Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

peter11435

3 minutes won't drastically alter this number. I like to think of the pre-shows as part of the ride, not something that should be skipped over.
I agree they shouldn't be skipping the preshows.

The extra few minutes enables them to get in an extra ride cycle. And for an attraction with such high demand and low capacity i can understand the desire.

disneygeek90

I agree they shouldn't be skipping the preshows.

The extra few minutes enables them to get in an extra ride cycle. And for an attraction with such high demand and low capacity i can understand the desire.
It's not as if it's saving a half hour. It's literally 3 minutes. I understand the logic but I don't see how it's worth cutting it for an entire group. I would like to get the same experience as every other guest, not punished for arriving early and missing part of the experience. It didn't matter to me as I've been on several times now, but that was my family's first time and I felt like they had missed out on part of the "build up" leading up to the actual ride.

peter11435

It's not as if it's saving a half hour. It's literally 3 minutes. I understand the logic but I don't see how it's worth cutting it for an entire group. I would like to get the same experience as every other guest, not punished for arriving early and missing part of the experience. It didn't matter to me as I've been on several times now, but that was my family's first time and I felt like they had missed out on part of the "build up" leading up to the actual ride.
I agree I don't like it either. But I see why they do it. If they send the first group straight to the ride while the next navigates the queue and preshows this allows them to run an extra cycle giving an extra couple hundred guests the chance to ride.

disneygeek90

I agree I don't like it either. But I see why they do it. If they send the first group straight to the ride while the next navigates the queue and preshows this allows them to run an extra cycle giving an extra couple hundred guests the chance to ride.
I would have rather waited for the next cycle if I knew they were going to do that. Would have been well worth the extra 3 minute wait.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
So if we have a fastpass in the morning for FOP around 9:30ish will we be able to get in and maneuver?

I was asked to ride it numerous times during early previews but going back in a few weeks and have fastpass now that it is open to all and wondering what to expect

disneygeek90

So if we have a fastpass in the morning for FOP around 9:30ish will we be able to get in and maneuver?

I was asked to ride it numerous times during early previews but going back in a few weeks and have fastpass now that it is open to all and wondering what to expect
What do you mean by maneuver?? If you have a fast pass you will be fine.

Disney4family

We showed up at AK for EMH last week. The place was completely mobbed as everyone here has said and shown in pictures. At rope drop 99.999999% of the people went to Pandora. The rest of us enjoyed a beautiful walk to our first attraction. My family rode Everest over and over and over, etc. - first car, last car, whatever we wanted. The attraction was empty.
We went back to AK one afternoon later in the week. The wait time for Stand By was still horrendous. We had a FP for FOP for 5:20 and walked right on. (All theaters were working that day.)
It's kind of like if Soarin' and Star Tours had a baby.
It is beautiful to see and experience and really helps you appreciate the land they've created outside.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As in will it be shoulder to shoulder people walking thru Pandora

We were at DAK last Friday. Had a 9:35 am ADR at Tusker House. Noticed the packed crowd at the Pandora entrance by Tuffins. But by the time we finished our breakfast and walked back to Pandora, the entrance wasn't crowded at all and it wasn't shoulder to shoulder inside. I think first thing in the AM will be a mess, due to all the guests running (yes, they were running) to Pandora. But once schools start in a week or two, crowds levels during the week should go down. My advice, visit Pandora during the week, not Friday - Sunday.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We showed up at AK for EMH last week. The place was completely mobbed as everyone here has said and shown in pictures. At rope drop 99.999999% of the people went to Pandora. The rest of us enjoyed a beautiful walk to our first attraction. My family rode Everest over and over and over, etc. - first car, last car, whatever we wanted. The attraction was empty.
We went back to AK one afternoon later in the week. The wait time for Stand By was still horrendous. We had a FP for FOP for 5:20 and walked right on. (All theaters were working that day.)
It's kind of like if Soarin' and Star Tours had a baby.
It is beautiful to see and experience and really helps you appreciate the land they've created outside.

When we finished our breakfast and went over to Pandora, the wait time for FoP was well over 4 hours...and the other entrance by Lion King was closed because it was needed for the standby line - and it was the end of the line. By the time we wandered around Windwalkers, got our banshee and headed over to Na'vi, it was nearly 6 hours! Yes, the FP+ line moved quickly and we got right on, since we quickly raised our hands when the ride CM asked for a party of 2. We left the park around 10:00 pm and the wait time was over 3 hours....and I don't think it dropped much, even with EMH from 10pm to midnight. Lots of people were coming into the park as we were leaving.

Last edited:

MiddKid

Current plan to get two rides on FoP on a five day trip this coming week:
  • EMH on our first full morning...rope drop it
  • We have a FP+ for noon on our departure day (flight leaves MCO at 6pm)
I hear the EMH horror stories but no way am I risking waiting until the last ride of our last day to ride this! I'm hoping that's just a bonus second ride. Our group has some little ones (below 10) and older ones (over 70) so evening EMH are out of the question. Even though it will be a madhouse and even though we have to get there early it feels like that's still our best option to ride it. The standby must keep moving during EMH due to no FP returns!

Most of our other mornings are planned already so we have very little flexibility but is there any better solution?

disneygeek90

Current plan to get two rides on FoP on a five day trip this coming week:
  • EMH on our first full morning...rope drop it
  • We have a FP+ for noon on our departure day (flight leaves MCO at 6pm)
I hear the EMH horror stories but no way am I risking waiting until the last ride of our last day to ride this! I'm hoping that's just a bonus second ride. Our group has some little ones (below 10) and older ones (over 70) so evening EMH are out of the question. Even though it will be a madhouse and even though we have to get there early it feels like that's still our best option to ride it. The standby must keep moving during EMH due to no FP returns!

Most of our other mornings are planned already so we have very little flexibility but is there any better solution?
If you're at bag check an hour and a half before open there will be crowds but you will guarantee yourself to be in the first 1-3 shows. It sounds longer than it is. They were letting us in Pandora at 8:40 on Sunday for a 9am opening. They let you through the entry points about 40 minutes before open.

Furiated

As planned, I got my family all to Pandora yesterday (9am open, no EMH). I live close, so we were leaving my apartment about 7:15 and were parking a few minutes after 7:30. I usually carry a bag but left it in the car. When we got to the main entrance around 7:40, everyone was being held at bag check. We got in line for the no bag line and after a few minutes were letting everyone through. We were behind about 5 people at the passholder entry touchpoint, and they started letting everyone through around 8:20. Got right outside Pandora where we were held until about 8:40. We were easily within the first 50-100 people in the line.

Unfortunately we did get fed through the fastpass queue but I was somewhat prepared for that. What I was not prepared for was missing the entire first show. It said “Standby” for maybe two minutes, then the second door opened. I mentioned to the castmember handing out the glasses that we didn’t see anything and she said a nonchalant “okay” and kept everyone going. I would have liked my family to see the video for their first time. I suppose the second video still does a decent job of filling you in on what you’re doing, but it was a little bummer for me. I'm not sure if this was a true glitch or error, or if they were just simply trying to get everything started sooner.

Everyone loved the ride though. My mom, who I was most worried about, was laughing and screaming the whole time. We were off probably before it was even 9am, had a 15 minute wait for NRJ, and were on and off both Pandora rides by 9:32am, no fastpass required.

I was there the same day arrived at the same time and had exactly your experience! This was my first time in the land and on FoP and I have been avoiding spoilers, even of the queue. I knew that going in at rope drop, I was going to miss some of the queue because I had read that they were skipping parts of it to rush through the morning rope drop crowd, which was disappointing. But it seems like we skipped ALL of the queue. We didn't stop until we got in the first room with the numbered spots on the floor. Nothing happened in there, and someone in the room with us commented that usually something happens in that room and that we didn't even get that.

Not having any idea what you are supposed to see in the queue, I was going to come on here and ask how much of the queue I missed (without getting too spoilery), but from your post it seems like the answer is, I missed literally all of it.

disneygeek90

I was there the same day arrived at the same time and had exactly your experience! This was my first time in the land and on FoP and I have been avoiding spoilers, even of the queue. I knew that going in at rope drop, I was going to miss some of the queue because I had read that they were skipping parts of it to rush through the morning rope drop crowd, which was disappointing. But it seems like we skipped ALL of the queue. We didn't stop until we got in the first room with the numbered spots on the floor. Nothing happened in there, and someone in the room with us commented that usually something happens in that room and that we didn't even get that.

Not having any idea what you are supposed to see in the queue, I was going to come on here and ask how much of the queue I missed (without getting too spoilery), but from your post it seems like the answer is, I missed literally all of it.
Yeah, so we basically only walked through the outside part and a bit of the first room that's still somewhat outside, then got fed into the FP queue (the boring grey wall :/). If you're curious you can easily youtube the first preshow bit, just look for one dated after opening as there were a few different versions before it opened flying around. I sent it to my parents, but I definitely felt missing it took away a little of the build up leading up to the ride.

Furiated

Yeah, so we basically only walked through the outside part and a bit of the first room that's still somewhat outside, then got fed into the FP queue (the boring grey wall :/). If you're curious you can easily youtube the first preshow bit, just look for one dated after opening as there were a few different versions before it opened flying around. I sent it to my parents, but I definitely felt missing it took away a little of the build up leading up to the ride.

I'd love to know at what point they switch over from skipping the entire queue to filling the queue. I was maybe 10-20 people back in the initial FoP line that morning. If I knew that if I dropped back to like spot #100 I could see the entire queue, I'd be fine with that, even with an increased wait time (assuming we're talking a couple attraction cycles and not a 60-90 minute wait). My next visit I'll likely be doing another non-EMH morning rope drop, so maybe I'll ask a CM at the attraction as they start feeding us in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom