all star renovations?

kasey1988 said:
well he has been reprted because this is a disney website not a hate website towards people of lower economical status then himself

ALL his posts are like this, its his style, like it or not. The one thing this site dont need is tattle-tales.

Mr.Pickles

Account Suspended
lamarvenoy said:
Ignore Mr. Pickles anyone who would give themselves a phalic name like that then talk in 3rd person clearly has Freudian issues.

Hmmmmmm....Mr.Pickles refers to himself as Mr.Pickles simply because Mr.Pickles made his abundant fortune in...pickles. Mr.Pickles is not ashamed of that. As for why Mr.Pickles as you say talks in the third person, Mr.Pickles has answered this much asked question before, and Mr.Pickles dislikes to repeat himself.

Mr.Pickles loves to read posts of people who dislike him. It gives Mr.Pickles something to chuckle at. Right now Mr.Pickles is standing, with fists on hips, laughing at you all, in full conquistador regalia.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #6

If Mr.Pickles does not respond to your post, Mr.Pickles must not have found it intresting.

Magic Maker

Disneyland, thus Walt Disney World, was created so that families can laugh, play, and learn together. Walt wanted it to be high quality. The only people that are classified into a type of human being are the Cast Members. You have to be a certain type of person to be worthy of being a CM, at least at one time this was really true. We have now grown beyond the point of strong control, but that is a whole other thread all together.

I am not too fond of the Value resorts but before the Value resorts there has always been the crap holes on 192 and those people come to Disney as well. Is there a different level of behavior from people who tend to only be able to afford 192, yes, same for the Values, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Now kids, if you ignore Mr. Pickles he will lose power and diminish, so please just ignore. I know it's tough, but you are not gonna win but trying to have come backs, just ignore.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Mr.Pickles said:
Mr.Pickles feels they should not do any kind of renovations to any of the value resorts. Mr.Pickles feels all value resorts should be torn down, moderates included. Mr.Pickles thinks the lower end resorts bring in a lower end of human being.

Mr.Pickles tip of the day #4:

Mr.Pickles thinks if you understand the concept of "420", then you are a loser.

I am sure you are just trying to be funny, but your posting style is getting annoying. The content of this post also isnt really very helpful, and is somewhat disprespectful.

joshwill

Magic Maker said:
I am not too fond of the Value resorts but before the Value resorts there has always been the crap holes on 192 and those people come to Disney as well. Is there a different level of behavior from people who tend to only be able to afford 192, yes, same for the Values, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

can you be any more of a snob?

WDWEric

Magic Maker said:
Disneyland, thus Walt Disney World, was created so that families can laugh, play, and learn together. Walt wanted it to be high quality. The only people that are classified into a type of human being are the Cast Members. You have to be a certain type of person to be worthy of being a CM, at least at one time this was really true. We have now grown beyond the point of strong control, but that is a whole other thread all together.

I am not too fond of the Value resorts but before the Value resorts there has always been the crap holes on 192 and those people come to Disney as well.
Now kids, if you ignore Mr. Pickles he will lose power and diminish, so please just ignore. I know it's tough, but you are not gonna win but trying to have come backs, just ignore.

The Value resorts are what pay yor salary, without them most people could not afford to go to WDW. I for one can afford a Mod. or Deluxe, but why pay more for a hotel room? for example:
6 days, 5 nights for 2 adults (not including airfare)
Grand Floridian
$2,760.76
All Star Movies
$1,062.22

By staying at ASM I save $1698.54 So I can make one trip a year and stay at a deluxe, or make two trips a year and stay at a value and still have almost $700.00 in my pocket. now dont call me
.......a different level of behavior from people who tend to only be able to afford the Values, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Magic Maker

I am not a snob.

I just said that WDW was created for everyone.

But I am also saying that there is a difference between the Guest that stays at the Grand or AKL and the Guest that stays on 192 or the Value resorts. Did I ever say that I dislike the Guests that stay on 192 or the value resorts??????????

NO!

I am simply pointing out that from my four years of working for Disney and my entire existence being spent here in Orlando I have observed many, many behaviors. Now are there always exceptions to the rule? Of course. But if there is no difference in the guest behavior and expectations depending on how much money is spent then there would not be a need to offer different levels of resorts, it would all be the same price.

Again, there are EXCEPTIONS to the rules, and most of the people here on these boards are those exceptions (using the Value resorts to make multiple trips). I have also seem some terrible, terrible behaviors from Guests within the Deluxe resorts. So it does go both ways.

I am not knocking the Value resorts or the Guests who stay there. I am not knocking the Guests who stay on 192. I am simply stating that there is, for the most part, a difference in behavior. If there was no difference then All Star would be priced the same as Grand and everything would all be the same experience.

I treat the Guests staying anywhere as best as I possibly can. You will be hard pressed to find a Cast Member more into Disney and into keeping Walt's dream alive. But this industry and WDW is my life and I have been around it for 24 years, I seen many, many things.

Remember different does not = bad, different just equals different. That's all. Just different. Not bad. Just different.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I love the All-Stars. They're FUN. Money has nothing to do with it. I'd stay at All-Stars if they cost $500 per night.

Every year I think about staying somewhere else and I'm sure some time I will, but I have so many fond memories of the All-Stars that I'm afraid it just wouldn't seem like Disney at one of the other resorts.

The All-Stars are garrish and overdone and like nothing else in the world.

I can stay at a "nice" hotel anywhere, but I can only stay at All-Stars when I'm at Disney World.

Magic Maker

I'm glad you feel that way. It is neat to see someone enjoying those resorts that much. Personally I do not enjoy the Value resorts as much as I do our other resorts, but that is what is so cool abotu Disney, we try to offer something for everyone.

natalia1681

garyhoov said:
I love the All-Stars. They're FUN. Money has nothing to do with it. I'd stay at All-Stars if they cost $500 per night.

Every year I think about staying somewhere else and I'm sure some time I will, but I have so many fond memories of the All-Stars that I'm afraid it just wouldn't seem like Disney at one of the other resorts.

The All-Stars are garrish and overdone and like nothing else in the world.

I can stay at a "nice" hotel anywhere, but I can only stay at All-Stars when I'm at Disney World.

I totally agree with you. I can go anywhere in the world and stay in a "nice" fabulous hotel, but Disney to me is staying in the value resorts with their wonderful, over-the-top themeing. It makes me feel even more submerged in the Disney experience when I look out my window of my room and see a 40ft. disney character.:D

Marge10369

Magic Maker said:
I am not a snob.

I just said that WDW was created for everyone.

But I am also saying that there is a difference between the Guest that stays at the Grand or AKL and the Guest that stays on 192 or the Value resorts. Did I ever say that I dislike the Guests that stay on 192 or the value resorts??????????

NO!

I am simply pointing out that from my four years of working for Disney and my entire existence being spent here in Orlando I have observed many, many behaviors. Now are there always exceptions to the rule? Of course. But if there is no difference in the guest behavior and expectations depending on how much money is spent then there would not be a need to offer different levels of resorts, it would all be the same price.

Again, there are EXCEPTIONS to the rules, and most of the people here on these boards are those exceptions (using the Value resorts to make multiple trips). I have also seem some terrible, terrible behaviors from Guests within the Deluxe resorts. So it does go both ways.

I am not knocking the Value resorts or the Guests who stay there. I am not knocking the Guests who stay on 192. I am simply stating that there is, for the most part, a difference in behavior. If there was no difference then All Star would be priced the same as Grand and everything would all be the same experience.

I treat the Guests staying anywhere as best as I possibly can. You will be hard pressed to find a Cast Member more into Disney and into keeping Walt's dream alive. But this industry and WDW is my life and I have been around it for 24 years, I seen many, many things.

Remember different does not = bad, different just equals different. That's all. Just different. Not bad. Just different.

Wow What a wake up call for me. We always stayed at deluxe hotels...and then decided to try the CSR and fell in love with it. It is now our resort of choice. Does this mean my behavior has changed?? Am I acting "differently"? Should I go back to the Poly so I won't act "different"? If "different" isn't bad then is it strange or weird? And do people who stay in values or mods act "different" only in the resorts or can the "difference" be seen in the parks?:lol:

aklodge

Marge10369 said:
Wow What a wake up call for me. We always stayed at deluxe hotels...and then decided to try the CSR and fell in love with it. It is now our resort of choice. Does this mean my behavior has changed?? Am I acting "differently"? Should I go back to the Poly so I won't act "different"? If "different" isn't bad then is it strange or weird? And do people who stay in values or mods act "different" only in the resorts or can the "difference" be seen in the parks?:lol:

Maybe it's like the difference between people who have been on the boards for years and the ones who have just joined and enjoy arguing because they think thats what this place is all about, so they take everyone's posts just like it was a Private Message sent directly to them. Think so Marge? :brick: :fork:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
aklodge said:
Maybe it's like the difference between people who have been on the boards for years and the ones who have just joined and enjoy arguing because they think thats what this place is all about, so they take everyone's posts just like it was a Private Message sent directly to them. Think so Marge? :brick: :fork:
Marge joined the boards 5 months after you did.

Besides, didn't you see the ":lol: " at the end of her post?

jmvd20

My family always stayed at the GF and that is still by far and away my favorite hotel at WDW if not anywhere for that matter. However financially it makes more sense to me to stay at a value or moderate. When we go to WDW we have no intention of staying in the room for long periods of time. We go to the parks, DTD etc... Since we basically only sleep and shower in the room why pay $369.00/ night when you can pay 79-145 at a value/moderate.

The main thing that I miss from the GF as opposed to the others is the monorail. That makes it so much easier to get to MK and Epcot.

As for behavior of guests being different from one hotel category to the other - that is completely false. We are always rude, loud, obnoxious, and smelly no matter where we have stayed:eek: . We just get dirtier looks from people at the GF:lookaroun

Magic Maker

Marge10369 said:

Once again, there are EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sharing the experience I have: 24 years living within 2-15 miles of WDW, four years of working at WDW in all kinds of areas, 4 years of study at UCF - Rosen College of Hosp. Management. As a student we did studies on behaviors and expectations as reflected in price paid and the surrounding environment.
Do you think we found in our study that the people staying at the Value resorts had the EXACT same expectations and behaviors at those staying at the Deluxe resorts?

Again, there is simply a general statement that blankets the years of experience and study I have seen.

THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULES AND I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT I DO NOT LIKE GUESTS THAT STAY AT VALUE AND MOD RESORTS.

I AM NOT A BAD PERSON.

I AM NOT BASHING ANYONE.

Thank you and have a magical day!

Thank you my dear Mr. Pencil Test for sheding some more light.

jmvd20

Magic Maker said:
Once again, there are EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sharing the experience I have: 24 years living within 2-15 miles of WDW, four years of working at WDW in all kinds of areas, 4 years of study at UCF - Rosen College of Hosp. Management. As a student we did studies on behaviors and expectations as reflected in price paid and the surrounding environment.
Do you think we found in our study that the people staying at the Value resorts had the EXACT same expectations and behaviors at those staying at the Deluxe resorts?

Again, there is simply a general statement that blankets the years of experience and study I have seen.

THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULES AND I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT I DO NOT LIKE GUESTS THAT STAY AT VALUE AND MOD RESORTS.

I AM NOT A BAD PERSON.

I AM NOT BASHING ANYONE.

Thank you and have a magical day!

Thank you my dear Mr. Pencil Test for sheding some more light.

I agree with what you are saying. There is definitely a difference between deluxe resorts and value resorts. I have seen it firsthand from staying at the GF as well as the value resorts. At the GF at least once a day I would hear someone whining or complaining about stupid things. Usually a "snob" that expects the whole world to stop for them. Either I or a member of my family witnessed these.

The washcloth wasn't folded into a perfect flower on the sink.

Guests complaining that they had to stand on the resort monorail because people at the "cheap" hotels (polynesian and contemporary) were on the same train.

Yelling - loudly - at the Bell Staff because they had to wait behind us and some other people at check in time.

Yelling at check-in counter repeadtedly stating - "do you know who I am, I will have you fired". I couldn't resist this one since I was in line behind him so I said "a complete and total jerk who is making an *** out of himself" :cool:

Many others along these same lines occurred as well. I haven't witnessed these at Value or moderate resorts but I also haven't stayed at them as much as the GF. So in these terms I would agree with you that expectations are different. I do expect more from the GF than All Stars but that is because I am paying more.

Magic Maker

Exactly.

It goes both ways.

Deluxe resort Guests TEND (notice my diction) to expcect higher service.

Value resort Guest TEND (again... semantics people) to expect a better experience than ever before if it is their first time on property and end up disappointed sometimes by the room size (hence the refurb - the whole point of this thread) and because of the service (pool towels only being available at the front desk).

I have seen it all. But my point the entire time is that there is a difference. The difference is not good, it is not bad. It just is a difference that's all, no need to get your you know what in a wad.

EDIT: The final statement was not directed at any one individual or group of individuals, it was simply a statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom