Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Kman101

I agree it should be a new build. We have different perspectives and neither is wrong it's why I enjoy the boards.

I believe a few of our insiders have said good things about it. I can't remember specifically but @MansionButler84 @tirian @Magic Feather @WildcatDen @marni1971 can chime in if they can. @articos

Heck who knows maybe I end up hating it but I leave myself open to it. But I still hope for the best. I understand why you feel the way you do, I get it.

Casper Gutman

I agree it should be a new build. We have different perspectives and neither is wrong it's why I enjoy the boards.

I believe a few of our insiders have said good things about it. I can't remember specifically but @MansionButler84 @tirian @Magic Feather @WildcatDen @marni1971 can chime in if they can. @articos

Heck who knows maybe I end up hating it but I leave myself open to it. But I still hope for the best. I understand why you feel the way you do, I get it.

I just want MORE great things at WDW, not the same number or fewer!

Kman101

I just want MORE great things at WDW, not the same number or fewer!

Me too. Especially in a park where they KNOW they need more to do. I've often called them out on replacing instead of adding, it's beyond frustrating but I've also come to accept they don't care if I care about that. Not saying being passive is the answer but I just don't like to dwell on it. I used to. If I truly felt we could change them I'd be all for it but they probably think we're nuts and don't take us seriously. (They do think we are and they don't take us seriously)

Casper Gutman

Me too. Especially in a park where they KNOW they need more to do. I've often called them out on replacing instead of adding, it's beyond frustrating but I've also come to accept they don't care if I care about that. Not saying being passive is the answer but I just don't like to dwell on it. I used to. If I truly felt we could change them I'd be all for it but they probably think we're nuts and don't take us seriously. (They do think we are and they don't take us seriously)

Yup. Just like back in the day, Paul Pressler thought Al Lutz was nuts. Dressed up like him to mock him in a skit, if I recall. And then Pressler got fired and the parks got better. (That's an oversimplification, of course, but there's an element of truth in it, I believe.)

Now, I'm no Al Lutz. I'm just a pessimistic poster on a board. But nutso fans can make a difference. And at some point what WDW is doing will stop working - look at their current difficulties with filling their restaurants. Everything is inevitable right up until it ain't.

Kman101

Yup. Just like back in the day, Paul Pressler thought Al Lutz was nuts. Dressed up like him to mock him in a skit, if I recall. And then Pressler got fired and the parks got better. (That's an oversimplification, of course, but there's an element of truth in it, I believe.)

Now, I'm no Al Lutz. I'm just a pessimistic poster on a board. But nutso fans can make a difference. And at some point what WDW is doing will stop working - look at their current difficulties with filling their restaurants. Everything is inevitable right up until it ain't.

Exactly. And it's clear they've started hitting a tipping point with pricing. But this summer was slower than most. I also think they're a bit saturated now with restaurants.

Fans can make a difference when we all work together but just being a pessimist complaining here doesn't get the job done but I know what you're saying.

Eventually they'll realize what they're doing now isn't working. The problem is they plan short term and not long term. They realized they couldn't stagnate any longer and have now been forced into spending money. Just like Universal has begun to see a pushback on all the screen rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seriously, who can be so against this?!?!

5vCDD66.gif

n2hifi

Hey Mike, some people are trying to push an agenda that the new cartoons are awful, so if you could stop being reasonable, that would help alright?? :hilarious:
I have no agenda and in fact this is my first post in awhile, but I for one don't like the style of the animation (looks like Ren & Stimpy to me) and I think Mickey is a bit rude and disrespectful. But then I didn't like Wreck it Ralph either which seems to be sacrilege on these boards. To each their own. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me nor do I have any expectations of changing anyone's mind on what they like. My wife loves GOTG and the MCU while I have no interest. I will probably ride the new GOTG ride even though I am upset with it's placement in Epcot and the weak backstory connecting it. This one I may have to skip because it just rubs me the wrong way.

Kman101

I think a lot of it is people have been conditioned to corporate mascot Mickey and Clubhouse Mickey. I do get not liking the gross outs and not everything is for everyone, we all have our likes and dislikes. I like the idea of going into a Mickey short and being immersed in it. I like the new style design they use but, that's me. I don't love it's going into GMR but the attraction fits the park and the 'going into a short' fits the theater. I also think many were simply disappointed they didn't get what they envisioned which is a ride through the years featuring Mickey. I wanted that too but I think this idea could be clever and fun

Daveeeeed

I just bursted out laughing. Now I can't stop watching that gif.
Imagine how great a ride would be like that. If only.:eek:
I think a lot of it is people have been conditioned to corporate mascot Mickey and Clubhouse Mickey. I do get not liking the gross outs and not everything is for everyone, we all have our likes and dislikes. I like the idea of going into a Mickey short and being immersed in it. I like the new style design they use but, that's me. I don't love it's going into GMR but the attraction fits the park and the 'going into a short' fits the theater. I also think many were simply disappointed they didn't get what they envisioned which is a ride through the years featuring Mickey. I wanted that too but I think this idea could be clever and fun
Even with GMR, this is the ride I am most excited for from D23. TRON is definitely second though.

dreamscometrue

How come everyone is so negative on the modern Mickey Mouse cartoons?
'Everyone' isn't. We are on a WDW fan forum where crazy Disney fans like us discuss and debate life altering topics such as...how the batter dipping is improving with the hand-dipped corn dogs at Sleepy Hollow, is there really something wrong with the hippo's eye in IASW, what are the actual ride cycle times on FoP, whether the start of Slinky Dog Dash should be a lift hill instead of a launch, and yes, what style Mickey Mouse should be in this new attraction. A great many people on here, myself included, love the choice in and of itself, and also appreciate the business case to use this version. And, 99.9% of the people who ride are likely unaware that Mickey has ever been animated differently since Ub Iwerks sketched him, or simply don't care. Any sample on this site definitely contains bias. We are not 'normal'. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom