The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

Well, actually........................Behold Cauliflower Steak! ;)
View attachment 224253

http://thewimpyvegetarian.com/2015/...s-sicilian-style-sundaysupper-mcskilletsauce/

INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rub the cauliflower surfaces with 1 Tbsp olive oil and McCormick's Perfect Pinch spices. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the skillet and heat up over medium-high heat. When hot, add the cauliflower. Sear for 2 minutes each side, and add the orange juice, scraping up any bits on the skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the steaks are soft enough to insert a knife into. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
  2. Add the final Tbsp oil to the pan and add the red peppers. Sauté until lightly charred and beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the onion, raisins, and capers. Sauté until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the Sicilian Skillet Sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Pour over the cauliflower steaks.
  3. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
I think I will just stick to my steak. Thanks.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So glad the day is over...well, besides having to cook dinner. We had a rough start this morning. We got an email last week that told us what we needed to know about this first week of school...it said the PE schedule was not going to be used as there was a full schedule this week of fun activities. But BOTH my kids had PE today...and I looked everywhere for DS's PE shirt and could not find it anywhere....discovered why after school. He was wearing it as a regular shirt.:rolleyes: So we got to school no problem, but then DS didn't lock his bike and he forgot to get his gym bag out of the bike bags, so I had to send him back and the bike parking is all the way on the other side of the building. The email said that this first week, we could follow the kids in and look around at the school, but I had to work yesterday so I couldn't go in like most of the parents did, so I thought I'd go in and look today, but wasn't allowed to. Only yesterday...that's not what the email said, and I can't be the ONLY parent who had to work yesterday and didn't get the chance...and then I saw a whole group of other parents getting to go in. I went in after school...it's...very institutional. And the stairs are SO narrow. The whole area is really unhandy...I don't really know how to explain it, but I hope there's never a fire because it's not designed for flow. It's terrible with bottle-necking. Like...there's a main entrance to the downstairs that the younger grades use, and then there's a door on the side of the building for the upper grades. It's one long hallway that leads to the super narrow stairs where you really can only go single file. That side door opens onto the narrowest part of the grounds...it's probably less than 10 feet from the door to the curb. Because there's no playground equipment, the kids have nothing to do and they aren't allowed in the building until the whole class goes in with their teacher. So they all gather right at that door and no one can get through to actually line up. And when they come out, there's no place for the parents to wait except right by that door...OR in the bike path that runs adjacent, so then people riding bikes can't get through because of parents standing across the whole path waiting for their kids. Then, the only way to get to the bikes is by following that narrow space to a gate...one single gate, which about 200 kids and their parents have to pass through...and then another such gate after that to get to the bike parking, where there are still no bike racks. And of course, stupid parents congregate right at those gates, so then no one can get in or out of said gates because they are blocked. Should they ever have a fire and have to get all the kids single file down the stairs, then out the gates....I don't want to even think about how long it will take. I'm surprised it passed codes!! (Think Disney, after a show, everyone heading all at once for the exit, but then everyone is trying to escape a fire) So it's really a poor design. Then I went to pick the kids up at 2:15 when they are supposed to get out...DD's class didn't get out until 2:35! 20 minutes late! All the 6th grade parents were standing there waiting...walking back and forth, trying to figure out where the kids would be coming out from PE. I asked and was told the normal side door...but they came out the door of the rec center next door...not even in the school! Communication and organization is apparently not a strong point of our school! So I am glad to be done for the day...I think a bath with a good book is in order tonight!!
{{HUGS}} Hopefully everything works out quickly. A bath and a book always helps xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm sure we'll get the hang of it...it's just annoying because no one wanted the new school location and we were forced into it and promised this really nice new building and grounds and so far they haven't delivered on any of it. So to be forced into something that isn't even as good as what we had and is a really bad location where we have to cross a busy street that's unsafe...it's confirming that they didn't have the students' best interest at heart. The city wanted a pretty new building so they can pat themselves on the back for how much they spent on kids' education, but it's more a status symbol than a functional school. It's really disappointing. Maybe it will be different when they actually have it finished, but I can't see how right now.
Nothing at all to like about that situation. xoxo

Cesar R M

I think I will just stick to my steak. Thanks.

kNhaiIA.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom