The Great Movie Ride Competition Discussion

spacemt354

Chili's
The Results Scene 4
Hotel California

Before we get started, a little mood music from our season soundtrack and the title track for week 4, Hotel California

Let's have the envelopes please.

For Best Set Design
and 20 points the award goes to (A new award this week to award resort integration and well set design)
Pixar Studios. I thought you hit a home run with your choice of attraction and location and how you meshed that with flow into TL giving guests a great perk, plus the amazing look of the exterior in your concept piece. As I noted in my review, I loved how you incorporated many facets of the resort as well based off your attraction

For Best Original Screenplay and 10 points the award goes to
Marvel Studios. Great detail. Thorough. Explained easily. Laid out nicely. Not sure what else I can add.

For Best Original Art Direction and 15 points the award goes to
Marvel Studios. I didn't count the number of original art pieces, but I know it was high and know there was a lot involved there. Plus you used a wide variety of art forms as well. Many great visuals.

For Best Picture (Best overall idea, presentation, visuals, write up, the whole kitchen sink) and 70 points for first, 40 for 2nd
Marvel Studios. This decision honestly pained me and why it's taken 2 days to provide results. So I apologize for that. You made it unbelievably hard by just being too damn good. I really feel bad actually picking a winner but I think in the end it just came down to the total scope of the pitches. Marvel I think you literally left no stone unturned aside from maybe the type of in-room toiletries. Or did you have that and I missed it?

Trailer Tuesday Results
Pixar Studios - 20 points (3 entries, 1 greenlit film tie)
Marvel Studios - 15 points (3 entries)

Points recap for Scene 4
Pixar Studios - 80 points (best picture 2nd, set design, 3 tt entries, 1tt winner)
Marvel Studios - 110 points (best picture winner, art direction, screenplay, 3 tt entries)

I literally had to read and re-read your pitches several times. I didn't want to miss anything. Thank you for the honor in reviewing them this week and making them part of this competition. That may sound hokie, but I thought what everyone did was really just tremendous.

Toiletries. I knew we forgot something:grumpy: - every time you flush Uncle Orville will yell "no privacy at all around this place!" and the bathtub will be modified for "air-cooling"

Hats off to Pixar that was one heck of a round.

With two teams and two wins each, I sense a friendly 7-game series rivalry brewing? ;):p

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Toiletries. I knew we forgot something:grumpy: - every time you flush Uncle Orville will yell "no privacy at all around this place!" and the bathtub will be modified for "air-cooling"

Hats off to Pixar that was one heck of a round.

With two teams and two wins each, I sense a friendly 7-game series rivalry brewing? ;):p

spacemt354

Chili's

Scene 6 Umbrella

Welcome to Scene 6 of the Great Movie Ride, and our last shot before the grand finale scene!

This week we take a break from war, murder and fighting for the most feel good film of this season of The Great Movie Ride. This film holds a special place in my heart because I think it's just so damn entertaining. While it is a musical, it's in a different vein then some musicals you may have seen from the same time period. Yes, there's singing, and dancing, but both are great in this film. Mixed in with that there's a number of great laughs and routines, and just an overall enjoyable film.

Better yet, this film is actually in The Great Movie Ride attraction itself. Let's take a brief look at Gene Kelly, Debbie Reynolds and Donald O'Connor in Singing in the Rain.

For me this was me one of the first older films I fell in love with and to me still just as good as it was when it came out.

So what is your challenge this week? Pretty obvious right? Design a new park impervious to rain of course. Nahhh.

Your challenge this week will be to design a new show for the Magic Kingdom. Fortunately for you, Disney has done part of the challenge for you with its new proposed Main Street theater facade being presented a D23. The rest is up to you.

Now I know shows may not be your cup of tea, but there is actually a lot of Imagineeering that can be done here from the interior design, theater layout,all important sets, costumes, AA's if needed, etc. Some of the best shows at WDW are at Animal Kingdom, and it's high time the MK had its own great show.

This does not have to be a broadway style show unless you desire.The type is really up to you if you want singing, dancing, effects driven, water,etc, it's all fair game. Don't be afraid to put the full theater to good use. Your singing is totally optional. :)

Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

THEME PARK APPRENTICE 9: CHALLENGE 5 - CREATE A NEW SHOW

Everyone loves rides, but sometimes a successful show is the perfect way to add variety to a theme park. For guests, shows offer a change of pace and a break between thrill rides. A brilliant show can even lend a park its own unique identity, be it a headlining spectacular, an end-of-day showstopper, or even a quieter offering.

This week, “Theme Park Apprentice: Extreme Park Makeover” asks you to propose a new headliner show for a theme park which is lacking in this area. Once again, any park is allowable, though make sure your proposed show will be your park’s headliner. That is, if you suggest a show for Disneyland, it needs to be even better than Fantasmic…so maybe look at other park options as well. You are welcome to use any type of show, including live theater, parades, fireworks, water spectaculars, animatronic revues, et cetera. Heck, hybridize show types, or create a new type of show altogether! Wow us with your out-of-the-box ideas!

All proposals are due on Saturday, August 12th, at midnight site time. Late proposals without an acceptable excuse will see their point totals reduced. Let us know if you anticipate a real life conflict.

Judging criteria remains the same as before.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
What are the odds haha

In times like these, being a theater major could have come in handy...:p

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
What are the odds haha

In times like these, being a theater major could have come in handy...:p

It was originally going to be scene 2 or 4, but then 2 teams did shows with their mini lands unexpectedly in scene 1 and then D23 happened with the theater surprise. Thought about changing it up, but figured we'd just take the new theater exterior instead of making you all do it.
Great minds think alike!

Suchomimus

That's a shame. Parades are really fun to write.
Except if there's pink elephants involved.
mW5KMov.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
To get some conversation going and a bit of inter-team mingling with onlookers included -- who wants to play a movie game?

It's a pretty simple alphabet movie game. I post the name of a film title that starts with A, then the person who responds posts a film title that starts with B, and it goes on and on for as long as we want:bookworm: We could also switch it up to actors/actresses at some point, TV shows, if we feel like it.

I'll kick it off....

Alien
Alien_movie_poster.jpg

D Hulk

To get some conversation going and a bit of inter-team mingling with onlookers included -- who wants to play a movie game?

It's a pretty simple alphabet movie game. I post the name of a film title that starts with A, then the person who responds posts a film title that starts with B, and it goes on and on for as long as we want:bookworm: We could also switch it up to actors/actresses at some point, TV shows, if we feel like it.

I'll kick it off....

Alien
Alien_movie_poster.jpg
Gotta keep it Ridley Scott:
Blade Runner

IMG_2752.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom