you think people should chill. you guys should chill, and be happy. hakuna matata.
Merf chooses to be over-the-top cynical and whiney because he likes controversy. He baits others into following him into his pathetic morass of negativity and revels in the backlash. And then a Merf fanboy leaps to his defence and he giggles at that too because you're equally in his thrall.

I generally ignore his text and appreciate his pictures. He isn't remotely worth expending any effort on beyond that.

ms7479a

also, people stop being harsh on merf. its rude and not welcome here. no one cares that you know about museums or that you think people should chill. you guys should chill, and be happy. hakuna matata.

I think you misunderstood me. I was not trying to be harsh in any way. I was just trying to explain that there are reasons why it may have been closed for 30 days. I appreciate all that merf does for these forums and especially enjoy his updates.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Exactly. Its far more liekly that something out of guest view was done, and during the downtime they took the opportunity to switch a few displays. Assuming those displays took the full 30 days is just looking to complain, as usual.

They'd have to file permits to do any such work. No such permits were filed. Thus, no such work was done.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They'd have to file permits to do any such work. No such permits were filed. Thus, no such work was done.

Depends what the work was, and also how things are filed. Despite what you think, you dont see EVERYTHING that is done on your permit searches.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yippeeee another quality post from the merfster. Informative, visually appealing, while allowing the same old tree felling implements to be sharpened and an opportunity for his booster club to pucker up and plant one.

A snap I caught of Merf as he exited SSE.............

tl-attention_seeker_shirt.jpg

kimmychad

Yippeeee another quality post from the merfster. Informative, visually appealing, while allowing the same old tree felling implements to be sharpened and an opportunity for his booster club to pucker up and plant one.

A snap I caught of Merf as he exited SSE.............

tl-attention_seeker_shirt.jpg

thanks pumbas i laughed out loud at that pic

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
It is implied from other's posts that if indeed all that was done was moving the boxes around and putting new things in them, then they concur that 30 days is an excessive amount of time for next to nothing.

They feel more was done.

However, we have no permits for more work (though we have permits for new sink drains and bathroom partitions) and photos of next to nothing being done.

I think the burden of proof now firmly lies with those who think more was done.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
It is implied from other's posts that if indeed all that was done was moving the boxes around and putting new things in them, then they concur that 30 days is an excessive amount of time for next to nothing.

They feel more was done.

However, we have no permits for more work (though we have permits for new sink drains and bathroom partitions) and photos of next to nothing being done.

Maybe the work wasn't done by Disney but AFI? Could AFI have brought in some archivists/restorationists to clean and continue to preserve the props and costumes? They wouldn't need a permit for that, the results would likely go unnoticed, and it could take quite a bit of time. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

They feel more was done.

No burden of proof anywhere. I'm not really interested. AFI is back open, no point in arguing about timescales.

BIG news of yesterday was TSM, which has opened and seems to be being enjoyed by all. I'd rather spend my time looking at that.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
No burden of proof anywhere. I'm not really interested. AFI is back open, no point in arguing about timescales.

BIG news of yesterday was TSM, which has opened and seems to be being enjoyed by all. I'd rather spend my time looking at that.

Actually, Toy Story MIDWAY Mania opened to Cast Members with the premise of no videos or photography.

It is not open to the public nor accessible to guests. It has zero impact on the guest experience, yet guests were free to explore this area.

I did make a post about Toy Story MIDWAY Mania being open to the cast, but you chose to delete it. Then you posted several of your own threads about Toy Story Mania.

I think there's a level of action pointing to a "me me me" mentality and it's not mine. steve, you're more then welcome to grow a spine and say i'm not welcome here.

Stitchon

steve, you're more then welcome to grow a spine and say i'm not welcome here.

Whoa. Was that really needed?

Now back onto the exhibit.... It's true that backstage stuff was done, but just because it's not listed on a website doesn't mean it's not there. And it's too bad that the AFI exhibit isn't as attended as it was 3 years ago, but I guess they might get the hint that it's time to put something REALLY new inside.

EPCOT Explorer

Merf has the right to have an opinion. And no,I'm not one of the giggling fanboys.I rarely get into one of these foolish arguments we have on the boards.However,30 days to do that?We should have seen at least some improvements.

And if you all think he does this for attention why do you give it to him by posting equally foolish and hurtful things?Some of you aught to read a little into your own posts and thoughts.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom