General questions about Boardwalk

epcotisbest

Hi all,
We will be staying in a Studio Unit at the Boardwalk Villas in May for 7 nights. I am so excited. Can you give me any hints about room views, things to see like the Yatch & Beach Club, walkways to Epcot & The Studios, landscaping etc...and some hints about the dining plan? One main question about the dinging plan - Can one person use the dining plan at a particular resturant and the other person pay with cash (as she tends to eat smaller portions) then save up some of her credits for Signature Dining? Or do we both have to use our credits together at the same time? I know we would need to do this at buffets, but what about regular table-service places?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Ricky

tigsmom

We didn't stay at the Villas, but at the Inn. Its a very nice area and being able to walk over to EPCOT was a big plus for my then 17 y/o (and us as well). We took the boat to MGM, but I understand you can walk over there too, but we really enjoyed the ride. The pool was great fun and usually crowded, but this was during the August heat. :lol: We had a nice room in the Inn...top floor just above the Flying Fish that had some nice views from the balcony.

One night we went to the Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner (very nice, signature I believe and with a business casual dress code) and then walked around the lake back to the Inn. My youngest and I took one of the surry bikes out for an afternoon ride...fun, but go with somebody who has strong leg muscles because those hills can be a killer. :lookaroun

We haven't used the DDP, but I believe that you can use the credits and another person can pay cash as they see fit; I'm sure somebody will be along who know more. Its a very nice resort and our only problem was the food choices, my kids are picky and didn't really like too much that was offered except at ESPN and the Big River Grill.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Yes, you can have one person use the dining plan and the other person pay cash. I did this last year when my brother's family was on the dining plan and I wasn't and we all ate together, so when we sat down I would tell the waitress that my check was going to be separate as I was paying cash and not on the plan. They had no problem doing that.

We stayed at the boardwalk inn and had a great time. We went to the Yachtsman steak house, it's one of my favorite places, and as far as the business casual dress code goes, they are very liberal about it. I had on a dress pair of shorts with a polo shirt and my nephew had shorts too and we had no problems and weren't seated in the back corner or anything. There were many people dressed similarly, so they are just trying to keep out the tank top, flip flop wearing crowd that look like they have been through the wringer.

The beach club has Beaches & Cream ice cream parlor and if you have enough people might want to get the Kitchen Sink. We had ice cream there twice during our stay, but because it was only two of us we couldn't get it because we would have not even been able to put a dent in that thing. I did see a family with 4 teenage boys finish it though.

Upvote 0

wendysmom

We like staying at the Boardwalk. It's fun to wander around at night, the pool is decent and the best part for us is being able to walk into both Epcot and MGM! It's about a 10" or so walk from MGM and it sure beats waiting for the boat at night. My husband likes the Cape May seafood buffet over in the Yacht and Beach Club. I think you'll enjoy your stay.:D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yes, you can have one person use the dining plan and the other person pay cash. I did this last year when my brother's family was on the dining plan and I wasn't and we all ate together, so when we sat down I would tell the waitress that my check was going to be separate as I was paying cash and not on the plan. They had no problem doing that.

We stayed at the boardwalk inn and had a great time. We went to the Yachtsman steak house, it's one of my favorite places, and as far as the business casual dress code goes, they are very liberal about it. I had on a dress pair of shorts with a polo shirt and my nephew had shorts too and we had no problems and weren't seated in the back corner or anything. There were many people dressed similarly, so they are just trying to keep out the tank top, flip flop wearing crowd that look like they have been through the wringer.

The beach club has Beaches & Cream ice cream parlor and if you have enough people might want to get the Kitchen Sink. We had ice cream there twice during our stay, but because it was only two of us we couldn't get it because we would have not even been able to put a dent in that thing. I did see a family with 4 teenage boys finish it though.

You were wearing clothes within the dress code... (as posted on allears)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upscale resort restaurants change dress code to Business Casual!

No hats, swim suits, swim suit coveralls, tank tops, T-shirts, torn clothing or flip-flops. You can wear - dress shorts, pants, jean pants, collared shirts, blouses, sweaters, pants.

Restaurants now requiring Business Casual include: Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge), California Grill (Contemporary), Citricos and Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian), Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Flying Fish (Boardwalk), and Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club).

While we were there a family came in for dinner wearing what they had worn to the parks all day (and they looked like it :lookaroun ) they were given the opportunity to go change, but were not staying closeby. They were seated in the farthest corner in the smaller room near a very loud large party. I'm not saying this will always happen, but thats what we saw. Another family went to their rooms to change and apologized as they had forgotten about the change in policy. When we made our reservations we were told of the dress code... just our experience.

[/FONT]

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the input. We can hardly wait for May to get here. We have walked from the international gateway at Epcot over to the area but to just briefly to see the sights. Was really blown away by the pool at Y&BC. So just how big is this Kitchen Sink?
Ricky

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

You were wearing clothes within the dress code... (as posted on allears)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upscale resort restaurants change dress code to Business Casual! [/FONT]

Yes, but many people don't think that BC includes shorts and sneakers because they tend to base it on what could be worn in the workplace. I just felt that I might mention it.

Upvote 0

jcldtrek

first off love your avatar pic. i got 4 of those dogs :). Boardwalk is a very nice hotel. its also a small walk or boatride to epcot and mgm studios. if you both have the dining plan , you can use them seperately with no problem. so if you wanna use yours for a sit down dinner and she doesn't , she just wants a appetizer then theres no problem. their yours to use however you want too. have a great time there.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Original Poster
first off love your avatar pic. i got 4 of those dogs :). Boardwalk is a very nice hotel. its also a small walk or boatride to epcot and mgm studios. if you both have the dining plan , you can use them seperately with no problem. so if you wanna use yours for a sit down dinner and she doesn't , she just wants a appetizer then theres no problem. their yours to use however you want too. have a great time there.

Yeah, our Pekingese is like our child. He is getting old now and moving much slower than he once did. Thanks for the BW info.
Ricky

Upvote 0

BadTigger

I just got back from the villas, I had a studio with a pool view, which meant the pool and the ugly Swan and Fish Resorts, if the other two resorts weren't there it would have been a really great view, but for the little time I spend in the room it didn't bother me, best thing is you can order room service from ESPN club!

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I just got back from the villas, I had a studio with a pool view, which meant the pool and the ugly Swan and Fish Resorts, if the other two resorts weren't there it would have been a really great view, but for the little time I spend in the room it didn't bother me, best thing is you can order room service from ESPN club!

Thanks for the info. Were you at the quiet pool or at Luna Park pool? How is the noise at the pools?
Ricky

Upvote 0

tampabrad

If I am not mistaken, the Kitchen sink is:

2 scoops of vanilla
2 scoops of chocolate
2 scoops of strawberry
2 scoops of mint choc chip
2 scoops of coffee
topped with hot fudge, caramel, peanut butter sauce, strawberry sauce, pineapple sauce, marshmellow, a full can of whipped cream, 2 snickers bars, a bunch of m & ms, peanut butter cups, almonds, bananas and cherries.

and it actually comes in a kitchen sink.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We used Luna during the summer and the pool was full, but the area was not very noisy even with the kids playing in the water and using the slide.

Thanks tigsmom, I think we will like the BWV no matter where our rooms are but quieter is better for us. Oh, I am a little freaked with the giant clown spitting out kids at Luna Park.
Ricky

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We stayed this August (06) and the rooms were lovely. The quiet pool was desreted post park and not too busy during the day. The Main pool was not much busier.

I didnt like the resort that much and found it cold and sterile. I wont be rushing to stay there again. I did love the location, and the Boardwalk itself was fun, but it just lacked something.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Here are some other links that may help.
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_bwv.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/g_bwv.htm

http://www.allearsnet.com/reviewpost/showproduct.php?product=11&sort=8&cat=3&page=1

We stayed there XMAS 2005 and loved it. We were near the pool and it was not noisy, but then again it was December. But its a great location, especially if you love EPCOT.

Even though we had only 4 adults we still ordered the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream for my birthday...didnt put much of a dent in it, but how fun and a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

http://allearsnet.com/btp/brdeat.htm

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bc.htm

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom