The Great Movie Ride Competition Discussion

FigmentPigments

Good morning everyone, I'll have my reviews up today and any other potential judge reviews will be up as well with results posted tonight. Apologize for the delay as there were a few technical difficulties with the ride last night (disney dad couldn't get into his account).

On a side note, happy to announce that a couple of newer members to the forum @DisneyForever and @MountainX3WDW have decided to hitch a ride and see what these imagineering comps are all about. I know you all will welcome them with open arms. I'll be dropping them into the studio chats this morning.
Glad to have you guys here, welcome! :)

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
This competition could not be timed more perfect @Disney Dad 3000. The classic is about to close:cry:

I know. I'm a little ticked off about it. I don't normally get so angry about something like that when it comes to a theme park, etc.but arghh....
All I can think about though is who I have to knock off to take Gene Kelly, Sigourney Weaver, the Wicked Witch and a few munchkins home with me.

The90skid

I know. I'm a little ticked off about it. I don't normally get so angry about something like that when it comes to a theme park, etc.but arghh....
All I can think about though is who I have to knock off to take Gene Kelly, Sigourney Weaver, the Wicked Witch and a few munchkins home with me.
You can have them, I just want the gangsters! And probably Tarzan lol

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Alrighty, everything is caught up after a little crazy week or so and we are on schedule. Scene 3 results are up and TT results for Scene 4 will be up on Friday. Just try and have your main challenge project up by early Sunday morning (maybe 9am est or so). But we can always be a little flexible about that. No need for any undue stress.

BTW, all 3 studios with some really interesting resort ideas so far.

And man, Trailer Tuesday entries are killing it so far. You guys must like murder!?! :)
Gotta say @QuillPenn I feel, for Charlie Baker, guy is just having a rough time of it.

D Hulk

By request of @Disney Dad 3000, here is the early concept art for Dream Mountain:

download

Yup, the showbuilding was originally a gigantic multicolored pulsating brain!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Good afternoon gang, just a reminder today is Thursday, I think. Still lots of day left if you have a few minutes and want to enter your Trailer Tuesday pitch into the execs greenlight meetings.
There is a certain actor in the GMR who has a film (not in the GMR) that would make for a good play on words with 2 certain resorts at WDW. But so far you guys are doing just fine on your own!

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Good afternoon gang, just a reminder today is Thursday, I think. Still lots of day left if you have a few minutes and want to enter your Trailer Tuesday pitch into the execs greenlight meetings.
There is a certain actor in the GMR who has a film (not in the GMR) that would make for a good play on words with 2 certain resorts at WDW. But so far you guys are doing just fine on your own!

Murder at the Swan & Dolphin
home_1.jpg

It is found one morning that all of the big executives from both the Swan and Dolphin resort have been murdered!! Although intentions of this malicious attack were unclear initially, more and more evidence started to be revealed throughout. In the end, it is found that the executives from the other hotels in the area (Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club) had all teamed up to try and take out the non-Disney hotels that were taking all of their business!

And @AceAstro used em, but man I was hoping for The Maltese Dolphin or Swan :)
(Humphrey Bogart from the GMR ). But seriously, nice job. This could probably happen right? Same epcot convenience but better prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom