Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

stage 4 demo

DHm1nLYXgAAAOC_.jpg

FigmentJedi

Man, how old is Andy? Kid is building intricate roller coasters but still plays with toy blocks aimed at toddlers.
We're talking about a kid whose home movies are entirely focused on him being alone with a bunch of toys and appears to have no friends beyond kids that probably just showed up for birthday cake in the first movie.

Additionally, from what behind the scenes material seems to indicate, Andy is very much based on John Lasseter himself, a man who always took care of his toys (while all the other Pixar Story Brains were closer to Sid) and has spent the last ten years obsessively playing with Hot Wheels and turning them into movies.

lvsdisney

Man, how old is Andy? Kid is building intricate roller coasters but still plays with toy blocks aimed at toddlers.

My son is 7 and can put together the k'nex roller coasters but still plays with our wooden alphabet blocks as well, plus everything in between. He actually loves building with the wooden blocks that our library has. So, maybe Andy is my son's age? 6-8 years old?

SCOTLORR

I'm interested to see where in the timeline of Toy Story this land takes place in. Technically, if we're in Andy's backyard and he built all of the attractions (toys), then its near after Toy Story 2, at the latest. Which means, any sign of characters from Toy Story 3 wouldn't work. I wonder if they'll pay any mind to that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm interested to see where in the timeline of Toy Story this land takes place in. Technically, if we're in Andy's backyard and he built all of the attractions (toys), then its near after Toy Story 2, at the latest. Which means, any sign of characters from Toy Story 3 wouldn't work. I wonder if they'll pay any mind to that.

Considering the parks and attractions often have characters who've died in the movies... I don't think it matters much.

Who, besides me, gets riled when characters from "Looking Glass" appear in "Wonderland" movies and attractions?

rocketraccoon

I'm also curious as to what the new FP+ options will be when this land opens. Will they just add slinky to tier one and saucers to the 2nd tier?
I can totally see them putting both rides as Tier 1s like they did with Avatar until Star Wars Land is a bit closer to opening. Although the saucers ride will be less of a draw than Na'vi River Journey, so I dunno. I imagine that'll have to be what they do eventually though.

Maybe Beauty and the Beast will finally drop to a Tier 2.

wdrive

Another reason why I think this land is poorly planned. I'm almost certain there'll be references to Toy Story 3 in this land, yet we are still in Andy's backyard filled with his toys. Why is teenage Andy playing outside with his toys that he gave to Bonnie? I don't think anyone in TDO or WDI knows or cares why.

Some people will tell me to just enjoy it and stop getting held up over small details. But this is the same company who paid millions of dollars in order to remove Visa logos from credit card machines in the name of theme, which seems like a ridiculous over the top move compared to some of the laziness of Toy Story Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom